Allow alliances the ability to set tariffs

The USA

Do you support my suggestion  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support my suggestion

• Yes
    • No

Alliance leaders should have the ability to place a tariff on certain other alliances or nations in order to discourage trading with them. The tariff will work when you try to by from an alliance that has a tariff set by your own alliance, you have to pay a small fee that goes back to your own alliance bank. Alliance leaders should also have the ability to sanction other alliances or members.

• Upvote 6

I generally agree that this would be an awesome feature. Unlike embargos set by alliances against other alliances however, I think implementing tariffs might be a bit difficult regarding programming and calculating.

• Like 1

I think how it'd need to work is when buy/selling, it would add the tariff to the price listed. E.g. let's say you are selling food for 100ppu, and your alliance has a 10% tariff with alliance X. A nation from alliance X would see it listed at 110ppu. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 6:41 AM, lightside said:

I would say no to this. Alliances don’t need more control over their members.  

This game is centered around alliances however. 

i have thought slightly more about this and defs prefer it to alliances setting embargos

lets say it addds max like 2-5 ppu or sumthing so its not like egregious cashflow for an alliance (ppu added depends on resource maybe? like food 1 ppu matters alot more than steel etc)

but is enough to be like ok fine ill buy from the next best offer for the individual

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr

• 2 weeks later...