TLE Recruitment Tactics

Tiber

It sounds like you're all upset that you either suck at recruiting or are upset you aren't willing to recruit at the level they are.

"We don't like what they're doing!!!  Its not fair to us, change the game."

All over a newb player getting spammed twice more then he does from everyone else.  Quick!  Better run back to your safe spaces. 

• Upvote 3

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

41 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

It sounds like you're all upset that you either suck at recruiting or are upset you aren't willing to recruit at the level they are.

All over a newb player getting spammed twice more then he does from everyone else.  Quick!  Better run back to your safe spaces. 

I'm sure you won't mind when I have every single person in my government run 6-10 copies of our bot simultaneously then.

Or does that number suddenly push things too far?

1 hour ago, Dr James Wilson said:

How about we all turn on 10 messages or more and force @Alex to ban bots? 

I must say TKR was rather successful at recruiting last time it happened temporarily. I'm willing to take the gamble. Are you? Is TLE?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, alyster said:

How about we all turn on 10 messages or more and force @Alex to ban bots? 

I must say TKR was rather successful at recruiting last time it happened temporarily. I'm willing to take the gamble. Are you? Is TLE?

Let's do it, plus ultra these nerd ass muffins.

I don't really care.   You guys are !@#$ing about a bunch of messages being spammed to new players who already get 20+ messages in the first 20 minutes of their creation.

What, you couldn't find anything more significant to start !@#$ing about after the announced upcoming changes?   

Avanti Immortali

7 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

I don't really care.   You guys are !@#$ing about a bunch of messages being spammed to new players who already get 20+ messages in the first 20 minutes of their creation.

What, you couldn't find anything more significant to start !@#$ing about after the announced upcoming changes?   

somebody got their ego touched lol

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Imagine needing an extra 20 messages ontop of that from just you to get recruits.

Talk about self esteem issues loool

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

somebody got their ego touched lol

My ego?  I`m not TLE.  Did you hurt your brain trying to come up with that snappy retort?

50 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Imagine needing an extra 20 messages ontop of that from just you to get recruits.

Talk about self esteem issues loool

We have 170 members and bring new people into the game every day.  Our self esteem is quite fine.   Yours, on the other hand.  You do realize you're in a thread that`s complaining about recruitment messages, right?  Or is this not stupid in your mind. 

Avanti Immortali

2 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

We have 170 members and bring new people into the game every day.  Our self esteem is quite fine.   Yours, on the other hand.  You do realize you're in a thread that`s complaining about recruitment messages, right?  Or is this not stupid in your mind. 

How thick can you be? Bots and messages are useless if we all start sending 5, 10 or 100 messages per alliance. Including your bribe of 5 million .

Subject: Here’s $5,000,000 for your nation now!

Hello, and welcome to P&W! One thing you’ll soon learn as you play this game is that you
will want to be in an alliance so that you don’t constantly get raided. We would love to invite
you to join The Immortals, just voted by the community as the #1 alliance for new players.
We offer a $5,000,000 signing bonus that you can get today to help you get started! We have
some of the most extensive player guides in the game to help you build your knowledge and
nation, along with really helpful members interested in helping you. Like many other
alliances, we will pay for your city builds and offer protection. Apply in-game and visit us on
our discord channel!
Ingame alliance link: https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5875
Discord server link: https://discord.gg/8w5mHFe
Questions? Join our Discord!

3 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

The goal should be to get new players to want to stay and getting spammed messages from the same AA only serves to overwhelm and confuse them. I think this is something important to think about especially when as long-time players of this game we should be hoping for the continued growth and success of the game. It's more fun that way.

I've had a lot of success eschewing bots altogether. Instead I take the time to get to know them as a person. use bits of PIE to track down RL identities, find addresses, and send a hand-crafted message. I like to be funky and make it a collage, just to seem extra friendly welcoming!

Oqkajqg.png

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

3 hours ago, alyster said:

How thick can you be? Bots and messages are useless if we all start sending 5, 10 or 100 messages per alliance. Including your bribe of 5 million .

Holy overexageration batman.  You're crying about 3 recruitment messages.   I'd call you a child, but that was already apparent from your double(lol) embargos against me calling me a retard.

Ban all the bots if your upset about it and do everything by hand.  Otherwise get over it, send more messages or keep having a hissy fit because someone sent two more messages then you.

I really don't care either way, but I'm certainly done wasting my time with something as stupid as this.  

Avanti Immortali

2 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Holy overexageration batman.  You're crying about 3 recruitment messages.   I'd call you a child, but that was already apparent from your double(lol) embargos against me calling me a retard.

Ban all the bots if your upset about it and do everything by hand.  Otherwise get over it, send more messages or keep having a hissy fit because someone sent two more messages then you.

I really don't care either way, but I'm certainly done wasting my time with something as stupid as this.  

You're the only one having a hissy fit here.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Epi said:

Tfw immortals and Lost Empire between them sent over 15 messages at one time to deliberately push new players inbox to page 2 and monopolise recruitment. 

Oh but they think we should cry about it and just ignore that they are finding a loophole to spam new nations into seeing them as the only option to join. 

Okay but it sounds like you want people to join BK instead of TLE. Nobody wants to join an old played out alliance, the theme isn't funny or relevant anymore and they put a bad taste in people's mouths.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Shhhh.... Shhhh..... Shhhh..... 
You might want to work on having constructive feedback.
For instance, you don't seem to have offered a single reason in this thread as to why you feel 3 messages to new players are necessary?

50 minutes ago, Deulos said:

Okay but it sounds like you want people to join BK instead of TLE. Nobody wants to join an old played out alliance, the theme isn't funny or relevant anymore and they put a bad taste in people's mouths.

Or that we want new players to simply stay in the game instead of quitting...

Also, if you need someone to talk to with whatever personal issues you are experiencing with BK, feel free to PM me ❤️ 

• Upvote 1

I think the issue is less about the number of messages and more about the idea that multiple recruitment messages are used at all.

If it becomes standard for everyone it simply overwhelms new players with tons and tons of messages that they will start to ignore.

And those messages are basically your start into the game, your first contact with the community. If you don't have that you will simply quit the game unless you join an alliance yourself.

I personally don't think that the situation has escalated to that point yet, but i certainly think that now would be a good time to stop before it comes to that.

(Then you could also argue that purchasing 5 identical player ads to make it show up more is also a bad idea, but that's a story for another time)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

mlem.png

On 4/6/2020 at 2:44 PM, Menhera said:

If it becomes standard for everyone it simply overwhelms new players with tons and tons of messages that they will start to ignore.

True that. and thats why people are reacting in such a way. and here are people who call us kids looks at @Dr James Wilson. but well, its only a matter of time.