It is time to axe projects completely and replace them with specialization

The USA

Do you support my suggestion?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support my suggestion?

• Yes
    • No

It is stupid that we just keeping adding more and more projects to this game. Projects don't help the gameplay because everyone will have the same projects in the end. What would be better for the game is to replace projects with a technology tree, where nations have one choice in terms of whether they want to specialize in manufacturing, commerce, etc. In each branch, there will be multiple steps of improvement in which you can further build your nation's specialization. 

27 minutes ago, The USA said:

It is stupid that we just keeping adding more and more projects to this game. Projects don't help the gameplay because everyone will have the same projects in the end. What would be better for the game is to replace projects with a technology tree, where nations have one choice in terms of whether they want to specialize in manufacturing, commerce, etc. In each branch, there will be multiple steps of improvement in which you can further build your nation's specialization. 

I don't think enough people have all the projects to make this suggestion actually relevant.

I don’t see any reason to axe them. We could have an entire technology tree(which would be interesting), and have projects.

ideally eventually we will have so many projects that everyone won’t have the same ones as they are limited by slots

13 minutes ago, lightside said:

I don’t see any reason to axe them. We could have an entire technology tree(which would be interesting), and have projects.

ideally eventually we will have so many projects that everyone won’t have the same ones as they are limited by slots

I can understand the second part

44 minutes ago, lightside said:

Problem is, people will eventually determine which projects are most optimal to get, so people will end up with the same cookie-cutter project layouts. 

Look up to the sky above~

3 hours ago, Hime-sama said:

I wouldn't say "axe" them, instead, repurpose the assets to create a 'tech tree' of sorts.

This. Infact, either make the trees a bit broad so people aren't super locked in, it's still diverse, or add a primary and secondary specialty, with the secondary getting maybe 66% of it's normal buffs.

• Like 1

If a 'Tech Tree' is made, people need the option to buy the other branches as well. Nations should be allowed to specialize in everything and cover the entire tree if they have enough money. I think projects could be repurposed to a sort of final root of the tech tree. Other than that though, I think the suggestion is pretty good. Just allow people to reach everything if they are rich enough. This would be the same if we make a strategy tree as suggested in another post.