no tax records to display

Swedge

What were you doing (or trying to do): access tax records on AA bank/tax page

What happened (describe thoroughly please): page delivers "There are no tax records to display."

Link to page: https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=913&display=banktaxes

Any other relevant information: normally we don't tax people so wouldn't have noticed if this was an issue previously; however over the past few weeks one member has been paying tax into the bank so we are currently unable to verify the total amounts paid in with the absence of tax records

Screenshot:

898705471_ScreenShot2020-05-18at11_58_15.png.c0bf6d92b2f0869f49ddaeb5c95487da.png

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Swedge said:

Ripper (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=59307)

And that's unfortunate 😕

Are you sure they were paying alliance taxes? I have no records of that, and I'm not sure how they could have been deleted. My guess is they never paid taxes in the first place.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

13 hours ago, Alex said:

Are you sure they were paying alliance taxes? I have no records of that, and I'm not sure how they could have been deleted. My guess is they never paid taxes in the first place.

100%. I know he was paying taxes because we were transferring them out of the bank regularly (and all our transactions are otherwise just direct deposit/send so you notice tax going in when the bank is otherwise kept at zero).

Is it plausible that deleting a tax bracket could delete the records? Only thing I can think of really.

Overall not that big a deal: we can probably work out how much was paid in by going through the bank logs manually; its more just to highlight it, we run 0% tax most of the time so like I say not really a great concern but other alliances might find it more significant if there is an issue with the records.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 5/19/2020 at 1:18 PM, Swedge said:

100%. I know he was paying taxes because we were transferring them out of the bank regularly (and all our transactions are otherwise just direct deposit/send so you notice tax going in when the bank is otherwise kept at zero).

Is it plausible that deleting a tax bracket could delete the records? Only thing I can think of really.

Overall not that big a deal: we can probably work out how much was paid in by going through the bank logs manually; its more just to highlight it, we run 0% tax most of the time so like I say not really a great concern but other alliances might find it more significant if there is an issue with the records.

I just checked the code, there's nowhere that the bank records are deleted when the tax record is deleted.

No records exist; I don't know why that would be if what you say is true. Best I can figure is that there never was any taxation (at least to this alliance bank) and that you're mis-remembering something.

When were these taxes paid? This month and last?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I just checked the code, there's nowhere that the bank records are deleted when the tax record is deleted.

No records exist; I don't know why that would be if what you say is true. Best I can figure is that there never was any taxation (at least to this alliance bank) and that you're mis-remembering something.

When were these taxes paid? This month and last?

Well put it this way: I wouldn't post a bug report if I wasn't 100% sure he was being taxed. I can get Ripper himself to confirm this and multiple other commodores who were periodically transferring his taxes out of the bank. Again, we have 0% taxes otherwise + all the other transactions are direct deposit/withdraw (i.e. the bank is kept at zero) so absolutely we would notice money going in when there is no corresponding deposit.

Anyway I will speak to Ripper and get confirmation of dates he was being taxed from.

44 minutes ago, Pascal said:

>Arrgh

>Taxes

thonk

Yeah ikr.