Pledge to never make city deletion a peace term

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Am I the only one who seems to miss a top 5 alliance in that list? (Ronny adresses this a bit further in the thread)

This is the best proposal I have seen in a long time though, I didn't think about that cruelty untill now.

Edited by BelgiumFury
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BelgiumFury said:

Am I the only one who seems to miss a top 5 alliance in that list?

This is the best proposal I have seen in a long time though, I didn't think about that cruelty untill now.

Monkey-Puppet%20Lookin-1543627124994.jpg

• Upvote 1

IQ be like: Why did I remove dem downvotes!!!!

We in CK will never demand such terms. 
This plus, if anyone asks something like this, you better add another alliance on your Enemy List.

Edited by AntMan
  • Like 4

Just now, Rossiya said:

Otherwise known as the "Whale Protection Pledge".

Pretty sure we can force that term on anyone.
And it will still be as hurtful as it will be against the whales.

3 minutes ago, Malleator said:

I fully support such a pledge, and would even go so far as to suggest any alliance that forces such terms upon another should be subject to global scrutiny and action.

Don't be so uncreative, it's the Whale Preservation Initiative.

"Whale Preservation Pledge"?

6 minutes ago, Malleator said:

I fully support such a pledge, and would even go so far as to suggest any alliance that forces such terms upon another should be subject to global scrutiny and action.

Don't be so uncreative, it's the Whale Preservation Initiative.

Whales Ensure Interminable Neutralization of Eentsy-Weensty Players (WEINER)

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

James from CoA told me all of T$phere is on board

That's correct. We discussed it a few days ago when the change was made. As it usually happens, Sheepy probably did not fully understand the negative ramifications of introducing such a feature. In a normal environment, it would go without saying that using this feature to force other players to delete their cities would be inconceivable, but after the last war I understand why people felt the need to proclaim this publicly.

Edited by Theodosius
  • Upvote 1

hmmm idk guys but I think alex have been steeping in ingame stuff too much recently. I mean how is he gonna enforce this?  is he gonna take discord SS as evidence now? What about the second rule? Is he gonna enforce it by stopping any war that takes more than couple months through mod actions?

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sorry to interject in the AA forum, but I would like to add to the discussion.

First, I am very happy to see everyone on board. It seems that toxicity in the game has been reduced significantly in the past month or so, and I'm really happy to see that. Pledges like these to fair play are really great things.

I had the same concerns as you all, which is why I just updated the rules to explicitly forbid this type of thing. Although forcing people to delete and re-roll has always been a possibility in peace terms, with the addition of easy city deletion I think this does become a more substantial issue and one that needed to be addressed. While I was at it, I threw in a clause for trying to make people quit, which is also something that we've seen in the past.

I want the game to be as fun and fair for everyone, and I'm glad that you all feel the same way by making this pledge. I hope we can continue in this spirit of mutual respect and fairness in all aspects of gameplay.

Thanks Alex, keep up the (sometimes controversial) work. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Players of Orbis,

With this latest update, Sheeps has now made it possible to delete nations.  My first thought the second I heard this was... someone is going to try to force city deletions on a defeated enemy as punishment.  We just ended the most contentious and damaging war this world has ever seen, I dont think its a stretch to say that if IQ had the ability to demand people delete cities, they would have.  So in a show of unity, and a small attempt to avoid the crap we all went thru a few months ago, I would like to put forth a pledge that no matter how heated things get, or how much we may hate each other, demanding city deletions will never be part of a peace term. 

I have spoken to a few alliance leaders privately and they all agree, so if you are in a position to speak for your alliance and or bloc please post below that your alliance/bloc agrees to never use city deletion as requirement for peace.

Below is a list of alliances/blocs that have agreed, I will update it accordingly.

Bloc Alliances:

-The Hedge (Grumpy, Guardian, TE, NP)

-Rose, Camelot

-Quacksphere TKR/TS/HS/CTO/COA/OWR

-TCW

Alliances:

-The Wei (TW)

In nationsgame (the game i used to play) it was a game enforced option to demand destruction of a building to end a war

• Like 1

Don't fight a battle if you don’t gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel

In a last stand there is no surrender you fight until the last man - myself

The question of how the in-game rule can be enforced has been brought up, which is why this IC declaration is a perfect companion. Neither the players or the admin will stand for toxicity, and if Alex isn't able to step in, the playerbase will. I am so glad that its universally agreed upon.

• Like 3

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Sorry to interject in the AA forum, but I would like to add to the discussion.

First, I am very happy to see everyone on board. It seems that toxicity in the game has been reduced significantly in the past month or so, and I'm really happy to see that. Pledges like these to fair play are really great things.

I had the same concerns as you all, which is why I just updated the rules to explicitly forbid this type of thing. Although forcing people to delete and re-roll has always been a possibility in peace terms, with the addition of easy city deletion I think this does become a more substantial issue and one that needed to be addressed. While I was at it, I threw in a clause for trying to make people quit, which is also something that we've seen in the past.

I want the game to be as fun and fair for everyone, and I'm glad that you all feel the same way by making this pledge. I hope we can continue in this spirit of mutual respect and fairness in all aspects of gameplay.

Taken from the changelog: "Bullying, harassing, or otherwise coercing/encouraging players to quit the game is against the rules. Depending on the severity and scale of the offense, this can result in anywhere from a moderation strike to a permanent ban. The punishment is subject to moderator discretion."

Does this apply to memes as well? I think it's funny to declare on someone and the war reason say something like 'delete your nation for peace.' Would I receive a moderation strike over that? What if somebody on the forums or the official Discord says something stupid and I say 'you should delete your nation'? 

These things are not serious attempts to have people delete their nations. In the first case, it's just a silly meme to open a war with. In the second case, it's banter in response to someone saying something dumb. Still, I'd like to know where the line is drawn and if I would be crossing them in those examples.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

I would like to see this go one step more, I would like to see Alliances cut ties even attack any alliance who tries to enforce such a thing