Spamming Recruiting Messages

Wendell

Nature of Offense: Abuse of in game messaging. Spamming the same message in the span of one hour

Akuryo sent three messages to me all recruiting for the same alliance. Everybody else only sends maybe one message per day. Akuryo sent me three....

IMG_20200417_150026.jpg

• Like 1

Note that this practice has been done by several other alliances, and, despite it being pointed out, Alex has chosen to do nothing about it. There is no precedent for him to act after allowing others.

The fact that I know they do this and that they've done it to you too, but only report me, also marks this as mods as a weapon, as you are singling me out because I frequently point out the stupid crap you say everywhere.

I'm also at work right now, and on lunch, I can't physically stop them for another 5 hours.

I welcome Alex to ask that I stop and enforce all others spamming a dozen messages for their alliance to stop as well. You've no grounds to touch me otherwise.

Edited by Akuryo

48 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

The fact that I know they do this and that they've done it to you too, but only report me, also marks this as mods as a weapon, as you are singling me out because I frequently point out the stupid crap you say everywhere.

I do not understand why you said this. I didn't know you thought the stuff I say is stupid. That seems a little out of character. I reported you because you were the only one that sent three of the same messages in the span of an hour. That's spam in my book. What would you call it?

Edited by Deulos
  • Haha 1

Spamming isn't explicitly stated anywhere in the game rules as unpermitted, perhaps you should give them a read.

Nobody buys your bullshit deulos, I'm not a subtle person, I make my thoughts on others very clear, and you've made yours on me clear in the past. Cut the crap. ?

The best you could claim, under the game rules, is that this is harassment. Which is, to put mildly, stretching the definition of that word, even as it is in the rules, to an absolutely nonsensical point, where you could claim basically anything is harassment.

This further falls apart because, again, I know other alliances send multiple messages like this, and they're not being reported for that same, I must stress again, very long shot "harassment" claim which is all you'd have, and makes it completely untenable.

Rules btw: https://politicsandwar.com/rules/

As you can see, the best argument you have is shot down by your own decision to specifically target me and no one else known to do this. ?

Basic logic: 57,946 Deulos: 0. Thanks for playing tho.

27 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

The best you could claim, under the game rules, is that this is harassment. Which is, to put mildly, stretching the definition of that word, even as it is in the rules, to an absolutely nonsensical point, where you could claim basically anything is harassment.

You don't how many messages I've gotten from several different alliances. Very frustrating to continue to mark things as read since the message notification takes up a slot on the task bar. I want to view my nation not see alot of messages. Yours was the straw that broke the camals back.

I don't need you cyber bullying me on what you think I should respond to and/or tell me what is or isn't harassment.

Edited by Deulos
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 4/17/2020 at 5:32 PM, Akuryo said:

Note that this practice has been done by several other alliances, and, despite it being pointed out, Alex has chosen to do nothing about it. There is no precedent for him to act after allowing others.

I'm also at work right now, and on lunch, I can't physically stop them for another 5 hours.

I welcome Alex to ask that I stop and enforce all others spamming a dozen messages for their alliance to stop as well. You've no grounds to touch me otherwise.

"mods as a weapon" doesn't apply here.

If everyone doesn't stop spamming recruitment messages, I am going to disable it for everyone.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic