The birth of a new alliance The Stratosphere

Dave III

Please please please rest easy. 

To solve the issue of successive raids I’ve come up with a solution.? 

I will win the wars with Camelot and lose to Aurora. With the beige I will rebuild and gain funding to prepare for more attacks after the beige. 

Aurora will be getting a nuke though, so he should feel very special. 

Otherwise very fruitful debate but it is put to rest. I will win 2 out of 3 of the wars and take a beige. 

if anyone would like to make bets against me, the wagers start at 10million?

proud STR rep, Dave III

17 minutes ago, Dave III said:

if anyone would like to make bets against me, the wagers start at 10million?

10m says you lose all three wars... but win at least one and you don't pay me anything. Win two wars and I pay 20m.

Do you accept?

Clairification: Beige = win.

You get 3x beiged, you pay me 10m.
You get 2x beiged and beige one, neither pays.
You get 1x beiged and beige two, as you predict, I pay 20m.

Payment will be of course made by a single food trade within one full day of that becoming possible.

It's a solid hedge in your favor ;)

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

10m says you lose all three wars... but win at least one and you don't pay me anything. Win two wars and I pay 20m.

Do you accept?

Clairification: Beige = win.

You get 3x beiged, you pay me 10m.
You get 2x beiged and beige one, neither pays.
You get 1x beiged and beige two, as you predict, I pay 20m.

Payment will be of course made by a single food trade within one full day of that becoming possible.

It's a solid hedge in your favor ;)

I’ll take that bet ?

• Like 2

TMQigWG.jpg

Heck

Camelot pls. All you had to do was buy some navy but nooooo, "planes are all that matter" ?‍♂️

Well, when something was worth the risk you can't complain when you have to pay up.

Deal's a deal, trade sent @Dave III, spend it wisely o7

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, respectable that you won the wars. I will say, your alliance needs work still. Try and recruit a solid gov, and then I can see you succeeding. 

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

2 minutes ago, MCMaster-095 said:

In a 3v1 where both sides are going for beige, how exactly do the 3 manage to lose? Gotta give you props Dave, you have to be at least somewhat competent to do that.

Just a correction sorry but I only one two of the wars, the ones with Camelot. I took the beige with Aurora. But thanks anyway they were rly fun. 

Stay health, Dave III

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Dave III said:

Just a correction sorry but I only one two of the wars, the ones with Camelot. I took the beige with Aurora. But thanks anyway they were rly fun. 

Stay health, Dave III

But still, even just losing 1 of your wars was a big accomplishment. Good luck in your alliance, hopefully you can find success, and hopefully you can find a protector who helps your alliance grow.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Hime-sama said:

I mean, I agree but, how did your guys lose to this micro?

Simple enough, his bois forgot to cover their butts against the naval strikes that they really should have seen coming. I've pulled that stunt many times myself, and notably it did not pan out against Aurora, whose boi did see it coming, acted accordingly and countered it properly.

The standard old "air only" strats work well in alliance warfare... not in irregular warfare like this. I'd honestly hoped Camelot would know that by now, but turns out I was the sucker in that bet all along ?

41 minutes ago, Epi said:

You're still a micro, lol. 

Micro your guys lost their own raids to, what does that really say about you then? I mean really. Taking two rounds to take down a lone screwball, that's pretty far from braggable :P

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Epi said:

You say that lol, but then I look at the test server where we were outnumbered 3/1, fighting 800 wars and totally annihilating the competition.

If two of our members trade infra for all his expensive tanks and planes that's a fine trade. If he wants respect, he can earn it through growth and goodwill ?

I'm sure he knows that

Yes I know that. Which is why I’ve read out to your FA. I must say I hold no hard feelings towards Camelot and view their mistake in the first round as that a mistake. 
Although I would not agree that it’s a winning trade for Camelot to lose so much infra for my tanks or ships. But for the purpose of battle it is effective. 
I respect Camelot and I’m sure on some level they hold respect for me. 

there is no greater friendship then that born through bloodshed. 

Many thanks for the positivity on this topic 

Dave III

5 hours ago, MCMaster-095 said:

But still, even just losing 1 of your wars was a big accomplishment. Good luck in your alliance, hopefully you can find success, and hopefully you can find a protector who helps your alliance grow.

Thanks for the kind words

I’ve actually joined the CSO bloc and they are very helpful. I think with their help and comradeship Stratosphere will grow with haste. 

thanks again, Dave III  

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=630723 cost the defender 38.6m in unit value, the attacker 18.86m. Not including soldiers (which is roughly comparable) and looted cash (which favors the defender). Price of steel being at 4046 PPU and alum at 3506 PPU respectively.

Theoretical infra lost (based from 2.1k infra since that's what the NS and his builds suggest) valued about 51m (no discounts) for the attacker. Defender lost some but I'll assume it's just like 5m or something of the sort.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=630730 cost the defender 37.8m in that same value, while attacker lost 20.8m.

Infra lost (based from 1990 infra based on same parameters) valued at 40m. Defender also didn't suffer that many losses in that respect.

Doesn't include beige loot values. That also obviously adds extra.

What were mathematically unsound trades (especially given the circumstances) are apparently fine trades now. Then again, I'm not surprised he'd think that when he thinks that bringing up the Test server is meant to mean anything.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

1 hour ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

What were mathematically unsound trades (especially given the circumstances) are apparently fine trades now. Then again, I'm not surprised he'd think that when he thinks that bringing up the Test server is meant to mean anything.

Especially considering he's completely mistaken about even that...

The leaderboards on the test server that he so claims to have "won" on

HAQ5kzX.png

ONratKR.png

XqNmj90.png

"annihilated the competition", huh ?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot