Classification of Nation

Vincent

Maybe we could classified all nation in the game into 3 categories depending on their Nation score

1) Developed Nation (NS 5001 - )

2) Developing Nation ( NS 1001-5000)

3) 3rd world country ( NS 0-1000)

Then perhaps something can be done for the small nation to help them catch up with the other players/nation  ( new players wont felt lagging far behind). One of the method is maybe for players under 3rd world category will have their city , infra and military cost reduced by certain percentage)

players under Developing nation category will be subjected to the current city , infra cost, while players under Developed nation will be subjected to certain % increase in the city and infra cost. Then new players might find it easier to catch up while the older nation will find it harder to keep pulling away from the rest ( So we wont have situation, the earlier you join the stronger your nation will be)

Numbers like this shouldn't be statis, it should use some kind of a median as a standard. Because right now, pretty much everyone is third world country :P

And increasing price of things for developed nations is just crazy. I'm pretty dang sure infra and city cost increase madly after each purchases, there's no need to pour more salt to that wound. It's just normal that older nation will always have more chance to grow than those newer ones. Hell, might as well ask Sheepy to increase the ^1.95 part to ^2.75 if you want everyone to be equal

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

Hell, might as well ask Sheepy to increase the ^1.95 part to ^2.75 if you want everyone to be equal

^99999999.1

.1 is there so it isn't to expensive

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I don't think it's necessary. Here's why:

Small nations make money from producing resources. Big nations make money from commerce and buy the resources from smaller guys. This is more or less done on a "percentage" basis - it's just supply and demand. The small nations could have 10 cities and still find it more profitable to make resources than do commerce if prices are high enough. 

In this way, there is always money flowing from top to bottom, somewhat inhibiting the top's growth while encouraging the bottom's growth. Tack on to that there is no limit on cash transfer, we won't have an issue with people being permanently stuck behind like you see in Cyber Nations.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I was thinking more as an aesthetic thing, like top 15% classed as "1st World" etc. just like govt. positions and social policies.

I understand the design philosophy you're pursuing. :)