Customizable Nation IDs

Majima Goro

I am not sure if this will be a game-breaking update or not, but as I see, only around 4,000 or the 200,000+ ids are held by active individuals. A total of 196,000+ ids are out there with no nations on them. 
The suggestion is: Let players buy custom nation ids for a credit or two. Players will only be able to change their ID once for a payment of x credits. Players can only chose from IDs that currently have no nation on them. 
I'm pretty sure there will be a number of people who want specific IDs(I want 69420 for my ID). This will increase credit usage a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Considering there's pretty much no possible numbers that can be chosen that aren't somehow either sexual references, drug references, neonazi dogwhistles etc. I really can't see the point of this one. (The fact that there are no possible numbers in the full set of infinity that aren't sexual/drug/nazi only adds to that)

If nation IDs could include letters, then there'd be some validity to the idea, but otherwise is there even a single number that you can think of that would actually be worth picking and isn't sex/drug/nazi/etc?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

If nation IDs could include letters, then there'd be some validity to the idea, but otherwise is there even a single number that you can think of that would actually be worth picking and isn't sex/drug/nazi/etc?

I, for one, would love to see this idea implemented. When I rerolled, I made a new account,  and it therefore had a different nation ID. I'd love to get my old 103629 ID back. :(

• Upvote 1

This is stupid. Nation id is the only unique identifier, it can't be changed without a lot of things breaking.

You already can change nation name and leader, which are the things being displayed on pages, so I don't see the point of this. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Considering there's pretty much no possible numbers that can be chosen that aren't somehow either sexual references, drug references, neonazi dogwhistles etc. I really can't see the point of this one. (The fact that there are no possible numbers in the full set of infinity that aren't sexual/drug/nazi only adds to that)

A few numbers can be blocked off

17 hours ago, Borg said:

This is stupid. Nation id is the only unique identifier, it can't be changed without a lot of things breaking.

You already can change nation name and leader, which are the things being displayed on pages, so I don't see the point of this. 

There is also UIDs there. Plus you only get one chance to change it. 

You pay say 2 credits and are able to change it only once. If you want to change it again, you cannot

People like myself care more about the semantics of the ID, than what the actual number is. It shows how long you've been playing, even for people like myself that have rerolled several times and kept the same ID through it all.

However, if you allow people to manipulate their ID like this, it takes away that value.

Edited by Hime-sama
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Look up to the sky above~