Honest Feedback

Noobalicious

"You cannot delete your nation if it is less than 3 days old. You can't abandon your people (so soon)!"

"You have sent a trade offer in the last 3 days and won't be able to delete your nation until you've had 3 consecutive days without using the market."

This game is already too slow-paced enough as it is to not allow players to restart their nations without waiting days upon days over nonsense. Who gives a damn if I'm less than three days old? Who gives a damn if I've used the market recently. Is that somehow affecting the game to where I should be forced to keep my nation? No, it isn't. This is trolling.

Also, I find that the game is extremely slow-paced, almost to the point that this isn't even a game. You log in, spend like five minutes managing your stuff, then log back out and wait hours until you can do it again. I've almost forgotten that the game existed while waiting for "turns". This is even worse than those energy refill games. Because, at least with them, energy refills every 10 minutes or so.

• Like 1

That's kind of the point of this kind of game... It's something you play over the scale of months and mess up with the rest of the community while waiting for something to happen (usually when everyone is confident enough to start warring). That's the major part of it, getting into an alliance and be active in your small circle of player among many other circles.

I understand a game with this pace is not exactly for everyone, though. Can't blame you there.

UedhRvY.png

The limitation on deleting your nation in the first three days or in the three days after your last trade is in place to hinder evasion of the rules against cheating. If you want to start over, that's fine, but you can't give all your stuff to someone else and start over immediately.

• Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

• Administrators

This game is already too slow-paced enough as it is to not allow players to restart their nations without waiting days upon days over nonsense. Who gives a damn if I'm less than three days old? Who gives a damn if I've used the market recently. Is that somehow affecting the game to where I should be forced to keep my nation? No, it isn't.

Yes, it is. Many, many nations have attempted to cheat by creating additional nations, sending all their starting money and resources to their main nation, deleting their secondary nation, creating a new one, and repeating. It's pretty important that we prevent this from happening, otherwise the game would not be fair for everyone.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

To prevent spamming and cheating, Sheepy decided to solve that by taking that you need to be 3 day old (still on beige) before you will put the money, wait 3 days, delete the nation, create another one and build stuff.

This game is slow-paced, but there is a thing called ''Speed-Round'', where every turn takes 30 minutes. Also, *ALL* of MMOs, online games aren't fast-paced. For instance, you can't beat League of Legends on 1 day, so you can't on Politics & War. Or, in time-based turn games, such as Politics & War, aren't same as original turn-based games, such as Civilization V.

However if you hate slow-paced games, this game is hardly for you.

EDIT: How is this trolling? I don't understand.

Edited by Nathan I

ka4k09.jpg

Yes, it is. Many, many nations have attempted to cheat by creating additional nations, sending all their starting money and resources to their main nation, deleting their secondary nation, creating a new one, and repeating. It's pretty important that we prevent this from happening, otherwise the game would not be fair for everyone.

So, punish the entire bunch because of some bad apples? That's not fair, either. Why not just ban the players who are doing this? Can't IPs and things be checked? I simply wanted to mess around for a bit and then delete my nation and play seriously, but I couldn't even do so with the current system unless I wanted to wait almost an entire week, which is extremely annoying. I understand that most people don't even wanna delete their nation in the first place, but some of us do.

@Slow-paced comments: I understand that this type of game is slower than others, but this is REALLY slow. We can literally put in less than 30 minutes and be done for the entire day. It'd be nice if there were more things to do. And this "speed-round" thing sounds cool, but I didn't see it.

Actually that's the most amazing thing about this game, you don't have to sit hours on your pc, 
The slow pace allows the people who have a "life" to play without wasting a lot of precious times,
And this is a "Nation Sim" which means you have a virtual nation to lead, and you can't expect a country to grow into a superpower in one day,
Plus the actual fun of such games exists in things like joining alliances, setting up trade relations, raising an army and going to war, diplomacy etc.
And if you want some real time action, why don't you play CoD or something like that? 

I've never played a game this style that is any faster paced. I actually think this game is more complex than many and allows you to get more involved and spend longer per day on your nation than some others

It really is, Cybernations is a 5-10 min game. This is like 30-60.

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

So, punish the entire bunch because of some bad apples? That's not fair, either. Why not just ban the players who are doing this? Can't IPs and things be checked? I simply wanted to mess around for a bit and then delete my nation and play seriously, but I couldn't even do so with the current system unless I wanted to wait almost an entire week, which is extremely annoying. I understand that most people don't even wanna delete their nation in the first place, but some of us do.

@Slow-paced comments: I understand that this type of game is slower than others, but this is REALLY slow. We can literally put in less than 30 minutes and be done for the entire day. It'd be nice if there were more things to do. And this "speed-round" thing sounds cool, but I didn't see it.

As others have said, the game is supposed to be something you don't spend hours on every day. The speed round was a period of time before the official release where we did some accelerated testing - we had turns every 10 minutes, which made things a little more exciting and fast paced. It was pretty popular for the first week or so, but after that activity really fell off. In the future, I'd like to have a separate server that would be a permanent speed round, which would reset every 2 weeks or so.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link