Did the miners all leave?

Raphael

Back at it again with some economic interests.

So Alex posted his enforcement of game rules on February 5th. This resulted in a mass exodus of GPWC, NPO, GOONS, and other alliances from PnW.

By the end of February we began seeing a downward slope for raw resources.

• Coal: Almost 50% of the world supply gone
  • Bauxite: Almost 50% of the world supply gone
  • Food production stagnated since March
  • Iron almost 50% used up
  • Lead almost 3/4th of the supply vanished 
  • Cash hasnt recovered to pre-Feb 5th levels yet
  • Oil : almost 50% gone
  • Uranium supply is down 25%

Basically tl;dr - It appears the market suppliers have all gone home. Aluminum appears to be the only resource being crafted at a reasonable rate, all the others are very slowly recovering.

Our market is looking like it might be fooked for a long time in our post-apocalypse world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Npo, BK, and definitely GPWC had a large amount of lower tier nations, which are the main suppliers of raws. So when they left the game lost a massive portion of raw producers alongside an increase in demand for post war reasons, and the raw market blew up.

• Upvote 2

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

11 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

All I know is that raiding is super lucrative right now. Even small amounts of raws are worth the trouble now! 

Don't go and sell the secret of the trade now, especially when it's starting to get good, smh. 

When the war was happening, a lot of Coalition A nations weren't buying resources, either because they had stopped fighting conventionally and were mostly raiding, or because they didn't have any money for buying stuff or were under blockade. Coalition B nations also didn't need much resources to keep Coalition A pinned in the later stages of the war. So demand was actually quite a bit lower than it would be in a shorter war, and supply was relatively high thanks to the GPWC tax farms.

Now, most nations have rebuild their infra, so they're producing a lot of cash, but a lot of them are still working on rebuilding warchests, so they're buying a lot of resources and can afford to pay a higher price.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Seems like it's doing exactly what Alex wanted it to do: favor smaller nations who produce raws and compel whales to dump loads of cash on them. Slowing down the whales and encouraging quicker low tier growth. 

Also gives raiding some more viability which is nice as it encourages variety of playstyles and gives more active players in that range something to do besides playing farmville. 

You are in t$. stop sounding reasonable, we have a reputation to maintain and haters to satisfy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

os9LcJK.gif

@PeeledTurnip I told you making just aluminum would be a bad idea. But nooo ,having everyone specializing in 2-3 resources plus money was a bad idea.  By those numbers we would of helped with the supply of all. You & Doran need to stop doubting me & take time to listen to each me & each other, but yet again y'all refused most of my idea's that even my friends in other governments would approved. But ya kept bioteching at me, & "reformed" into OD instead of keeping the old aa faith going.  Ya lost alot of respect from me that day & that on you guys.

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

On 4/26/2020 at 10:30 AM, Sisyphus said:

Seems like it's doing exactly what Alex wanted it to do: favor smaller nations who produce raws and compel whales to dump loads of cash on them. Slowing down the whales and encouraging quicker low tier growth. 

Also gives raiding some more viability which is nice as it encourages variety of playstyles and gives more active players in that range something to do besides playing farmville. 

From my experience, these markets just slow the low tier down and make the rich, richer ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

@PeeledTurnip I told you making just aluminum would be a bad idea. But nooo ,having everyone specializing in 2-3 resources plus money was a bad idea.  By those numbers we would of helped with the supply of all. You & Doran need to stop doubting me & take time to listen to each me & each other, but yet again y'all refused most of my idea's that even my friends in other governments would approved. But ya kept bioteching at me, & "reformed" into OD instead of keeping the old aa faith going.  Ya lost alot of respect from me that day & that on you guys.

I dunno man seems like aluminum is the profitable resource still, I barely have to buy bauxite with 6 mines anyways...

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

1 hour ago, PeeledTurnip said:

I dunno man seems like aluminum is the profitable resource still, I barely have to buy bauxite with 6 mines anyways...

Just look at the numbers & Roberts review which proves that we need to do more than make/profit from aluminum 

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

Lol I produce bauxite, so it the high market price barely affects me. Besides, you make 3 alu per 1 bauxite

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

22 hours ago, dtc justice said:

From my experience, these markets just slow the low tier down and make the rich, richer ?

Sure, but just imagine how much worse it would be with the classic self-sustained manufacturing builds from before.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

10 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Sure, but just imagine how much worse it would be with the classic self-sustained manufacturing builds from before.

At least those people traded unlike most of you guys who hoard