Tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down

Mogar

The corporation had unlimited resources upon the greatest continent, creativity was such a blessing. Mogar had finally located the ideal vessel, a young Hispanic woman originally from Florida but well traveled, this planet had fewer than the usual reality for the potential he required. Parents from across the globe had allowed her to become a polyglot, and with her abilities she rose quickly in the company and caught the interest of the leader himself.

A mid level operations manager, typically they were unimpressive, but Elizabeth was a natural talent at the job, able to always end up under budget, ahead of schedule, and negotiating better contracts than any of her peers. A few quarters of such skills and a simple email was sent to her near the end of day on a Friday. An invitation to visit The Cape to have dinner with the CEO. The Cape was the company's flagship office and one of the wildest places on the planet.

Everything was legal within The Cape's city limits, though attempting certain crimes against those who were well off was a very stupid long term plan. They would be revived, and you would not. A sleek stealthy looking VTOL was waiting once her shift ended, taking her from Casablanca to Cape Town, wine and snacks were provided with a personal chef on the aircraft. She arrived just past ten PM, landing atop a building that had to be at least 150 stories tall. 

The Sin hired the most beautiful in a town where everyone fit the bill. Exotic dancers and even the bottle girls would be able to headline elsewhere, here they were just another perfect body to be admired while all sorts of debauchery happened around them. An exotic vaguely asian woman in a business outfit met her at the ship as it landed, bowing slightly. "Welcome to The Cape, for you protection you will need to wear this bracelet at all times while here. We can ensure you will not be harmed while a guest of the CEO." Elizabeth's eyes grew wider but she remained as calm as she could in this strange new world. She had partied in her time but this was going to be a night unlike any other.

As she entered the bustling night club she immediately noticed a half dozen heavily armed and augmented soldiers observing the customers. She was led on a winding path to some VIP backroom where the CEO sat with a rainbow of unclothed women participating in all sorts of activities. Upon her entrance he clapped his hands and stood, "Thank you for the entertainment ladies, that will be all for now." They all immediately stopped and walked past her, several giving her a bit of side eye, curious to know what made her so unique to make him be rid of the harem of extremely expensive women.

He walked over to the bar in the large room filled with couches beds and poles, pouring two drinks before turning to her and offering one. "I trust you already ate, the transport you came in could have given you anything from a filet mignon to whatever vegan options you would've wanted." He said with a smirk, already aware of the inventory requests to replace her meal. 

"I did, thank you for the trip, I've never been to The Cape before." She replied, nervous as hell but such an opportunity wasn't something to just pass up. She raised the glass back to him, "To building better worlds." He gave a genuine smile at the toast, "To building better worlds, here and everywhere else I can." Taking a much longer swig than she managed. 

"I have been at this a very long time. There is only a few who are able to genuinely impress me with their abilities, and you are something special. Your talents at your job lead me to believe you would be capable of better jobs than organization, we can have an AI or someone replace you at your current position." He paused for a moment, opening his right palm and a hologram shot from what appeared to be a wrist watch. 

A globe filled the room, and with it colors spread and collapsed upon the planet, representative of nations as far as she could tell, the cycle ran over and over, different colors in different locations but always ending with destruction of all of them. "I want to make something new, a world where nations don't destroy themselves. I have seen many worlds and they always end in failure, I am hoping you will be the catalyst to change that."

She was startled by the line of conversation, taking a drink to give herself time to formulate a response. "What would you want me to do? I have not done much beyond sit behind a desk for most of my career, I am not sure I could be what you are asking for, I help keep the company running, that's nothing compared to making decisions about life or death, deciding on a national scale is quite a bit more pressure."

He shook his head, 'You're thinking far too short term. Ensuring the ideal political situation is less complicated, making sure we can keep the powers constantly competitive is the real goal of this sort of world. If everyone is competing then technology gets cheaper and development becomes even faster. We could abandon this rock and spread among the stars, it's sad that we waste our effort among this one planet when we have no reason to not own every rock out there." Taking a deep breath the music began to thump outside, the one way mirrors showing a lot of skin from the women previously intimate. "I realize you might find this odd but it is harder to accept that our species loses to a bunch of numbers."