Raw resources.

Prefontaine

In the coming months raw mining will be monitored, if it needs to be increased how should it be increased:  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should raw production be increased by which:

• A flat increase to the bonus for having max mines from a 50% bonus to a 75% bonus which is a 7.5 per day increase per city in mining at max mines.
    • A project which doubles the rate at which a specific mine produces resources. would increase from max mining per resource per city from 45 to 90 but does cost a project slot per resource amplified, like refining projects.

When the changes for the raw resources mining moves off the test server to live, each city will be able to produce 45 raws a day (besides for food/uranium). 30 for the flat rate, 15 for the 50% bonus. Over the next two months raw resource levels will be monitored, production, stockpiles, usage, etc.. If it's decided that a boost needs to be done in raw production there are two solutions being looked at.

• First is the one suggested recently which increases the bonus % from 50% to 75% for having max mines. That would increase from 45 to 52.5 per resource per day (remind, with max mines)
  • Second is a project that is similar to the bonus refinement project. These would likely have an effect which increases the mining rate of a specific raw from 0.25 per mine, per turn to 0.50 which would up the daily production of that specific raw to 60 flat rate, and 30 for the 50% bonus which makes it 90 raws per day per city. 

The first is about a 17% increase in overall production.
The second doubles it, but requires a project slot for each resource that's being doubled.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Projects benefit whales more. 
We need to target the smaller nations here instead of the whales. 
Hence why I am against the project idea. 
When small, they have a lot of important projects like the IA, PB. Buying them is more important that buying the Raws Project

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, AntMan said:

Projects benefit whales more. 
We need to target the smaller nations here instead of the whales. 
Hence why I am against the project idea. 
When small, they have a lot of important projects like the IA, PB. Buying them is more important that buying the Raws Project

PB and IA are only important if you're fighting. Not everyone plays the game the same way. Projects actually benefit small nations. Lets say Bauxite is really expensive, you buy the cheap project to double your raw production of bauxite, you now double your money made from mining from one project rather than getting a 17% increase if you're maxed on mines. If someone's building a PB and IA to fight and raid to make money then their mining is irrelevant anyway.

I'm sorry, you're just wrong. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

the top makes it so one can self supply raws when one has a manufacturing project

wich miiight lead to interaction/demand? (not that its a significant amount atm anyway)

how cheap is this project ???

im also probs gunna get annoyed with project since it gives more pplz more ways to be bad at growing ?

rawr

9 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

PB and IA are only important if you're fighting. Not everyone plays the game the same way.

The game is called Politics and War. You will fight wars at some time or the other. Better buckle up or be a Fenris.

Lets say Bauxite is really expensive, you buy the cheap project to double your raw production of bauxite, you now double your money made from mining from one project rather than getting a 17% increase if you're maxed on mines.

With more supply, the prices of raws will almost halve as well. This is the rule of Supply and Demand. So, no, you wont start making double your money. You will just make a million or two more in profits at most.

If someone's building a PB and IA to fight and raid to make money then their mining is irrelevant anyway.

A person can mine and raid at the same time. What are you even talking about?

• Upvote 1

I think the problem with adding projects for raws is that it will hurt newer nations. As the profit will remain the same for the older nations that have the project, but newer nations that don't will suffer. Which will will then stunt the growth of newer nations as building raws right now is only thing they start off competitive in.

That being said I dont think anything needs to be done to production. Supply and demand will fix itself.

• Upvote 3

@Prefontaine what is wrong with the raws rn? There aren't enough? Oh noes, whatever will happen? Maybe someone will actually start producing them finally. 

Wanna get more raws out there because everyone is too content to produce manus? Maybe you should coax Sheepy into just giving everyone 500k of every resource every month. That'll change things to be sure.

My point is, when it concerns the economics of the game, why must the status quo change? Let the free market balance things out. We don't need more raws, manus, or whatever. Let the prices be high, so people can actually have options on what they wanna do. Right now, they have tough options on whether to get the projects, infra, or more cities, instead of just having the straight and narrow path of "cities, more cities, and did someone mention cities" that existed prewar. 

This change is completely unnecessary. I love the idea of being able to native produce steel at a net positive of raws, but I daresay that defeats the point of what you wanted to achieve with this.

• Upvote 1

First, we should probably wait to see how these recent changes affect the market before trying to make any more changes that would impact it.

Second, don't lock it behind a project. Newer nations who are the primary producer of raws, should not (and probably would not)  build a project to start producing raws, it should be a universal buff. I understand the idea might be to prevent self sufficiency by locking it behind a project, but I'm sure people could make room for it, perhaps instead of getting Iron Dome, just get whatever raw project it is instead.

Look up to the sky above~

3 hours ago, Hime-sama said:

First, we should probably wait to see how these recent changes affect the market before trying to make any more changes that would impact it.

3 hours ago, Akuryo said:

This change is completely unnecessary.

On 5/14/2020 at 7:48 AM, Prefontaine said:

Over the next two months raw resource levels will be monitored, production, stockpiles, usage, etc.. If it's decided that a boost needs to be done in raw production there are two solutions being looked at.

Reading..

Reading is important.

scSqPGJ.gif

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

Reading..

Reading is important.

I think I just misworded my post, I meant that we shouldn't even be considering/proposing changes right now because they could be entirely unnecessary depending how the market settles. Also, it's likely they'll get more traction at a time if/when a change like this does become necessary.

Look up to the sky above~

46 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Reading..

Reading is important.

Speak for.l yourself and your clown shoes mate, my comment is great in that it has zero bearing on the current market or whether or not it "heals", because my comment is pointing out that you'd make said market massively shrink in demand anyway, and then be flooded by supply. So the current market is literally irrelevant to my point. I use not even 1k bauxite a day, id only need 10 bauxite mining cities lol. Out of 25.

Or in other words, you'd nuke noobs income source because I can native manu with positive raw production. Try your own thinking next time before breaking out the snark next time. ?

• Upvote 1

If anything a slight boost could work. However what makes you think people are interested in buying such projects. Most of the non whale players don't bother with producing raws. Also, everyone now just wants steel and do not produce it themselves. You have just about 15 whales producing most of the raws and manufactured for EVERYONE in Orbis.