Give alliances the ability to have their own currency and print money.

The USA

Do you support my suggestion?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support my suggestion?

• Yes
    • No

One of the most ridiculous things is that one of the most important powers of nations in the real world, printing money, is not in the game. Each alliance should be allowed to have their own currency and have a central bank that can print money. The cost of purchasing cities, projects, and military equipment would be based on the value of the alliance's currency. That way, inflation and deflation could be a part of the game, which makes it more interesting.

I don't think this would complicate the game since it would be just something controlled by an alliance and not by the individual nations. It certainly isn't complicated in the real world for the average person.

Edited by The USA

24 minutes ago, The USA said:

I don't think this would complicate the game since it would be just something controlled by an alliance and not by the individual nations. It certainly isn't complicated in the real world for the average person.

You are correct in the fact that it isnt complicated, but only until you have to exchange currency. 

Regardless, just like the dollar, there would be a main currency, and things go back to the status quo. 

To sum it up, it's a horrible idea.

• Upvote 1

I think it's good you are thinking of unique ideas, and this definitely is one, however I think it wouldn't quite fit into the global market as well as war mechanics such as looting. How would currencies convert? What about new nations who aren't in alliances? Etc. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2020 at 5:37 AM, The USA said:

One of the most ridiculous things is that one of the most important powers of nations in the real world, printing money, is not in the game. Each alliance should be allowed to have their own currency and have a central bank that can print money. The cost of purchasing cities, projects, and military equipment would be based on the value of the alliance's currency. That way, inflation and deflation could be a part of the game, which makes it more interesting.

Why complicate something just for the sake of uniqueness? There's a bazillion alliances and if each started floating its own currency, you'd soon need a degree in foreign trade to understand what exactly is profitable from which alliance. Also, imagine working hard for months to save up for something and then your alliance leader does something stupid, your economy crashes and your hard earned savings are worth 3 bauxite.

Let's not complicate a game with real world mechanics understood only by experts in the field.

no this one can work as a cosmetic feature

sorta like how the political compass thing affects ones nations tax rate but it all ends up the same

admin would just code the inflation/exchange rates to always match the base value of currency we have now

also reminder that individual nations already have the ability to set their currency in game

rawr