Black Market to Purchase Units

Viselli

I dig the concept, can’t see much room for exploitation that isn’t intended. Would make wars meme, have fun beating this guy that one of your fellow AA members accidentally sold tanks to.

• Haha 2

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

3 minutes ago, Matthew The Great said:

I dig the concept, can’t see much room for exploitation that isn’t intended. Would make wars meme, have fun beating this guy that one of your fellow AA members accidentally sold tanks to.

Yes selling troops to people would make the alliance affiliations interesting. It could lead to further CBs or some of your own allies or people in your alliance selling troops to the people you are fighting

gg-fu-banner.png

This is a terrible idea. Wars would no longer be won by strategy and grudge matches. Wars would be won by those with the deepest pockets. We're completely circumventing a huge part of the game (Day Changes) but we're also removing any form of gradual growth.

By removing such an essentially strategic part of the game and adding an essential "Pay to Win" option you've given the game another reason as to why people break game rules and have multi-farms or RWT for Cash.

While the idea is unique you'd be just giving fuel to rule breakers and promoting a sense of a "Mom's Card" play style, something that should not exist in a free-to-play game.

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

I like it but there needs to be a cap on how much can be purchased from the Black Market in a day to avoid super-rich alliances suddenly buying an entire army 20 minutes before a blitz.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

12 minutes ago, Changeup said:

I like it but there needs to be a cap on how much can be purchased from the Black Market in a day to avoid super-rich alliances suddenly buying an entire army 20 minutes before a blitz.

That is true a cap would limit the "pay to win" aspect. I didn't think it was needed as an alliance would have to coordinate buying the units at once and I assumed for an alliance the size of the top 20 there would not be enough supply for the demand. However I could be wrong. What type of cap would you suggest?

gg-fu-banner.png

1 hour ago, lightside said:

Yes

Personally I think that is too low, maybe 25-50% of your max per day. It gives incentive to blockade to stop people using the black market, and right now ships are the most useless unit in the game. 

Edited by Viselli

gg-fu-banner.png

2 hours ago, Viselli said:

Personally I think that is too low, maybe 25-50% of your max per day. It gives incentive to blockade to stop people using the black market, and right now ships are the most useless unit in the game. 

That is way way to much. It would make wars revolve around buying which doesn’t make sense. 15% is reasonable without it being op. 

1 hour ago, lightside said:

That is way way to much. It would make wars revolve around buying which doesn’t make sense. 15% is reasonable without it being op. 

You know that a player’s rebuy per day is proportional to the amount of cities and military improvements in their nation, right? A 10-city nation doesn’t have to buy as much as a 30-city nation. Also, an upper-tier nation can’t even downdeclare without selling their infra, since the ns per city doubled after the update.

40 minutes ago, AwesomeNova said:

You know that a player’s rebuy per day is proportional to the amount of cities and military improvements in their nation, right? A 10-city nation doesn’t have to buy as much as a 30-city nation. Also, an upper-tier nation can’t even downdeclare without selling their infra, since the ns per city doubled after the update.

Exactly why it would be proportional to rebuy instead of a fixed number

This would bring about a whole new kind of alliance that just supplies raiders. Like I said before, I love it.

• Like 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

5 hours ago, lightside said:

If anything it should be opposite. No nukes or missiles as buying them would be like doubling your rebuy.

You're not making sense. Doesn't purchasing your military from the black market double your rebuy as well.

I don't dislike the idea and I wouldn't get mad or smth if it was implemented, it's just that i don't think this would really improve the game much gameplay wise. I think this would just mean that people now have a bigger rebuy (assuming the amount of troops that can be bought has a cap), but not really change anything or introduce smth new. Alex only has limited resources and and I would rather see Alex use those to implement mechanics that are new and make the game more engaging, like his UN concept for example.