Make cities cost less as time goes by.

Big Boss

I was mulling over my thoughts this past week and thought of this. 

First world nations help third world nations develop in the real world, this could be because the cost to produce more buildings gets lower or even other things like supply lines are developed. 

My proposition is this- Over time, say a year, a cities cost should go down, by say 1% a month or some other small amount. that way, when new players join later on, it's easier for them to start building. otherwise we'll see no change in current lineup besides war. it'll always be the older the nation it is, the stronger it is.

• Downvote 1

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

Older nations send money to newer ones, problem solved

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Older nations send money to newer ones, problem solved

what happens in the case of smaller nations with no friends in the higher up?  

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

In that case they'll have a slightly better avenue for growth. Either they can join the now blooming market and make profit off the inevitably expensive resources, or raid the plethora of inactive nationss that are bound to flood the 50-300 NS. As the game grows, it will become easier for smaller nations to get off their own feet.

As for the suggestion... no. City price is already good enough as it is. If your concern is that new nations that have no friends will have a difficulties in growing up, then they can always join an established alliance. Even a veteran player with years of experience under their belt will have a hard time growing alone without the security a solid alliance can offer.

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

All this will means s that if the game is around a few years from now, bigger nations will end up with stupid amount of cities, resulting in them growing to silly size.

Yep no, your suggestion will just make all nations larger, larger nations will be even larger, gaining the opposite effect from what you want here. In the long term, city costs will hit 0 at some point, which will brake the game. 

They should join a real alliance, then.

I concur there. It's the same with some of the people on here who !@#$ about being raided, if they want to avoid being raided, they should join an alliance. 

what happens in the case of smaller nations with no friends in the higher up?

Then they stay a 3rd world power......not everyone IRL is a 1st/top tier nation. There is also politics involved here as well......if you go it alone or join an alliance. Building cities.......not sure why costs would go down......but negotiating good trade deals that are beneficial........that is where a newer nation could help themselves out alot.

X4EfkAB.png

• Administrators

In that case they'll have a slightly better avenue for growth. Either they can join the now blooming market and make profit off the inevitably expensive resources, or raid the plethora of inactive nationss that are bound to flood the 50-300 NS. As the game grows, it will become easier for smaller nations to get off their own feet.

As for the suggestion... no. City price is already good enough as it is. If your concern is that new nations that have no friends will have a difficulties in growing up, then they can always join an established alliance. Even a veteran player with years of experience under their belt will have a hard time growing alone without the security a solid alliance can offer.

Pretty much my thoughts. There's no limit on cash/resource transfer in the game, so even if you join the game 3 years from now, it doesn't mean you'll be forever stuck as a small guy. There will be huge profits in making resources, and those will only increase as time goes on.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link