5/14/2020 - 4 New Projects, Nation Score Change, and more

Alex

Can we get these changes on the test server so we can actually test how they impact gameplay? I don't want to have to wait until the next global war to find out whether it's worthwhile at all to invest in planes or not. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

Can we get these changes on the test server so we can actually test how they impact gameplay? I don't want to have to wait until the next global war to find out whether it's worthwhile at all to invest in planes or not. 

That would be smart but ya know. 

• Upvote 3

could have wars start with 5 MAPs instead of 6. 4 with fortress. keeps you from getting declared on and immediately get destroyed by the second ground attack.

• Upvote 2

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

This update pushes stuff that was disapproved of massively. Yet once again you just ignore it and do it anyway. What is the issue, what is even the point of giving a people a chance to vote? Next time, don't say anything about updates just push them through since that's what you want to do.

@Alex

Edited by Deulos
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Just for clarification, air superiority still limits the available tanks, correct?

• Like 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Sorry, I'm just curious, the % air destroyed is based on your rebuy amount? The way I read it, higher tier nations do more damage than lower ones, even with equivalent militaries. If I am fighting someone with ten cities more than me, their rebuy is higher. Thus even if we both have 10,000 tanks, if he has GC, his 10000 will kill more aircraft than my 10000 would, if I had the GC. Is that right?

No, I think you're misunderstanding. The casualty rates aren't based on your daily rebuy, that's just how I've presented them for relative comparison. There's still just a rate (subject to random variation) based on the units sent.

Your nation has 21 cities, so you can have up to 26,250 Tanks. Those tanks, if you have ground control, would destroy (on average) 131 enemy Aircraft, and a maximum of 197 Aircraft.

For a nation with 31 cities and max tanks (38,750) they would be able to destroy on average 194 Aircraft after they have ground control, and up to 291 aircraft in an attack.

The rates:

• Immense Triumph: Tanks * 0.0075
  • Moderate Success: Tanks * 0.005
  • Pyrrhic Victory: Tanks * 0.0025
  • Utter Failure: Tanks * 0
41 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

What is going to happen with cities and nations that are now over the cap on planes, coal mines, or oil wells?

I removed excess oil wells and coal mines; I'm going to just let the Aircraft be. They'll end up being destroyed or sold eventually.

27 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

These changes have been on the test server for some time now: https://test.politicsandwar.com/changelog/

3 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Just for clarification, air superiority still limits the available tanks, correct?

Yes, that is correct. Air Superiority was not changed.

15 minutes ago, AkAk said:

Welp i bought the Telecommunications Satellite project and associated upgrades in my first city but my commerce is still capped at 115%

All fixed, thanks for letting me know :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Malleator said:

"Aircraft Killed by Tanks in a Ground Battle: 0% -> 42%"
What the 

Not only does that NOT make any real life sense, but that also is incredibly unbalanced.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5vBwZvWAE90

????

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

I just bought green tech and it didn't do anything

It does stuff now!

Thanks for letting me know.

• Haha 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, NikolaP said:

^ This guy gets it.

1 hour ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

FYI Alex none of the improvement descriptions have been updated to match the changes.

Good catch, just fixed that. Thank you!

• Haha 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

I removed excess oil wells and coal mines; I'm going to just let the Aircraft be. They'll end up being destroyed or sold eventually.

I would much prefer if the planes get removed. Those who havent been maxed are at an obvious disadvantage now compared to those who are now above the capacity.

Edited by Dryad
  • Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Deulos said:

OUR FREE PROJECT SLOT IS GONE! Can you at least keep it together? Did you accidentally delete a line of code? You're unbelievable...

@Alex

NO IT'S NOT!

You have 3 Project Slots. 1 Free One, +2 for having 14,568.71 infrastructure (it rounds down, like it always has.)

More than likely you've just lost a bit of infrastructure and didn't realize it.

• Haha 4

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Azaghul said:

For green technologies: "Upkeep from resource production is reduced by 10%" 

Is this only for raw resources or does it include manufactured resources?

Should be for all things that impact that drop down menu in your revenue for resource production.

scSqPGJ.gif

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

For green technologies: "Upkeep from resource production is reduced by 10%" 

Is this only for raw resources or does it include manufactured resources?

It's for both raw and refined resource production.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

It does stuff now!

Thanks for letting me know.

The pollution dropped, but it looks like the resource upkeep is still full price

Edited by 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™

2 hours ago, Alex said:

We of course always want to take your feedback into consideration, and rest assured that we are always making updates to the game, adding content, etc. so if you’re not happy with how things are currently, they will change eventually.

You don't want our feedback. You just went ahead and did it without a care. I get you can do whatever you like with your game but what happens when people don't like it and leave? You'll have no game.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Ground Control has been changed. It no longer blocks your opponent from using 1/3 of their air force. Instead, once Ground Control has been established, all subsequent Ground Battles will destroy some of your opponent's Aircraft (based on the number of Tanks you send in battle.) This makes Ground Units somewhat of a counter to a superior air force

Why did you change ground control? Shouldn't soldiers should still get ground control as 1/3 with no tanks. This is not what anyone agreed on (this is the stuff I'm talking about ?). I know you didn't hear that from anyone because nobody suggested ground control should cease grounding a 1/3 aircraft.

Edited by Deulos
  • Upvote 1