TLE Recruitment Tactics

Tiber

2 minutes ago, Broke said:

also poster: join bk

ok buddy

Yes, throwing in a joke "join bk" at the end of the post is the same as sending three simultaneous recruitment messages. Thank you for pointing this out so that the people can be informed when evaluating this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Broke said:

also poster: join bk

ok buddy

13 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Even just stagger it FFS. I wouldn't be posting this if you just sent a second message after an hour or two. 

That's some serious advertisement/recruitment there, worst than the spam calls I get ? 

The appropriate way would be no more than 1 message, that way the player can view the different "invitations" and not all from TLE. 

From the TI Foreign Affairs ,

Diplomat Raymond Reddington

44 minutes ago, Malleator said:

Three is a lot.

35 minutes ago, Dir. Coulson said:

That's some serious advertisement/recruitment there, worst than the spam calls I get ? 

The appropriate way would be no more than 1 message, that way the player can view the different "invitations" and not all from TLE. 

35 minutes ago, Gobi said:

3 is a lot of messages and it really isn't necessary. Everyone should just stick to one to be fair to each other and the noobs ? 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The recruitment bot I have, 3 is child's play. I could pretty easily go to 6, and that's only because my computer is trash. If I had a good one, I could have 50 going at once and just laugh and laugh and laugh.

3 hours ago, Tiber said:

To make this easier on you, BK is currently considering just saying "screw it" and sending out 32 recruitment messages (1 from each member) to every player in the game.

/s

Join BK.

4 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

unsubscribe please.

Please login to unsubscribe.

---

I accidentally left 2 messages on, felt like trash, some new player said "F U" - I cried that day. Shut off all recruitment for time to reflect on my actions and how I could do better.

Edited by Mad Max
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Epi said:

Sheepy needs to include 'recruitment messages' as an alliance perk you can just like backgrounds etc. to prevent stuff like this.

!@#$ like spammed messages are bad for the new players, and are just petty to be done by an alliance. Micros who spent a lot to get a recruitment bot in order to be competitive are basically getting shoved aside by an exploitation of the system. Having it be a perk for alliances (that still has to be worked for/funded) and banning the use of bots like these would be a good step forward.

If all these alliances got a ton of members without actually trying to be good we'd just have a whole bunch more Pantheons.

sorry, had to do one, I still luv ya panth

• Like 1

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

4 minutes ago, Matthew The Great said:

!@#$ like spammed messages are bad for the new players, and are just petty to be done by an alliance. Micros who spent a lot to get a recruitment bot in order to be competitive are basically getting shoved aside by an exploitation of the system. Having it be a perk for alliances (that still has to be worked for/funded) and banning the use of bots like these would be a good step forward.

If all these alliances got a ton of members without actually trying to be good we'd just have a whole bunch more Pantheons.

sorry, had to do one, I still luv ya panth

Fam that's exactly what the micros you're crying over are. Getting alot of members and never trying to be good. That's why they're black holes.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Fam that's exactly what the micros you're crying over are. Getting alot of members and never trying to be good. That's why they're black holes.

More talking bout midcros, middle tier AAs that have borderline competency that need better recruitment to bridge the gap. And that's why I think recruitment bots need to be a ingame mechanic locked behind some sort of mechanic wall, that way they need to be some form of competent to get them.

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

I've been saying it inside TKR halls that if TLE continues with 3 simultanious messages I will start up 5 bots. I'm sure many would follow with similar tactics soon and we'd be in a situation where new recruit would have 50-60 messages. In the end we'd get all of them bots banned.