Changes to Mining / New Projects

Prefontaine

Not too long ago I posted a thread linking 5 changes to the game for May, 4 projects and a change to resource mining. These threads received feedback which has been considered. Also some player discussion in the PnW discord and other conversations have been considered as well. 

Changes To Mining:

• Bauxite and Iron Mines increased form 6 mines max to 10 mines max
  • Coal and Oil Mines reduced from 12 mines to 10 mines max
  • Uranium Mines increased from 3 mines to 5 mines max

I know there was a suggestion which was strongly supported in which the bonus for having max mines should be increased from 50% to 75%. We agreed that this is a good idea. However both changes might be a bit much at once. The bonus increase will therefor be kept in the back pock and looked at over the next two months. 

New Projects:

National Recycling Initiative
Requirements:
Center for Civil Engineering Project

Cash: $10,000,000
Food: 100,000

Effect: Recycling Centers pollution reduction is increased from 70 to 75. Maximum Recycling Centers per city is increased from 3 to 4.

Green Technologies
Requirements:
City Planning Project, Space Program Project

Cash: $100,000,000
Food: 250,000
Aluminum: 10,000
Iron: 10,000
Steel: 10,000

Effect: Pollution caused from refining resources is reduced by 25%. Pollution from farms is reduced by 50%. Subways pollution reduction is increased from 45 to 70. Upkeep from resource production is reduced by 10%

Pirate Economy
Requirements:
Propaganda Bureau Project. Must have a combination of at least 50 "Wars Won" and/or "Wars Lost".

Cash: $10,000,00
Munitions: 10,000
Gas: 10,000
Steel: 10,000

Effect: Increase maximum offensive war slots from 5 to 6.

Telecommunication Satellite:
Requirements:
City Planning Project, Space Program Project, International Trade Center Project

Cash: $300,000,000
Uranium: 10,000
Iron: 10,000
Oil: 10,000

Effect: Commerce is increased in all cities by 2%. Maximum Commerce rates are increased by 10% in each city from 115% to 125%.

Some of the changes include cost reductions in resources, largely raws. TS was increased from 5% max to 10% max. GT lost bonus to mining raws but gained a bump for subways. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

It's senseless to decrease mines when we're having a raws crunch. Either increase to 75% bonus output or don't touch it at all

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

14 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Changes To Mining:

• Bauxite and Iron Mines increased form 6 mines max to 10 mines max
  • Coal and Oil Mines reduced from 12 mines to 10 mines max
  • Uranium Mines increased from 3 mines to 5 mines max

I know there was a suggestion which was strongly supported in which the bonus for having max mines should be increased from 50% to 75%. We agreed that this is a good idea. However both changes might be a bit much at once. The bonus increase will therefor be kept in the back pock and looked at over the next two months. 

Baux and iron is a plus.
Coal and oil not so much.
Uranium the real problem is, no one really produces it. 
50% to 75% is good.

2 hours ago, Tartarus said:

Baux and iron is a plus.
Coal and oil not so much.
Uranium the real problem is, no one really produces it. 
50% to 75% is good.

Depending on how things look a month or two from now with regards to raw production I can see two possible additions. One being the bump up of production bonus, the other being raw mining specific projects (1 for each) of a similar nature to the refinement projects. The production bonus is the likely first step, with the projects being a second. 

• Like 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Is there any consideration for partial refunds for destroying old projects? With the creation of these new projects, suddenly there is a premium on slots. Even a 50% return would be incredibly helpful.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Benfro said:

Is there any consideration for partial refunds for destroying old projects? With the creation of these new projects, suddenly there is a premium on slots. Even a 50% return would be incredibly helpful.

We've never done this in the past and don't intend to do so now.

I know that adding new content messes with your existing builds, and may make them suddenly suboptimal because of a change you couldn't predict. However, it's the same for everyone, and it would be a big hindrance on adding new content if we always compensated everyone everytime we did it. In the primary interest of adding more content to the game, we won't be issuing any refunds on other projects you may have built.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Come on now Benfro, if we were in still in the first 6 months of the game i would agree with you, but projects are comparatively stupid cheap nowadays.  The only ones that are even moderately expensive are the newer ones, and if you bought for instance the advanced city planning, you arent going to decom that one.

Quit being cheap.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Come on now Benfro, if we were in still in the first 6 months of the game i would agree with you, but projects are comparatively stupid cheap nowadays.  The only ones that are even moderately expensive are the newer ones, and if you bought for instance the advanced city planning, you arent going to decom that one.

Quit being cheap.

sign  

This is coming from a wealthy man with a big nation. Most common folk are below the top 1000 & are less than 2000 score ya know.  Only half of them are truly decent prices while the rest take a while to save for due to being over $10 mil & over 1000 of the other rss.  Plus getting those manufactured, mined, & farmed rss is a lot harder for the past month due to our recent game-wide crisis. It takes time to gather them together through nation revenue growth & trading which would be more money down the drain which calls for more time to save. Then take in most bigger nations are quite fond of their surplus that they do not want to share much with others. For someone claiming to know a bunch ya sure are heavily biased & need correcting quite a bit.

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

3 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

sign  

This is coming from a wealthy man with a big nation. Most common folk are below the top 1000 & are less than 2000 score ya know.  Only half of them are truly decent prices while the rest take a while to save for due to being over $10 mil & over 1000 of the other rss.  Plus getting those manufactured, mined, & farmed rss is a lot harder for the past month due to our recent game-wide crisis. It takes time to gather them together through nation revenue growth & trading which would be more money down the drain which calls for more time to save. Then take in most bigger nations are quite fond of their surplus that they do not want to share much with others. For someone claiming to know a bunch ya sure are heavily biased & need correcting quite a bit.

While fair I haven't been in a noob alliance in years, back in my day alliances would cover the cost of a few different projects.  This was back when alliances didn't have billions in cash and resources at their disposal like they do today.

If you cant afford to spend 750 steel, 1500 gas, and 5 million dollars to increase your alum output at around city 12-15 or your alliance can't front that for you, that's on you, or your alliance is poorly run.  Neither of which is something sheeps needs to fix. 

You aren't going to destroy the more expensive projects to make room for the new ones, you get rid of the resource manufacturing ones, which are cheap.  As for some of the more expensive projects, they are not designed for little nations sitting below 2k NS, just because something is in the game, doesn't mean you deserve or should even think about buying it.  So if you have 13 cities and are trying to buy the space program, that should be extremely difficult for you to get, because its not designed for a nation that size.

As for what you call resource hoarding or "surplus", everyone one else calls them warchests, and they are pretty damn important.  As nations grow larger, wars become more resource intensive to fight, so they need larger warchests to support themselves, if you are not in an alliance that focuses on gathering enough resources for its members to fight, maybe you should find another alliance.

FYI this is coming from a person that has been your size and much larger, which means I have perspective on little nations and much larger nations.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

While fair I haven't been in a noob alliance in years, back in my day alliances would cover the cost of a few different projects.  This was back when alliances didn't have billions in cash and resources at their disposal like they do today.

You aren't going to destroy the more expensive projects to make room for the new ones, you get rid of the resource manufacturing ones, which are cheap.  As for some of the more expensive projects, they are not designed for little nations sitting below 2k NS, just because something is in the game, doesn't mean you deserve or should even think about buying it.  So if you have 13 cities and are trying to buy the space program, that should be extremely difficult for you to get, because its not designed for a nation that size.

As for what you call resource hoarding or "surplus", everyone one else calls them warchests, and they are pretty damn important.  As nations grow larger, wars become more resource intensive to fight, so they need larger warchests to support themselves, if you are not in an alliance that focuses on gathering enough resources for its members to fight, maybe you should find another alliance.

I admit you out classed me here. I was just calling you out on not considering the younger nations & smaller nations.  On the other side what yall call a warchest is different w/ every nation. Most bigger nations have way more than 100,000 of each rss which is excessive compared to the ones who truly need it.  The fact you said yall need it for war to support yourselves truly shows it is for selfish reason. Most big nations dont war that much anyway compared to the smaller nations. Take in the those on Most Wars Won & Lost. They are mostly around 2k or less when they are warring.

So now tell me what do you need that much surplus for if all you guys do is sit mostly? Cant you have a backup plan(s) or is that too much?

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger