The birth of a new alliance The Stratosphere

Dave III

13 minutes ago, Epi said:

You don't need to sign off your posts with your name that's why we have forum signatures, nub. 

I'm not gonna say the same things as the rest. But do you know what separates micros from real alliances, in a single word, ego. 

This is why they fail to recruit talented members, listen to advice and improve, and above all else they get trapped in bad habits for the sake of their own worthless name. 

That said at least people are posting here ig

Thanks I’ll try not to make the same mistakes as the other micros and I’ll try to maintain a humble ego. But I do take pride in trying to build something new instead of benefiting purely on what is already been built.

thanks, Dave III of the Stratosphere alliance 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dave III said:

Thanks I’ll try not to make the same mistakes as the other micros and I’ll try to maintain a humble ego. But I do take pride in trying to build something new instead of benefiting purely on what is already been built.

thanks, Dave III of the Stratosphere alliance 

It's incredibly difficult to start from scratch unless you know a bunch of people who can join the game and then join your alliance or if you split off from an alliance with other members, so you probably aren't going to recruit anyone easily and will just get raided until your nation is knocked down a lot of pegs. If you want to feel like what you are building is just as much yours as it is others then get involved with a good alliance and ask for roles which you can move up with. Even established alliances can offer opportunities and listen to what you have to say.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Epi said:

You don't need to sign off your posts with your name that's why we have forum signatures, nub. 

I'm not gonna say the same things as the rest. But do you know what separates micros from real alliances, in a single word, ego. 

This is why they fail to recruit talented members, listen to advice and improve, and above all else they get trapped in bad habits for the sake of their own worthless name. 

That said at least people are posting here ig

i would downvote that but alex took it away so here, shame shame shame on u

• Haha 1

bitmap.png

4 hours ago, Dave III said:

1. community

I am looking on creating a tight knit community for players to come to, we support each other.

2. codependency

we must rely on each other and be relied on, defending with honor, each member of this alliance. 

3. the honor of war

we look to through conquest expand and create a footprint on Orbis. 

4. have fun 

"I am looking to create: An Alliance"

Seriously though, best of luck. You're already better than half the micros out there for knowing the forums exist.

• Haha 2

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

See, the solo raider thing can work. Rarely.

Unfortunately, what you've got here is not one of those times when it will. You're not "getting yourself on the map", you're getting yourself embarrassed and undermining your own credibility. If you actually successfully resist Camelot/Aurora, then that will indeed be worth some respect, but... failing ground battles and getting massacred without any redeeming victories behind you does not a successful resistance make. Your projects aren't set up in a militarily viable configuration whatsoever, as a solo operator you are entirely vulnerable to being genuinely cycled, and unless you can pull some absurd rabbits out of your hat you're not going to make any good loot hits either.

At least get yourself missiles so there's something you can actually do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

See, the solo raider thing can work. Rarely.

Unfortunately, what you've got here is not one of those times when it will. You're not "getting yourself on the map", you're getting yourself embarrassed and undermining your own credibility. If you actually successfully resist Camelot/Aurora, then that will indeed be worth some respect, but... failing ground battles and getting massacred without any redeeming victories behind you does not a successful resistance make. Your projects aren't set up in a militarily viable configuration whatsoever, as a solo operator you are entirely vulnerable to being genuinely cycled, and unless you can pull some absurd rabbits out of your hat you're not going to make any good loot hits either.

At least get yourself missiles so there's something you can actually do.

My hat is full of rabbits ?

14 minutes ago, Unity said:

@Dave III Love the Attitude! :D GL o7
- SAXON of wherever the frick i feel like being at the time

Thanks! I appreciate the positivity, that’s the exact energy I’m trying to bring in the Stratosphere 

• Like 1

Hey, I'm gonna assume you're Sean Anthony, so I'm going to talk to you as if you were him. Welcome back Sean, it's been a while. 

6 hours ago, Dave III said:

I know it’s kinda dumb but half the battle in a new alliance is getting on the map 

I’ll wait until these wars are over before looking for a protection 

thanks, Dave III

Hey Sean, normally people make alliances with protectorates before they form. It's actually a good idea to do so because it means that you will be protected for as long as you can. With that in mind, it's an even better idea to get experiences being a government member before you form an alliance. Making previous failed alliances does not count.  There are plenty of micro alliances (with 20+ members) who need new government members, and there are plenty of major alliances who may welcome you into their low government. I wish you luck in whatever you will do. And, if you continue on the path you're currently on, I will happily be making smores over the fire that is your nation.

rI5DbM2.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, CitrusK said:

Hey, I'm gonna assume you're Sean Anthony, so I'm going to talk to you as if you were him. Welcome back Sean, it's been a while. 

Hey Sean, normally people make alliances with protectorates before they form. It's actually a good idea to do so because it means that you will be protected for as long as you can. With that in mind, it's an even better idea to get experiences being a government member before you form an alliance. Making previous failed alliances does not count.  There are plenty of micro alliances (with 20+ members) who need new government members, and there are plenty of major alliances who may welcome you into their low government. I wish you luck in whatever you will do. And, if you continue on the path you're currently on, I will happily be making smores over the fire that is your nation.

rI5DbM2.png

By far best reply I’ve gotten, but if you look to the nations who’ve attacked me, they are the only ones burning. If in the future I must burn for the Stratosphere then let the light of my flame guide all of Orbis to victory and solace 

that is the pathos of the Stratosphere 

Your truly, Dave III

2 hours ago, Dave III said:

By far best reply I’ve gotten, but if you look to the nations who’ve attacked me, they are the only ones burning. If in the future I must burn for the Stratosphere then let the light of my flame guide all of Orbis to victory and solace 

that is the pathos of the Stratosphere 

Your truly, Dave III

I'm looking at your wars and, while your tank/naval push has helped, you're not going to be able to sustain that momentum. Your opponents just need a pyrrhic on ground to bring their larger airforces to bear against you. Even if you win the first round, which would an expensive accomplishment, you won't be able to win against the next larger wave. Either you keep the military and get hit by big guys or you decom and run out of resources.

Still, as long as you're not going to be stupid about your bank, they at least shouldn't *profit*... from this round.

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I'm looking at your wars and, while your tank/naval push has helped, you're not going to be able to sustain that momentum. Your opponents just need a pyrrhic on ground to bring their larger airforces to bear against you. Even if you win the first round, which would an expensive accomplishment, you won't be able to win against the next larger wave. Either you keep the military and get hit by big guys or you decom and run out of resources.

Still, as long as you're not going to be stupid about your bank, they at least shouldn't *profit*... from this round.

This is true by round 3 or 4 I’ll be severely depleted but it won’t be profitable for the raiders to go that far. I’m actually making a profit if it goes that far

1 minute ago, Dave III said:

This is true by round 3 or 4 I’ll be severely depleted but it won’t be profitable for the raiders to go that far. I’m actually making a profit if it goes that far

...No, you're really not making a 'profit' off those wars. And there's no way in heaven nor hell that you'll be able to push another full steel doublebuy with only 6k steel to play with.

Maybe if you sell the excess munitions, why 30k munitions alongside 9k gas, but either way it's stuff getting spent and you're not making it back.

27 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

...No, you're really not making a 'profit' off those wars. And there's no way in heaven nor hell that you'll be able to push another full steel doublebuy with only 6k steel to play with.

Maybe if you sell the excess munitions, why 30k munitions alongside 9k gas, but either way it's stuff getting spent and you're not making it back.

True the net profit will be a negative but in sum of services and incalculable notoriety I see this as an absolute win 

6EB89C16-F62F-4642-828C-545D34427CB0.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dave III said:

True the net profit will be a negative but in sum of services and incalculable notoriety I see this as an absolute win 

Optimistic, I like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look up to the sky above~

5 minutes ago, Lury said:

i love how 2 of the three wars ur winning.. 

He's actually losing all 3 of them, something you'd know if you have any skill.

While current resistance values support your claim, a cursory glance at the military of all combatants shows Mr Dave here will lose and be beiged by all 3. He has next to 0 planes, vs 1800, 1440 and 1260, all of whom have decent ground forces where another days buy/another airstrike on tanks would tip the scales in ground on their favor.

In particular after next day change it is extremely likely one of the 3 will IT his ground, removing all of his GC, at which point his tanks and ships will not last the rest of the day.

Think further ahead than just the next move. ?

Edited by Akuryo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

He's actually losing all 3 of them, something you'd know if you have any skill.

While current resistance values support your claim, a cursory glance at the military of all combatants shows Mr Dave here will lose and be beiged by all 3. He has next to 0 planes, vs 1800, 1440 and 1260, all of whom have decent ground forces where another days buy/another airstrike on tanks would tip the scales in ground on their favor.

In particular after next day change it is extremely likely one of the 3 will IT his ground, removing all of his GC, at which point his tanks and ships will not last the rest of the day.

Think further ahead than just the next move. ?

He has the upper hand on most sides of attacks. Planes are not one of them. You can't win a war with just planes. Plus 2 of 3 are in blockade. If he plays it smart, he could win one of them, being the guy who comes out of inactivity once a week. 

34 minutes ago, Lury said:

He has the upper hand on most sides of attacks. Planes are not one of them. You can't win a war with just planes. Plus 2 of 3 are in blockade. If he plays it smart, he could win one of them, being the guy who comes out of inactivity once a week. 

He blitzed a lot of tanks, thing is that works both ways. If he's rushing for beige on his end, he might be able to pull it off, especially if his opponents allow it by not doublebuying their own tanks, but like I said before he can't sustain that momentum. Even if he 'wins' one of the fronts (which is quite possible), it'd cost him all he's got, work by the skin of his teeth and opens him up for a fresh raid to assuredly IT his ground controls away, leaving him open to being zeroed by airstrikes all the quicker.

Still, I can respect an audacious move, however predictable the outcome.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot