New Project: Specialized Police Training

Prefontaine

Alex stated in his recent announcement that his next focus will be on the following.

• My next priority is refactoring some of the domestic aspect of the game. Specifically, I have some new mechanics I’d like to introduce, including Average Life Expectancy, Unemployment, Environment, Culture, Science, Tourism, and more. But more on that later, it’s just a teaser for the future!

Some of these changes are impacted by Pollution, Crime, and Disease, as well as new metrics that have not been added yet. There were two projects recently released which deal with pollution, one being the Recycling Initiative. These two projects are designed in a similar fashion, and while the impact might not seem like much in the current builds, they can be helpful to nations going forward.

Specialized Police Training

Requires: Civil Engineering Project
Cash: $10,000,000
Food: 100,000

Effect: Police Stations crime reduction is increased from 2.5% to 3.5% for each Police Station. You can build an extra Police Station in each city. Daily cost of each police station is increased from $750 to $1000.

• Upvote 4

scSqPGJ.gif

6 minutes ago, Epi said:

This seems unnecessary for anyone under 3k infra, It would be better to include them in a larger proposal/update rather than separately. 

It's also unnecessary over 3k. Worst case it's a project that rarely gets used. Often people talk about how there are too many important projects to get, putting a strain on project slots. If there's a couple situational projects, or projects that aren't a high demand, that should be fine. 

scSqPGJ.gif

It's pointless to devote a certain amount of time and effort into a feature that isn't expected to see much, if any use, in contrast to devoting that that same amount of time and effort into more significant/worthwhile updates, such as the recent update and the Alliance QoL thing. It's simply a matter of investment vs return, and the latter options offer far better returns for the investment involved. As such, I'd be encouraging a greater emphasis to be placed on the latter two.

This is inconsequential enough to where it could very well just be added directly as changes to the improvements themselves. Which would allow far more people to make use of them if they were so inclined.

• Upvote 4

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

9 hours ago, katashimon13 said:

😐 again... no to the higher cap

also crime barely matters past the first police station till ur a whale

the rest of those planned things better make crime go up so this nonsense is justifiable

rawr

Crime doesn't matter at whale tier either. I think I'm running 2 police stations at 3500 infra. I believe under the new system it'd be impossible for people to get 0% crime above 2700 infra, or something around that. This also means people running lower infra builds need to dedicate more improvement slots to crime. At 2000-2500 infra you'd probably need 4-5 police stations to run 0 crime. 

Again the numbers for what crime rates become are a bit fluid at the moment. Three of the metrics that currently exist: Pollution, Crime, Disease will all start having more of an impact and thus I'm trying to make projects similar to that of the Recycling Initiative for down the road. Again, worse case it's a non-high demand project -- which is an okay thing. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Impossible to get under 0 crime above 2700infra !?!?? That’s won’t work. That means your gaining 1% crime per 216 infra. Considering crime has 10x the effect s of disease this will means any infra investment over that will actually result in a income reduction rather then an income increase...

yea my it doesnt matter till whale i ment that exactly u need 1 more police station xP

forgive me for not beliving the numbers are fluid seeing how the last update was implemented 😕

but yea if the new updates mess with crime then sure go for it

rawr

• 2 weeks later...