Hey I´m new ^^

Hey Hey I´m Leo (Discord: IIAN) and I was very interested in playing here and I'm just a little overwhelmed but I'm trying to find my way somehow but I'm happy to be here.
(And I'm German ...... hmm yes)

My state is a Constitutional monarchy and the name is "United Duchy of Oberberg"

I could use some help ^^

• Like 4

Join an alliance that knows what they're doing. Any of the top 4 alliances are good picks, there's several good ones in the top 30. Much less beyond that.

p.s. welcome to the game

Edited by Hime-sama
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

22 hours ago, Leo von Kaisa - Karo said:

Hey Hey I´m Leo (Discord: IIAN) and I was very interested in playing here and I'm just a little overwhelmed but I'm trying to find my way somehow but I'm happy to be here.

My state is a Constitutional monarchy and the name is "United Duchy of Oberberg"

I could use some help ^^

Hi Leo! Welcome to the game :) You can always feel free to stop by our discord server or our forums if you need some help figuring things out.

BrOQBND.jpg

On 5/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, Leo von Kaisa - Karo said:

I could use some help ^^

I welcome you Leo with arms wide open if you need anything kind sir. 

If you need anything dont be afraid to ask & I am always willing to help allies, friends, & newbs alike.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, Hime-sama said:

Join an alliance that knows what they're doing. Any of the top 4 alliances are good picks, there's several good ones in the top 30. Much less beyond that.

p.s. welcome to the game

There actually are some below the top 50 that are great starter's. BoC, Typhon, KT, Yakuza, NWSRFE, TE, & Bushrangers are some examples.

Anything in Fark or Cam sphere to is great starters too.

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

On 5/4/2020 at 7:03 AM, Firwof Kromwell said:

There actually are some below the top 50 that are great starter's. BoC, Typhon, KT, Yakuza, NWSRFE, TE, & Bushrangers are some examples.

Anything in Fark or Cam sphere to is great starters too.

Literally none of those are good alliances for new players to start in, KT is trash as they'll be the first to tell you :P

Just never go below a top 30 when starting out, even if you ultimately move on to become a bigger fish in a smaller pond you are absolutely going to need the foundation that only well-established and successful alliances can possibly provide. That way, you'll be knowledgeable enough to make your small alliance competitive.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

snip

See, I was gonna tell him, but I really didn't want to derail this guy's welcome thread.

• Haha 1

Look up to the sky above~

11 hours ago, Hime-sama said:

See, I was gonna tell him, but I really didn't want to derail this guy's welcome thread.

Good point. Let's leave Scafyś ignorance alone

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

22 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Literally none of those are good alliances for new players to start in, KT is trash as they'll be the first to tell you :P

Just never go below a top 30 when starting out, even if you ultimately move on to become a bigger fish in a smaller pond you are absolutely going to need the foundation that only well-established and successful alliances can possibly provide. That way, you'll be knowledgeable enough to make your small alliance competitive.

This is untrue, and terrible advice.

As someone who's played the game for 4+ years, and been in a bunch, let me tell you what to look for.

1. Find any alliance you like, ones that invite you to them are the best, however *majority* of alliances will accept you, even if you're not in their requirements, simply if you show effort and determination. 

2. Join that alliance's discord, or chat equivalent(forums, irc, Skype, etc) and just talk to them in their general chat for about 12-24 hours. Ignore that join an alliance in the first few hours, you have 2 weeks to decide what is the best fit for you, as you'll be sending all your time that you play this game with those people.

3. After talking and feeling out several alliances, figure out which benefits and packages work for you the best, if you want to control your own nation, going to a BIGGER alliance is usually detrimental to that, as they usually are competing very heavily, and have several rivals, which means that while the communities may be good, you may be subject to higher levels of taxation and other things, keep that in mind before you apply.

4. Do you want to learn, or do you want to teach yourself? Most alliances have guides, and most guides are around the same, while you may get a slight advantage in one alliance over the other, the notion that leaving the top 30 will mean you're behind is misguided. You can learn a lot in different alliances, its all about your skillset and what you want to do.

5. Government, if you want to lead, go to smaller alliances, its vastly easier to get a position in smaller ones, and it helps you learn the game a lot faster, imo. Big alliances usually won't give you gov, but will give you work within the departments, both work to teach you, as I've said, simply up to you.

TLDR; Big alliances-your hands off, their hands on. Smaller Alliances- Your hands on, their hands off(mostly)

• Like 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

• 2 weeks later...