Changes to Spying

Majima Goro

1 minute ago, dtc justice said:

Except there is also the part of the code where you fail to kill spies but you're undetected, and that happens a fair bit on targets that are above 0.

I don't see why Alex is saying you always lose spies when you fail an op, that's far from the truth.

I am aware of that too 
But I've done 4 to 5 consecutive ops with me losing spies.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AntMan said:

I am aware of that too 
But I've done 4 to 5 consecutive ops with me losing spies.

Then the test server spy code has a bug in it, or sheepy has over looked something and is unaware of it. I can pull up many examples of an unsuccessful spy op with 0 casualties, whether it's spying Intel, spies, planes etc.

7 minutes ago, dtc justice said:

Then the test server spy code has a bug in it, or sheepy has over looked something and is unaware of it. I can pull up many examples of an unsuccessful spy op with 0 casualties, whether it's spying Intel, spies, planes etc.

I am not saying you are wrong. But this has happened to me on test as well as live server.
I would like to test this more on the live server. But without unlimited spies or unlimited money, this is impossible to test it a fair bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My only concern with implementing changes to fix this "bug" is that that's going to further strengthen offensive spying, which is something which in my opinion needs balancing in the other direction.

Edited by Rossiya

How about just not trying to kill spies when your opponent has none to kill? Just sayin'

• Upvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

• Administrators

There are two factors in espionage operations:

Success / Failure

Caught / Not Caught

If you attempt an espionage operation to kill spies of someone who has 0 spies (same if you try to destroy someone's last missile or nuke that they created that day) you have a 100% chance of Failure, and very high chance of being caught (anywhere from 60%-100% chance of being caught, depending on your odds of succeeding the operation in the first place.)

You always lose spies if you're caught in the operation, so I was incorrect when I stated before that you always lose spies when you fail an operation.

In this particular instance though (killing spies of someone who has no spies) you are very likely to both Fail and be Caught.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

23 hours ago, Alex said:

There are two factors in espionage operations:

Success / Failure

Caught / Not Caught

If you attempt an espionage operation to kill spies of someone who has 0 spies (same if you try to destroy someone's last missile or nuke that they created that day) you have a 100% chance of Failure, and very high chance of being caught (anywhere from 60%-100% chance of being caught, depending on your odds of succeeding the operation in the first place.)

You always lose spies if you're caught in the operation, so I was incorrect when I stated before that you always lose spies when you fail an operation.

In this particular instance though (killing spies of someone who has no spies) you are very likely to both Fail and be Caught.

Technically, if your enemy has low spies and you use 1 spy to do an Intel, and you fail the intel and get detected, you usually lose 0.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dtc justice said:

Technically, if your enemy has low spies and you use 1 spy to do an Intel, and you fail the intel and get detected, you usually lose 0.

The number of spies you lose in a failed op is generally 10% from experience.

Hence 10% of 1 is 0.1, rounded to 0

Basically, if you use less than 5 spies, you have low chances of losing spies

So this is the smart AntMan that MC was talking about. Wish I'd see this more man often...

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine going to someone's country to kill spies that have none, and then you are mad you got caught my the military or police sneaking about government buildings.

But it should have a higher chance of just escaping instead of straight up dying.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.