The Cyprus Question

Aqua-Corpsman

Israeli interests in Cyprus are based off of the goal for a naval shield around Arabia and Israel. Currently Cyprus is shared by Israel and [ @Mogar's nation, let's call it Mogar].

Israel has always been skeptical with bordering nations but Queen Alice wants to strike some closer relations with Mogar in order to negotiate a settlement on the small island, as it is not good for the population to be split between 2 nations.

The IDF has kept a Home Guard garrison on the island for years, and the island is it's own Duchy. Both sides have wanted a conclusion to the border conflict between Israel and Mogar, even though it never turned violent.

Queen Alice has voiced this to her emissary, and the young staff officer was sent to the Mogar government to request an audience. Amid the pandemic, the Queen will not go herself and her staff officer is ordered to wear a mask and gloves at all times.

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mogar Corporation, stylized asMoG[Corp]® is the official name of the company's "nation", Mogatopia would be slang nomenclature.

The corporation would have several liaisons available. The virus was no threat within the corporation, travel was incredibly uncommon for the average citizen, and thorough testing made isolation far easier. All foreign goods were disinfected using as extreme methods as the product allowed. A VTOL would take the young officer to the center of Casablanca to the company's headquarters. The MoG[Tower] here was only 180 stories high, unimpressive compared to what the company could accomplish but was satisfactory for the time the world was playing.

The corporation chief of foreign affairs would meet with the liason near the top in a board room with various food and drink readily available. Mandy Alfernick was raised in Cape Town, and looked forward to her first meeting as an FA leader.

Edited by Mogar

The Emissary arrives, he is a snappy young staff officer called Peppet Yuri.

He contains his utter surprise at the huge city and beautiful architecture. Once he gets out and starts going to board room, he gets a feeling of vertigo. He laughs it off and continues into the room. He has always been afraid of heights.

Peppet enters the board room.

"Good day, Ms. I am Lieutenant Peppet Yuri, Her Majesty's personal Staff Officer. I have come to start negotiations on what we should do with Cyprus." 

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

• 1 month later...

"The corporation is willing to agree to the status quo, or even concede the Cyprus territory, but we will remain the primary power within the Mediterranean and Indian Oceans. Our company has a lengthy history and allowing the world to fight among themselves without our influence has rarely been the best option for the planet. From a foreign affairs standpoint our protection would allow for breathing room for Israel to be able to find a long term political strategy, and allow us to focus more heavily on global security rather than the local theater." Taking a swig of a glass of water already on the table, she continued, "There are far more important problems than concerning either of ourselves with an enemy so close to our borders."