International Body of Nations

Alex

I really like this idea, but I think everyone should have a chance to be apart of it. Have your elected leader, and majority and minority leaders, as well as committees. When it comes to major things though, everyone has a vote. It would bring in a lot more politics!

Edited by Talin10t
  • Upvote 1

Orbis World Order (OwO)

Union of Orbis Nations (UON)

Coalition of Orbis Nations (CON)

Orbis Union (OU)

Orbis Pact (OP)

International Council for Orbis Cooperation (ICOC)

While everyone is debating names, I have ideas for gameplay.

1.) Restriction
Although I like @Changeup's idea, I am mortally afraid of a left wing uprising (I guess the right could do it too) lmao. Any former NS players that were active and didn't like getting destroyed would agree, we would not join this unless some barriers (like a constitution of some sort) was put into place. Even Max Barry joked about how the left took over the game so quick. Not even by numbers exactly, but they were the ones that happened to get a foothold. To be fair, it seems that the right has done it on P&W...
My point is, put barriers to how far we can go with whatever it will do.

2.) Banks
I think @Alex should think about making big player banks/businesses (Maybe a net worth of 1B+?) an official entity of some sort. I see downsides but it could be really interesting. They can lobby projects for whatever this Assembly would be. 

3.) Election
Another idea of mine would be a semi-republican electoral type thing, such as NS. Every alliance would have a mandatory delegate that could be appointed or elected and they represent the alliance. Of course, if nations feel under represented then they leave and join a more democratic alliance. But some would like an authoritarian alliance with an appointed delegate. These said delegates vote for proposals and have more voting power than everyone else. Everyone else can still vote, but it is like 5% of the delegate's. Those without a alliance would have a different (or no) vote. But I do realize that this is kinda what caused the uprising in NS. A way to fix that, every alliance above 5 members has a delegate of equal power. Every alliance would be equally represented, but the bigger alliances would still have more power just be sheer numbers. Still some issue with it, but the restriction should balance that out.

3.A) Election, but simplier.
1-9 cities =1 vote
10-19 cities = 2 votes
20-29 cities = 3 votes
etc.
This way bigger nations do have some more power, but smaller nations are still represented well.

4.) Proposals
Every nation will be able to submit proposals to this assembly, and if it gets, let's say, 20 approvals from delegates than it moves to voting. These approvals are not if the delegate likes the idea or not, but just so we don't have stupid proposals. That way only actual proposals will get to voting. That way we don't waste our time with one-liners and such.

5.) Moderation
If you want to get rid of delegates deciding what goes to vote or doesn't, then a new team of moderators might need to be brought in. They would approve or deny proposals so that, again, we don't waste our time with worthless proposals.

6.) Rules
Similar to restriction, there should be rules to how our proposals are written. They should look professional and look like an actual governmental proposal. If it doesn't meet this standard then it should not be approved. They should not spread hate or malice, and they should be only focused on one topic. If it doesn't, then it shouldn't be approved.
Rules like this would keep it a nice thing that everyone would want to partake in, and not be a boring waste of time.

7.) Authority
Some sort of Peacekeeping Force of the top 50 alliances or so would be tasked with carrying proposals out forcefully. If one of the top 50 alliances is affected then the others are tasked to make that alliance follow the proposal or, of course, leave the Assembly. This would be very interesting, and would make every proposal change the game not only literally but it could also set a chain of events that causes Global Wars. Which are always fun.

I could do more but I need food. Enjoyyyy. Criticism is welcome.

Edited by Corpsman

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

Guest Epi
23 minutes ago, Corpsman said:

1.) Restriction
Although I like @Changeup's idea, I am mortally afraid of a left wing uprising (I guess the right could do it too) lmao. Any former NS players that were active and didn't like getting destroyed would agree, we would not join this unless some barriers (like a constitution of some sort) was put into place. Even Max Barry joked about how the left took over the game so quick. Not even by numbers exactly, but they were the ones that happened to get a foothold. To be fair, it seems that the right has done it on P&W...

2.) Banks
I think @Alex should think about making big player banks/businesses (Maybe a net worth of 1B+?) an official entity of some sort. I see downsides but it could be really interesting. They can lobby projects for whatever this Assembly would be. 

3.) Election
Another idea of mine would be a semi-republican electoral type thing, such as NS. Every alliance would have a mandatory delegate that could be appointed or elected and they represent the alliance. Of course, if nations feel under represented then they leave and join a more democratic alliance. But some would like an authoritarian alliance with an appointed delegate. These said delegates vote for proposals and have more voting power than everyone else. Everyone else can still vote, but it is like 5% of the delegate's. Those without a alliance would have a different (or no) vote. But I do realize that this is kinda what caused the uprising in NS. A way to fix that, every alliance above 5 members has a delegate of equal power. Every alliance would be equally represented, but the bigger alliances would still have more power just be sheer numbers. Still some issue with it, but the restriction should balance that out.

1-9 cities =1 vote
10-19 cities = 2 votes
20-29 cities = 3 votes
etc.
This way bigger nations do have some more power, but smaller nations are still represented well.

4.) Proposals
Every nation will be able to submit proposals to this assembly, and if it gets, let's say, 20 approvals from delegates than it moves to voting. These approvals are not if the delegate likes the idea or not, but just so we don't have stupid proposals. That way only actual proposals will get to voting. That way we don't waste our time with one-liners and such.

5.) Moderation
If you want to get rid of delegates deciding what goes to vote or doesn't, then a new team of moderators might need to be brought in. They would approve or deny proposals so that, again, we don't waste our time with worthless proposals.

6.) Rules
Similar to restriction, there should be rules to how our proposals are written. They should look professional and look like an actual governmental proposal. If it doesn't meet this standard then it should not be approved. They should not spread hate or malice, and they should be only focused on one topic. If it doesn't, then it shouldn't be approved.
Rules like this would keep it a nice thing that everyone would want to partake in, and not be a boring waste of time.

7.) Authority
Some sort of Peacekeeping Force of the top 50 alliances or so would be tasked with carrying proposals out forcefully. If one of the top 50 alliances is affected then the others are tasked to make that alliance follow the proposal or, of course, leave the Assembly. This would be very interesting, and would make every proposal change the game not only literally but it could also set a chain of events that causes Global Wars. Which are always fun.

Just like the free market a lot of that will take care of itself or is responsible for the community to manage. Alliances will already organize themselves accordingly as well. Some will be pure dictatorships and vote for whichever policies benefit them most or suit their theme, whereas others like us might actually select individuals as 'senators' to act as chief whips, motivating and discussing things with voters.

Cities should be weighted in voting power, this is a 100% must. Otherwise these whale alliances are gonna get nerfed into the ground or you'll have spam like GPWC.

40 minutes ago, Epi said:

Just like the free market a lot of that will take care of itself or is responsible for the community to manage. Alliances will already organize themselves accordingly as well. Some will be pure dictatorships and vote for whichever policies benefit them most or suit their theme, whereas others like us might actually select individuals as 'senators' to act as chief whips, motivating and discussing things with voters.

Cities should be weighted in voting power, this is a 100% must. Otherwise these whale alliances are gonna get nerfed into the ground or you'll have spam like GPWC.

Ye I agree

To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)

3 hours ago, Bird Shorten said:

The Fifth International

?

4 hours ago, Epi said:

I think this is important to keep in mind. 
We do not want to encourage nationspam.
Though I think making it score based has its merits too, in that case both econ (cities & Infra), long term big projects (Projects) and well militarized nations (Militairy score) will have more "votes". In my humble opinion this would make it more realistic, a country with 500 Nukes (even in real life) has a lot of pressing power. This might also encourage (depending how well the organ functions and how much influence it has) nations to have more militairy during peace times, a kind of money sink, something that might maybe slightly change the Meta. 

• Upvote 1

image.png.54f1600ee7a5a990d86d179fd57bb038.png

It seems the fall of Goons was not the fall of P&W communism. For shame.

And again, ?.

Please, I beg of you Alex, don't name the assembly after a revolutionary communist organization. Pretty please?

14 minutes ago, Corpsman said:

And again, ?.

Please, I beg of you Alex, don't name the assembly after a revolutionary communist organization. Pretty please?

Hi

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Bureau of Unified, Robust, Respected International Traders for Orbis Society

Multinational Assembly of Nations for Happiness and Worldwide Advancement

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

unknown_3_1_65.png

8 minutes ago, Redarmy said:

Hi

You are a special exception

1 minute ago, Changeup said:

No. Either MANHWA or BURRITOS.

But...but......

I don't think the name matter as much as the implications of said body of nations/alliances. What is purpose? What happens to nations/alliances that don't join? What are the benefits of joining? Why do they vote on? I think if we know what we point of this is would drive the name. I am sure someone hell of a lot smarter than me could articular my comments better. 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

The Watchdog Accord

The Overworld Pact

Affinity of the Beholder

Titan's Eye Initiative 

Union of Fallen Angels

Federation Warforged

Overseers of Mountania

This is Firwof's Collection of Idea's

Am I the only one thinking outside the box?

12 hours ago, Tim Armstrong said:

Cooperative Leadership and Educational Access Republic (CLEAR)

Nvrmin Im not but we need more out of box ideas. Y'all are sounding like a song on repeat as well as a bunch of anagrams w/ ur ideas tbh. 

6 hours ago, Corpsman said:

1.) Restriction

2.) Banks

3.) Election

1-9 cities =1 vote
10-19 cities = 2 votes
20-29 cities = 3 votes
etc.

4.) Proposals

5.) Moderation

6.) Rules

7.) Authority

This is the best & most outstanding contribution yet! I applaude you Corps!

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
The ideas from Aku & Changeup are Cheesy
  • Like 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

2 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

This is the best & most outstanding contribution yet! I applaude you Corps!

You give me too much credit. Most of that was me repeating what has already been discussed, or taking popular ideas and putting them into words.

Just now, Corpsman said:

You give me too much credit. Most of that was me repeating what has already been discussed, or taking popular ideas and putting them into words.

Well is was a well thought idea my dude!

• Thanks 1

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

1 hour ago, Corpsman said:

And again, ?.

I mean, he said it'll be decided by upvotes. 

Pretty please, no democracy Alex, pretty please. 

Just now, Soviet States said:

I mean, he said it'll be decided by upvotes. 

Pretty please, no democracy Alex, pretty please. 

Exactly why we need restrictions.
Anyway, if I rallied Anti-Goons I am sure we could come up with some edgy name to call it. Minesometopia would probably get a lot of votes. No, that should not happen.
Also, who was saying it was going to be a democracy in the first place?

Just now, Changeup said:

image.png.f93964bb48df5f9263a62967001fc206.png
Akuryo's idea isn't cheesy at all. I guess you're right about Burritos, though. 

Akuryo is cheesy. They are just a big, adorable, cheese wheel that we all know and love.
Change my mind.

Socialist Democracy would be the best tbf.  Best of both worlds really.  Lots of Political Freedoms with a bunch of Civil control which is highly needed!

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
Aku & Changeup are still cheese & we def "Love them"

• Alex locked this topic