5/14/2020 - 4 New Projects, Nation Score Change, and more

Alex

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

Were you one of the 11 discord downvotes? Can't make everyone happy :D

No, so that's 12 dissatisfied people and counting. 

The projects are like lip gloss on an worn out old whore. They make it a little better, I guess, but don't substantially improve anything. Meanwhile Alex just knocked one of the foundational mechanics of his war system into oblivion. 

• Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Just now, Sisyphus said:

No, so that's 12 dissatisfied people and counting. 

The projects are like lip gloss on an worn out old whore. They make it a little better, I guess, but don't substantially improve anything. Meanwhile Alex just knocked one of the foundational mechanics of his war system into oblivion. 

145-12. I'll take it. Well one of them was Alex putting in the down-vote so others could click on it, so technically it's still at 11. I'm sorry you're so upset about this game update. If you're so invested I would recommend becoming more active in the game suggestion/discussion area. I don't see any threads of yours there on a quick check. Best of luck. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

9 hours ago, durmij said:

Why are so many people who play this game incapable of parsing criticism without dismissing it out of hand?

Because a lot of it seems less like valid structured criticism, and more like mindless whining and complaining? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

rsz_1cis_round.png.e00b0464336f194981d9de9e62c3691e.png

Well well well....What do we got here?

I've watched these forums all weekend & never saw so much butthurt.  Just stop whining so much. I know we have to use our heads more in order to think out war. Oh wait? That's a good thing! There is more to the game then an airstrike war ya know.   It is more realistic cus your actually planning on how to approach someone, how to continue an attack, or how should you strike back.  & now w/ the tanks being able to shoot down planes (adding to the realism)  it adds that there is a counterbalance to everything. Airplanes are still a formidable force that can destroy anything but know tanks can actually shoot higher into the skies to take em out.  Just use your heads & figure out a war tactics. Especially you CotL members, you guys are known for your planes (Truly since some of yall were once NP).  But it seems this update really got you guys riled! In my eyes, I admire this update cus it is a lot of what we needed with always more to come! I got three last words for the CotL sphere of the game thou.

Revolution is Coming!

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
The fact Aku reacted to Kev´s post & similar ones above makes him a true hypocrite.

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

43 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

Well well well....What do we got here?

I've watched these forums all weekend & never saw so much butthurt.  Just stop whining so much. I know we have to use our heads more in order to think out war. Oh wait? That's a good thing! There is more to the game then an airstrike war ya know.   It is more realistic cus your actually planning on how to approach someone, how to continue an attack, or how should you strike back.  & now w/ the tanks being able to shoot down planes (adding to the realism)  it adds that there is a counterbalance to everything. Airplanes are still a formidable force that can destroy anything but know tanks can actually shoot higher into the skies to take em out.  Just use your heads & figure out a war tactics. Especially you CotL members, you guys are known for your planes (Truly since some of yall were once NP).  But it seems this update really got you guys riled! In my eyes, I admire this update cus it is a lot of what we needed with always more to come! I got three last words for the CotL sphere of the game thou.

Revolution is Coming!

CAN YOU SHUT THE frick UP AND ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING RELEVANT FOR fricking ONCE?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

[snip]

You might wanna emphasize the "figuratively".
If I get in trouble for making a !@#$ joke, this is gonna get you muted for weeks.

22 minutes ago, AntMan said:

CAN YOU SHUT THE frick UP AND ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING RELEVANT FOR fricking ONCE?

lmao

Edited by Corpsman
  • Haha 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

1 minute ago, Corpsman said:

You might wanna emphasize the "figuratively".
If I get in trouble for making a !@#$ joke, this is gonna get you muted for weeks.

will edit post above

• Like 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

Most of these changes are great for the game and will change the meta in a lot of different ways, but that is not a bad thing for the game as some are suggesting. I feel there are only 2 issues with this update that were taken a little too far:

On 5/14/2020 at 3:12 PM, Alex said:

The "unraidable" money limit for nations has been increased from $100,000 -> $1,000,000

This is a little bit much and will make it unfortunate for a lot of the smaller raid nations who already get next to no loot off of it

On 5/14/2020 at 3:12 PM, Alex said:

Aircraft Killed by Tanks in a Ground Battle: 0% -> 42% (only after Ground Control has been established)

This is a little high, and as previously suggested by some it could be lowered a bit to match more closely to the tanks killed by aircraft. While it does make sense to nerf planes some, this might have been a bit harsh.

Honestly though almost everything else will either be good for the game or just change it. Don't start recreating the toxicity introduced in the last war again. The world has had enough of that, and since NPO left it has been rather quiet until now. These are all changes that have been tested as confirmed by Alex whether it be recently or 2 years ago. These are not new. Human nature is to reject change no matter what, so I get how some of you are having a hard time here, but this is no reason to go attacking Alex or anyone else. Present your case! Not with emotion or accusatory words, just with facts. Please do not turn this game back to where opinions and emotions were thrown out baseless on every single post. Let's try to understand the changes and adjust based on them rather than enflame.

tl;dr be less toxic, be friendly, and stop accusing and jumping to conclusions. I love you all!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to have in the future a way to choose city locations. Also in the future more sports options other than just baseball if possible would be great, if you do decide to add this in the future please include continent special sports like, dog sled racing for snowy areas or Antarctica. Another cool feature to add in the future would be indoor aero farms. 

• Upvote 1