1116 Days

Buck Turgidson

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

I'd meant what he didn't share on the radio show. And that's even worse lol

What happened on the radio show? I did not hear it.

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

Dates of screen shots: September
Date of public post regarding projects and likelihood of them existing: September - 

Date of original projects with price concepts: June 

When the actual project came out: February the following year. 

At one point in this Alex wanted to shift costs of these projects some, but at which point I reminded him some of the focus of these costs were targeted at resources which didn't have much demand - Oil for instance when I tested buying up the market and the resupply showed there was not much movement in that market so having another resource sink for that is a good thing. Ups demand and thus the supply.

tl;dr Prices of Satellite projects were made public in June 2019. They were talked about again in September 2019. They came out around the start of February 2020. And as Kev said, I was talking about these on radio shows. I also talked about them in PnW public discord where I also recommended people pay attention to the resources and cited the food spike of the City Development projects.

scSqPGJ.gif

On 4/19/2020 at 10:38 PM, Buck Turgidson said:

~snip~

On 4/19/2020 at 10:48 PM, Prefontaine said:

~snip~

Glad to see it's taken outside of the retirement home. :P

On 4/19/2020 at 11:22 PM, Hime-sama said:

Can we get a tldr?

HmA4oNH.gif

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
  • Haha 1
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

On 4/20/2020 at 6:01 PM, Elijah Mikaelson said:

(Also cheater? i broke the rules but did i cheat? I do not think so)

Getting immunity from being banned surely means that ur squeaky cleen and didn't break the rules, you are beyond reproach; without vice.
Jokes aside, so on a srs note; shut the frick up, bc you broke the rules, was going to get banned and that means you cheated.
Having immunity doesn't change the facts.

@Buck Turgidson sorry for taking the thread off-topic, please continue the retirement home drama :P

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
  • Upvote 2
luffyt$forum.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
4 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Getting immunity from being banned surely means that ur squeaky cleen and didn't break the rules, you are beyond reproach; without vice.
Jokes aside, so on a srs note; shut the frick up, bc you broke the rules, was going to get banned and that means you cheated.

@Buck Turgidson sorry for taking the thread off-topic, please continue the retirement home drama :P

You are so silly, just I broke the rules, but not every rule is about cheating you know that at least I hope unless you are dumb.  However I have always said I broke the rules still do not mean I cheated little boy

9 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

snip

"I broke the rules on several occasions for my personal gain, but that's definitely not cheating!"

Edited by Changeup
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

6 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Dates of screen shots: September
Date of public post regarding projects and likelihood of them existing: September - 

Date of original projects with price concepts: June 

When the actual project came out: February the following year. 

At one point in this Alex wanted to shift costs of these projects some, but at which point I reminded him some of the focus of these costs were targeted at resources which didn't have much demand - Oil for instance when I tested buying up the market and the resupply showed there was not much movement in that market so having another resource sink for that is a good thing. Ups demand and thus the supply.

tl;dr Prices of Satellite projects were made public in June 2019. They were talked about again in September 2019. They came out around the start of February 2020. And as Kev said, I was talking about these on radio shows. I also talked about them in PnW public discord where I also recommended people pay attention to the resources and cited the food spike of the City Development projects.

The problem is not the suggestions but the regular updates and advice on what to buy and when. That is insider trading as a result of direct communication with @Alex, and the last screen I posted was a copy of your own screen of your conversation with him.

It has nothing to do with the projects per se, but the insider information. I think there is an actual rule against that. If not, there should be.

I sincerely wonder how many times you have done this before.

5 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

It is a fair point, and I am sure there are some gray areas. How d you feel about folks who are effectively granted Diplomatic immunity like @Prefontaine? If you see the screens I posted, and the brazen confidence in how he posted them, you can see a cheater who knows he will not be punished if caught.

Ironically, he just named his latest city 'Integrity' - a pantomime of a liar on display.

Frankly, that is far more damaging to the credibility of the game that someone who has been caught and forgiven like @Elijah Mikaelson

Edited by Buck Turgidson

To be clear - I despise cheating in all forms. I have a long history of going after cheaters or grafter relentlessly. Ironically I even got a strike for doing so once lol

• Administrators
On 4/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, Buck Turgidson said:

Yeah if anyone wants to see the screens, just PM me. Pre is a bully who has leaked things from Alex's desk for a long time. I literally never believed him until the new projects actually happened, but he talked about them for almost a year before they were manifested in game.

As it turned out, he was not lying, but you know, easy mistake for me to make.

Pre has posted public suggestions for the community to discuss (he's linked to them above) and we also chatted about them. Players regularly help me come up with ideas for the game, feedback on ideas, etc. None of this was "leaked" as I am not particularly secretive about the work I do on the game. If you follow the Politics & War Instagram, for example, I regularly post stories showing what I'm working on and what to expect coming soon.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:25 AM, Buck Turgidson said:

Actually he did share that information, and it was closer to 8 months before.

unknown.png?width=851&height=119

unknown.png?width=851&height=123

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=851&height=452

There - I hope this dispels any illusions. I can scrounge for more, but do not have time atm. I think @Alex already has copies. Like I said, I did not believe him, but did stockpile Uranium on the basis of the ongoing war, and hedging my bet.

The "commerce one" didn't even get implemented into the game. I just don't think that this makes sense. Yes, Prefontaine discussed new project ideas with me. But it's not like I told him I was going to implement them on X date at Y price and the information was only available to him.

These projects were on the test server before they were on the live server, publicly available for anyone to test. They were also discussed well beforehand publicly on the forum. Anyone can speculate on how changes to the game mechanics could impact resource prices and act on it, but at the end of the day, it's speculation. You can see in your own screenshot that the speculation is rarely that accurate (or timely.)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Pre has posted public suggestions for the community to discuss (he's linked to them above) and we also chatted about them. Players regularly help me come up with ideas for the game, feedback on ideas, etc. None of this was "leaked" as I am not particularly secretive about the work I do on the game. If you follow the Politics & War Instagram, for example, I regularly post stories showing what I'm working on and what to expect coming soon.

The "commerce one" didn't even get implemented into the game. I just don't think that this makes sense. Yes, Prefontaine discussed new project ideas with me. But it's not like I told him I was going to implement them on X date at Y price and the information was only available to him.

These projects were on the test server before they were on the live server, publicly available for anyone to test. They were also discussed well beforehand publicly on the forum. Anyone can speculate on how changes to the game mechanics could impact resource prices and act on it, but at the end of the day, it's speculation. You can see in your own screenshot that the speculation is rarely that accurate (or timely.)

Ok I will dig up more recent updates from Pre on when the projects were coming through and send to you. Those screens were to make the point that he was getting updates from you and sharing them with us from a long long time ago.

19 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

It is a fair point, and I am sure there are some gray areas. How d you feel about folks who are effectively granted Diplomatic immunity like @Prefontaine? If you see the screens I posted, and the brazen confidence in how he posted them, you can see a cheater who knows he will not be punished if caught.

Ironically, he just named his latest city 'Integrity' - a pantomime of a liar on display.

Frankly, that is far more damaging to the credibility of the game that someone who has been caught and forgiven like @Elijah Mikaelson

I wouldn't call it cheating, but it does fall into a gray area. Pre has had some good ideas on how to make the projects do what they were intended for, which was to dry up raws and refined resources.
I do not agree with some of them and I have given my honest opinion to both Pre and Alex. As for the projects and it being "secret information shared for big gains", that is not true, @Prefontaine has made many posts about the projects and shared those forums-posts often, so has Alex also and even made them available in test-server for us to test them and report potential bugs.
It might maybe appear that he has used that secret information at first glance, but I highly doubt that. If you dig through the forums a bit you can see that that's not the case and that Pre has made several posts, also dig through the public discord it's the same there. 

luffyt$forum.gif

4 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

I wouldn't call it cheating, but it does fall into a gray area. Pre has had some good ideas on how to make the projects do what they were intended for, which was to dry up raws and refined resources.
I do not agree with some of them and I have given my honest opinion to both Pre and Alex. As for the projects and it being "secret information shared for big gains", that is not true, @Prefontaine has made many posts about the projects and shared those forums-posts often, so has Alex also and even made them available in test-server for us to test them and report potential bugs.
It might maybe appear that he has used that secret information at first glance, but I highly doubt that. If you dig through the forums a bit you can see that that's not the case and that Pre has made several posts, also dig through the public discord it's the same there. 

Well I was in the alliance he was in, where he shared updates every time he thought it was about to be implemented. People routinely asked him for updates. I will look for them tonight or tomorrow - for now, I am preparing for a television interview (not kidding) for a product I designed that was not doing to well until the current C19 crisis. Now it is flying off the shelves! Anyone from Montreal can tune into CTV - they will likely air it as a feel-good piece on the 6pm news. So if you want to know what I look like, look for the guy with the green screen...

3 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Well I was in the alliance he was in, where he shared updates every time he thought it was about to be implemented. People routinely asked him for updates. I will look for them tonight or tomorrow - for now, I am preparing for a television interview (not kidding) for a product I designed that was not doing to well until the current C19 crisis. Now it is flying off the shelves! Anyone from Montreal can tune into CTV - they will likely air it as a feel-good piece on the 6pm news. So if you want to know what I look like, look for the guy with the green screen...

? 
I was thinking about the space program, spysat and moon landing, not sure about the new projects, only seen one post about it. No knowledge about the dates.

luffyt$forum.gif

On 4/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Alex knows and seen the screenshots, thanks for quoting me. if you could now up vote that would be great. (Also cheater? i broke the rules but did i cheat? I do not think so)

Your nation is big enough to hit me, you just need to find your balls and do it instead of crying on the forums.

@Sweeeeet Ronny D that was meant for you

Edited by Seb

1 hour ago, Seb said:

@Sweeeeet Ronny D that was meant for you

I know and I dont care, I have to build my warchest the old fashion way, so wasting it on a cheater isn't really high on my list of priorities.

I fight for my alliance and my allies, if its not one of those two things, I am not interested.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
28 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I know and I dont care, I have to build my warchest the old fashion way, so wasting it on a cheater isn't really high on my list of priorities.

I fight for my alliance and my allies, if its not one of those two things, I am not interested.

I can easy make it one of those things for you, I know seb is trying to stop me from hitting Yarr again last time cost what 2b.

6 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

I can easy make it one of those things for you, I know seb is trying to stop me from hitting Yarr again last time cost what 2b.

Or you could continue attacking whales, let them lower your infra for you and then become the worlds scariest raider.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
6 minutes ago, namukara said:

Or you could continue attacking whales, let them lower your infra for you and then become the worlds scariest raider.

Well that is a good point, Seb and Pre has rebuilt all their infra

2 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Well that is a good point, Seb and Pre has rebuilt all their infra

You're in range of some people who really cannot fight who could still destroy some infra.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, namukara said:

You're in range of some people who really cannot fight who could still destroy some infra.

I am in range of many people who seem to want infra more than anything else, I have given up all hope of growing anymore so will now just raid and do as much damage as i can to those who enjoy flapping the gums

3 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

I am in range of many people who seem to want infra more than anything else, I have given up all hope of growing anymore so will now just raid and do as much damage as i can to those who enjoy flapping the gums

I would really like to know if schrutesphere would try to white peace with a single person.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, Jacob Hanson said:

This is 1000% classic Buck

It is what I do. Put you down for the count, didn't I?

I have never suffered fools, liars, or thieves.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Like 1