May changes consolidation thread.

Prefontaine

13 minutes ago, Borg said:

I think it might be worth increasing the number of slots new players have, so they are able to take advantage of the new projects. 

Probably by +1 like before. 

Janny Larpers

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Borg said:

I think it might be worth increasing the number of slots new players have, so they are able to take advantage of the new projects. 

With the new tutorial walking through players building their first 10 cities, I think this will be a non-issue once that's live.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

6 minutes ago, dtc justice said:

Also oil currently having 12 slots, if you reduce it to 10 there will be a massive deficit to produce gas + oil on the same nation. Oil is one of the largest resource drains with space+spy projects costing 30k combined, if you reduce the maximum production of oil, you will further drive the supply down and increase the cost ..which is already stable at 5k ppu.

I believe a possible way to fix this is to increase the production formula for raws. If you do the math....even with bauxite at 5k ppu and alum at 3600 ppu, it is still give or take double to profit per slot to produce the alum instead of the bauxite. I believe that is a mechanic issue more than anything.

It's easy to changes values in a way that a max of 10 wells/mines produces the same amount as previously 12. 

Imo, i still like the old idea more with removing building caps. Each mine or refinery can simply add 5-10% production bonus without cap, but decreasing bonus efficiency (like having multiple treasures).

4 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

There are several new projects and a change to raw resource production up for discussion. Please use the appropriate thread to discuss the individual idea. Depending on feedback/tweaking, with the conversation I had with Alex this morning the hope is to have these on the test server next month.

Why do you only get to have a conversation with Alex? I want a conversation too??

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtc justice said:

CP, ACP, space, and spy projects all take a massive toll on the global supply of resources, particularly raws. If you have looked at the supply charts, the raws have been in a massive decline while the manuf charts have barely gone up (except alum, everyone's producing that).

These new proposed projects put a harder strain on the resource supply, and changing the raw production amounts doesn't help balance stuff because it makes it harder for smaller nations to get the +50% max bonus. For bauxite you are reducing the efficiency for example. 

I second this. The four new project were implemented as rss sinks to raise price, and with the collapse of NPO and its allies, it did that well, too well in fact. With how beneficial these projects are, people are buying up rss and burning them to get these projects. Combine that with the lack of rss producers and you get ridiculously high prices and rss shortages. The proposed project and their high rss costs would exacerbate it (except maybe the Recycling Initiative Project), and the decrease in raw rss mine max would, too, if there isn’t something to counteract the loss of rss production.

• Like 2

I like the idea of having some projects exclude others from being built, as this will lead to more interesting specialization. Perhaps this should be extended to making other types of satellite projects that are excluded by having another. I think some of these have too many prerequisites that would make it difficult for smaller nations to get some of these projects, even if they have additional slots. For example, the prerequisites for the city planning projects do not seem necessary and will only provide a greater hurdle to small nations. Instead of more prerequisites, there should be more projects that exclude one another. This way big nations will not simply get all of them and will have to make decisions on which projects are best.

16 hours ago, Rossiya said:

All these with the exception of the raw resource improvements disproportionately benefit whales. Again.

Uh, no? They don't? Is your understanding of this game literally as bad as Alex's?

First of all the pollution projects are literally an either or, and one is specifically meant for smaller nation's.

Secondly, the extra war slot doesn't help anyone but pirates, of all sizes, since nobody else with any sanity or a decent milcom department will have even 5 offensives at once let alone 6. 

Furthermore, most of the projects released in recent memory are actually geared towards newer nation's. The only exception being moon landing and such, which is mostly useless and just a resource sink. 

Infact this was so heavily the case that, had you any self awareness at all or paid any actual attention to anything, you'd have noticed in some threads people actually getting annoyed that everything coming out was focused on new players. The endgame content in this game is non-existent, and the things being added aren't going to change the new player turnover, on top of this any new player that doesn't go immediately inactive and tries to make an informed decision on alliance choice will be perfectly fine.

NPO is gone hun, the whale Boogeyman narrative went with it, grow some sense and leave it in their grave.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Uh, no? They don't? Is your understanding of this game literally as bad as Alex's?

First of all the pollution projects are literally an either or, and one is specifically meant for smaller nation's.

Secondly, the extra war slot doesn't help anyone but pirates, of all sizes, since nobody else with any sanity or a decent milcom department will have even 5 offensives at once let alone 6. 

Furthermore, most of the projects released in recent memory are actually geared towards newer nation's. The only exception being moon landing and such, which is mostly useless and just a resource sink. 

Infact this was so heavily the case that, had you any self awareness at all or paid any actual attention to anything, you'd have noticed in some threads people actually getting annoyed that everything coming out was focused on new players. The endgame content in this game is non-existent, and the things being added aren't going to change the new player turnover, on top of this any new player that doesn't go immediately inactive and tries to make an informed decision on alliance choice will be perfectly fine.

NPO is gone hun, the whale Boogeyman narrative went with it, grow some sense and leave it in their grave.

If you don't have anything more than complaints then be gone Thawt!

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
additions
  • Haha 2

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

Rossiya straight up got flamed for no reason lmao. Not really sure about the other projects, but the pollution related projects are certainly geared for the higher tier players (I wouldn't say whales, but certainly not small nations either) since that's when pollution does have its impact.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

As a whale I approve of all these changes, mean's more mines, more man u, more econ. sounds like a win win for the whales.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:44 PM, Akuryo said:

I disagree, they pretty much all benefit whales except the pirate one. The fact that most current projects linked to these means you have to have other projects pretty much locks in that whales will be the only ones who go for them.

atm, I don't see a massive draw back at running high infra builds for whales and these projects imo just boost the incentive to do it. From a glance all this will do is allow whales to produce more resources and cheaper than the lower/mid tiers.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Recycling Initiative Project & Green Technologies Project

Why would anyone even buy the recycling center initiative if it locks out the ability to buy the green tech project?

The green tech project is objectively better. Might as well just scrap the recycling center one altogether.

Pirate Economy

"Must have at least 50 "Wars Won" and "Wars Lost" combined."

Why? This requirement seems arbitrary. 

Also the cost for this project should be considerably higher given the tactical advantage it provides.

Telecommunications

This should increase the cap by 1 for stadiums, malls and banks, instead of giving a 2% bonus.

Ever since Alex screwed with the slot requirements in the old econ update  Commerce has not been very competitive against resources. This is doubly true under the current market. Increasing the cap of these would reduce slot usage which would be a far more valuable boon than a 2% boost for the cost and make the extra 5% cap worth reaching.

Change to Raw resource mining maximums

Unless you also intend to equalize input and output of refined resources I don't see any purpose to this change other than arbitrarily messing with the market. Which past changes would indicate should be avoided at all costs.

• Upvote 6

XLL3z4T.gif

8 hours ago, Sketchy said:

snip

Recycling Center Initiative could be good for mid-tier nations that double manufacture, and since the Green Tech project requires Space Program (which is pretty expensive, likely owned by a small percent of mid-tier nations and by a high percent of high-tier and whales), it can make the alternative pretty enticing.

Agree with everything else.

Edit: Just to add on about changing raw caps, I think the variations in capacity for raws allows for unique city building rather than seeing everyone with the same cookie-cutter builds.

Edited by Hime-sama
  • Like 1

Look up to the sky above~

10 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

guys what really we need is water to be added to the game

I mean, could be cool. Imagine if we need food and water and water is obtained by rivers, lakes, ocean and such. It would make you want to expand your land area on map more.

Speaking of which, that also could be cool. If the map actually had a purpose imagine what could be done.

• Upvote 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

2 minutes ago, Corpsman said:

I mean, could be cool. Imagine if we need food and water and water is obtained by rivers, lakes, ocean and such. It would make you want to expand your land area on map more.

Speaking of which, that also could be cool. If the map actually had a purpose imagine what could be done.

i proposed this 3 times to alex via suggestions he rejected it and ignored the 30-40 upvotes each post had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MinesomeMC said:

i proposed this 3 times to alex via suggestions he rejected it and ignored the 30-40 upvotes each post had.

Ah, he has been ignoring a lot.

• Upvote 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.