Operation Saving Grace

Aqua-Corpsman

With the message from Queen Alice not having a response, she orders the temporary invasion to take place.

The 13th Flotilla closes in on Qingdao. Qingdao is a large city, but is not too violent. All of Rokkenjima knows that Qingdao is where Israel will collect human refugees. A minor marine force came with the crafts but most of the firepower is at sea. Little does Rokkenjima know, all of Israel is on standby to deploy and invade if needed.

With the transports landed (landing sites marked dark blue) and the ships in position (lighter blue), humans are being evacuated. Marines (~500 of them) are ordered to fight back fiercely. Ships will bombard the shore and the 1st Flotilla is sitting in the Pacific just waiting to support.

Captain Ashvik Weinberdier is leading the marines on site, he does not want to fight the Witches. He is there to get innocent lives off of the breaking nation.

invasion.PNG

rokkenjima invasion.png

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

n6g0BLl.png

With the arrival of the Israeli Flotilla in Qingdao, and the subsequent announcement of the collection of human refugees, a small fleet of Aura-class Cruisers, Corvettes, and Transport Ships that were originally destined for the southern coast of Japan changed course to the city. They had departed from the Port of Incheon hours earlier, and were led by General Esdeath herself. Upon their arrival, they formed a blockade around the Israeli vessels stationed along the coast. The fleet of Aura-class vessels still flew the flag of the Rokkenjima Armed Forces, for now.

qYp0kK6.png

Although it was one of the less violent cities to be hit by the protests, the tension among the citizens of Qingdao was still high. Sure, there were groups of people who wished to remain neutral in the conflict, but they were a large minority. Most humans who resided in Qingdao didn't wish to flee, instead focused on fighting for their rights and freedoms at home. They didn't take too kindly to a foreign military presence invading what they saw as their land. Although unarmed, the large groups of humans along the coast weren't afraid to fight back against the Israeli Marines. In fact, if it wasn't for the arrival of the Aura-class fleet at that moment, a fight would have most likely broken out between the two forces.

No one yet knew what to make of the Rokkenjiman vessels. Were they there to repel the Israeli force? What species were they affiliated with? They anxiously awaited answers to their questions as the fleet sent a message to Israeli command. "This is General Esdeath of the Rokkenjiman Navy. Your vessels are trespassing in our territorial waters. This fleet is here to gather the humans residing in Qingdao and other cities for the purpose of relocation to Human Alliance territory. We request that you cease your current activities in the region and meet us on shore for further discussion on the matter."

Edited by Eva-Beatrice

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

Captain Weinberdier is glad that they were given a message instead of just an attack, as the naval forces are ready to push back against the Rokkenjima navy and the 1st Flotilla is closing in. Weinberdier had to convince the marines and sailors to not fight yet. His response to General Esdeath follows,

"I am Captain Ashvik Weinberdier of the Israeli Royal Marines. I am leading the forces ashore and at sea. We are armed but we do not wish to engage in combat. We have landed so that any humans who wish to evacuate away from Rokkenjima may be accommodated. We will stay in Qingdao for about a week, and we will stay on shore. I will personally make sure our marines and sailors are acting in good conduct. The Israeli government, as well as the international community as a whole, considers the situation in Rokkenjima to be dangerous to the human population. 
Again, we will evacuate fleeing humans and we will depart in a week. 
That is all."

Despite this, the Captain orders sailors and marines to be on stand-by. He doesn't want a fight but he doesn't want to get surprised.

To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)

After the Israeli response was received, General Esdeath and the Jaegers boarded one of the the accompanying transport ships and departed for the docks. They stood out on deck, letting themselves be visible to the civilians along the coast. About ten minutes had passed before the ship finally docked. As they stepped off and onto shore, the humans who were on the verge of fighting with the Israelis moments prior turned their backs and hurriedly made their way toward the General's location. There wasn't one person who decided to remain with the Israeli evacuation team. Whether they were or weren't interested in evacuating was irrelevant. Everyone's interest was simply directed at the arrival of the General, and what she had to say. She waited until everyone had gathered around, holding up a megaphone to project her message loud and clear to everyone present.

tBOjoPU.png

"People of Qingdao, and to the entire human population of Rokkenjima, hear me! I know that many of you are confused, frightened, and unsure of what the future will bring. Your government has turned their backs on you, and left you to die. I know many of you who are hearing this message are fighting for your lives at this very moment. Rest assured, you are not fighting in vein. As of today, the nation of Rokkenjima is no more! It is time we take matters into our own hands, and govern ourselves the way we wish to be governed. That is why I have come here today to announce the formation of the Human Alliance!" As she proclaimed this, the flags of the Rokkenjima Armed Forces aboard the vessels were lowered, and new flags raised to take their place.

TStvkVx.png

"To every human across the country, know that you will be welcomed with open arms. Our mainland will be the territory of South Korea. If you do not have the means to make it there on your own, know that we will do our best to ensure your safety until you can. To the humans of Qingdao, and other areas along the Chinese coast, these lands will be incorporated into Human Alliance territory. I want to stress that South Korea remains the stronghold of the Human Alliance, and thus it is uncertain how long we will be able to maintain authority over these areas. Which leads me to my next point - to everyone interested in relocating to South Korea, our navy can take everyone one of you."

Esdeath glances at the Israeli vessels docked along the coast. "It would seem that the Kingdom of Israel has decided to take matters into their own hands and invade our territorial waters in the name of an evacuation attempt. I know many, if not all of you, are hesitant, to say the least, about going with them. As of this moment, I strongly advise against it. Escaping to Israel would only bring you closer to the front lines of a Communist uprising. The Human Alliance will not be attacking the Israeli forces here today, although I would like to once again insist on a meeting with their commander. We will be waiting." Upon the conclusion of her speech and cheering from the crowd, Esdeath and the Jaegers returned to their ship where they would await another Israeli response.

Edited by Eva-Beatrice

The Captain was shocked at the turn of events. Israeli Command did not know that a Human Alliance was being formed, so the Weinberdier decides it's time to go to the General. He takes a team of 6 marines and takes a small patrol boat and goes out to Esdeath's ship.

The Jaegers were standing guard inside and out of Esdeath's quarters. Upon the arrival of the Israeli Captain, they permitted him access. As he entered, Esdeath turned around, a slight smile on her face. "Welcome, Captain. Changed your mind so soon?"

0Y2lqK1.png

As the Captain walks in he grins at her mockeryesque attitude.

"Quite the contrary, ma'am. The Israeli 13th Flotilla and attached Marines are at your service. We contacted Her Majesty Queen Alice of Judea, and she authorized us to join forces with you. I will retain control of the Israeli force but we will fight by your side. The Human Alliance has the full support of the Kingdom of Israel."

Captain Weinberdier gives a snappy salute, and his marines do the same.

Edited by Corpsman

"In that case, I suggest returning to Israel where you are most needed. If you wait too long, you will be trapped in the East China Sea, and likely destroyed. It is only a matter of time before armed conflict breaks out and you are caught in the middle. The Human Alliance will handle things here. We do have a task for your fleet, however." She pauses, looking at the map. "Once the witches gather their naval forces, they will likely close off the Taiwan Strait. I have been informed that the territories of Hong Kong and Macau have declared neutrality, so they should serve as a safe haven for those who wish to evacuate. We would like to request your aid in collecting evacuees along the coast of China and Taiwan, and delivering them safely to Hong Kong and Macau. The Jaegers and I must remain here to ensure order, but we will send a couple ships of our own to assist and spread the word. If you agree, the collection of evacuees in Qingdao will begin immediately, with the departure of the fleet occurring first thing in the morning."

• Like 1

"Ma'am, I assure you we would be fine here. But if you insist on us doing evacuation, we will do so. Please inform the civilians that we are there to help them, they refuse to come aboard."

The captain gives the General a quick salute, and turns around to go rally his forces and inform the officers.

With an agreement reached, Esdeath informs the people of Qingdao of the evacuation plan, with a small number of people opting to go with the Israelis. The Israeli forces are given a list of cities to evacuate - Qingdao, Rizhao, Lianyungang, and Yancheng. Esdeath's fleet would be tasked with gathering humans that wish to be relocated to South Korea, specifically in the cities of Weifang, Yantai, and Weihai, with the vessels accompanying the Israeli fleet collecting people from Yancheng, Lianyungang, Rizhao, and Qingdao on their return trip. With the evacuation plan in place, it would commence immediately.

fZDuawY.png

The 13th Flotilla starts collecting refugees in Qingdao and then moves north...

Then the Queen sends out an urgent call for military support in Israel. Conflict is brewing between the Soviet Union and the Union of Durotar versus the Kingdom of Israel.

Captain Weinberdier radios General Esdeath,

"General,

Israel may be in grave danger. Her Majesty Queen Alice wants to know if we have your support, assuming you emerge victorious in this war."

While waiting for a response, the flotilla continues to move. Currently, they are collecting in Weihai.

The corporation landed helicopters in Singapore, playing various songs through loudspeakers to both entertain and occasionally frighten the population. A carrier docked and discussed the political future of the citystate. Singapore wisely chose to join the corporate territories, their governance was of no concern beyond being used as a base of operations for all Asian market interactions. With two nations now there it was critical to support their shipping needs from a forward position. Likewise the company withdrew from Spain, no longer any threats existing within that side of Europe. Instead the islands of the Med would be taken over through political economic and military methods. The fleet in Singapore began active electronic warfare consistently on military bands, broadcasting a message to civilian shipping to use specific channels in order to ensure their safety. The second fleet withdrew for now into the Indian ocean, AWACs and drones now observing the Malacca and South China Sea for hostiles.

A single container ship would continue onwards to Japan, aiming for Tokyo.

General Esdeath responds to the Israeli message with the following. "We are well aware you are needed back in Israel, as I stated in our earlier meeting, which is why I instructed your fleet to head south along the coast. Human Alliance vessels were tasked with the collection and relocation of people in the cities of Weifang, Yantai, and Weihai. Please adjust your course accordingly. In regards to your request for assistance in Eastern Europe, it is highly unlikely at this time that we will be in a position to deploy our forces elsewhere. We expect the conflict in Asia to last a long time, and must focus all our attention here. Although we have no official ties, the Human Alliance recommends reaching out to the Holy Britannian Empire for assistance."

Weinberdier confirms and understands. He continues the mission.

The fleet finishes in Weihai and then moves south to Rizhao. The transports are about half full, so after Rizhao they will go to Hong Kong and unload the ships.

Then the fleet will fill in Yangcheng and Lianyungang. The ships are still prepared for combat in case the witches show up

The Human Alliance vessels sent to assist in the mission pick up the civilians that the Israeli fleet can't hold, ensuring the mission can be completed in one trip. After unloading the evacuees in Hong Kong, the Israeli fleet is instructed to continue home while the Human Alliance vessels return to South Korea.

The Israeli fleet does so, but not before Weinberdier sends a medallion to Esdeath with a note. It reads,

"May Israeli relations with your nation prosper. It was a pleasure working with your forces.

Good day, General"

The Israeli fleet hauls ass back to Israel to reinforce the coast.