Change City Score and Increase Military Rebuy Time to 1/4 Daily

Alex

Updating Nation Score Formula and Increasing Military Rebuy Speed (1/4 daily)  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Should city score be increased from 50 per city (after city 1) to 100 per city, along with a 1/4 rebuy per day for conventional military units?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrators

This is a near-duplicate of

I want to gauge support of the same suggestion, but with a 1/4 daily rebuy instead of 1/3.

In summary:

• Change the nation score formula so that Cities add 100 score instead of 50, and add a +10 base score to everyone
  • Change military rebuys for Soldiers, Tanks, Aircraft, and Ships such that all units are a 1/4 rebuy per day:
    • Soldiers: 5 Barracks per City, daily buy is changed from 1000 to 750 so: 750 / 3,000 Soldier recruitment per Barracks
    • Tanks: 5 Factories per City, rebuy / max is changed from 50 / 250 to 60 / 240. This means each Factory can hold 10 less Tanks each, but you can produce 60 per Factory per day (1/4 of total.)
    • Aircraft: 5 Hangars per City, rebuy / max is changed from 3 / 18 to 4 / 16. Total aircraft decreases by 10 per city, and the rate increases from 1/6 to 1/4 per day.
    • Ships: Increase from 3 Drydocks per City to 5. Instead of each Drydock holding 5 ships and recruiting one per day, each will hold 4 ships and produce 1 per day. I.E. Change from 1/5 to 1/4 but with 2 additional Drydocks per city. The rate of Ship building increases, and total max ships increases by 1 per city.

I think this change would do a lot to make war ranges more reasonable, and also to improve the ability to fight back in wars. Double-buys would allow any player to get 1/2 of their total units at a time, and I think this would enable more comebacks in wars.

Less holding-down and stomping should improve player retention and "fun" as well, in my opinion.

This suggestion is less extreme than the above linked 1/3 rebuy suggestion.

Please use the poll to indicate your support or not for this suggestion. Thank you.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

How about having all units replenish in 5 days, including soldiers?

• Haha 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Soldiers should stay at 1/3, others units 1/4 sounds fair.

Edit : After further thinking, I think 1/3 for every unit is still much better (see Vali’s posts)

Edited by Pascal
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Why was this changed so quickly when more people voted yes than no in the last one ?

Because Swamp bloc dudes were scared that we could declare when zeroed then double buy and rekt their smaller nations, they just forgot we had 3 defensive slots too and this wasn’t worth it. Farmers never change 

• Haha 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Pascal said:

Because Swamp bloc dudes were scared that we could declare when zeroed then double buy and rekt their smaller nations, they just forgot we had 3 defensive slots too and this wasn’t worth it. Farmers never change 

We need to get this vote to 89% yes then we can get it pushed back to 1/5. last vote was 64% yes and it was changed to 1/4, the more that vote yes the worst it gets lol

Changed my vote to no, as 1/3 is better than 1/4 tbh

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

5 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Why was this changed so quickly when more people voted yes than no in the last one ?

Because:
So, let's say a nation has 30 cities low infra and and 0 military - it would be around 3500 score and a 3,5k score can declare  between 2,625.00 - 6,125.00.
What I can see right now, I just found a 15 city nation that has 2,415 score(that will also jump by an extra 700 score, which would get that 15 city nation up to 3,115 score and therefore in a range of a 30 city nation(x2 the size) and literally has only 1k tanks and 1350 planes(max) 

Now a double buy of a 30 city nation would be 1800 aircraft, which would still totally smash the 15 city nation after declaring.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, SixSadistic66 said:

Because:
So, let's say a nation has 30 cities low infra and and 0 military - it would be around 3500 score and a 3,5k score can declare  between 2,625.00 - 6,125.00.
What I can see right now, I just found a 15 city nation that has 2,415 score(that will also jump by an extra 700 score, which would get that 15 city nation up to 3,115 score and therefore in a range of a 30 city nation(x2 the size) and literally has only 1k tanks and 1350 planes(max) 

Now a double buy of a 30 city nation would be 1800 aircraft, which would still totally smash the 15 city nation after declaring.

Now i know why you are leader of panth, you know the 15 city nation you picked i bet has big infra, maxed planes, ships, tanks and troops, just saying.

I totally agree with the city score range, and 1/4 sounds and certainly looks better than 1/3 that is however if military re buying planes change is really necessary.

1 minute ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Now i know why you are leader of panth, you know the 15 city nation you picked i bet has big infra, maxed planes, ships, tanks and troops, just saying.

So what most of the normal players, in top alliances have 1,8-2k infra.
We are talking about the majority here, and not 2 raiding alliances with a total of 50 players that has low infra...
And the nation I picked, only has 1k tanks max soldiers and planes and about 40 ships.. 

Edited by SixSadistic66

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
4 minutes ago, SixSadistic66 said:

I totally agree with the city score range, and 1/4 sounds and certainly looks better than 1/3 that is however if military re buying planes change is really necessary.

So what most of the normal players, in top alliances have 1,8-2k infra.
We are talking about the majority here, and not 2 raiding alliances with a total of 50 players that has low infra...
And the nation I picked, only has 1k tanks max soldiers and planes and about 40 ships.. 

how many nukes and missiles ?

The point I am making one on one the war is never fair when a high city count hit a low city count, but with these changes it would make it easier for  alliances to put raiders down if they worked together 

9 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

how many nukes and missiles ?

The point I am making one on one the war is never fair when a high city count hit a low city count, but with these changes it would make it easier for  alliances to put raiders down if they worked together 

2,415.86 Score + 700 from the city score range update = 3,115 
And a 3,115 nation score with 15 cities(and not max military, except planes and soldiers ; check pictures) would be in range of between 1,780.00 - 4,153.33.
This means the 15 city nation can be on range of at least a nation with 32-33 cities.

disnation.png

dis2.png

the 30 would be a sitting duck. There is a feature called defensive war slots, and you could fill his with 3 counters, all who have their 1/3 buy, while the whale already used his buy on dropping down

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Di Vali said:

the 30 would be a sitting duck. There is a feature called defensive war slots, and you could fill his with 3 counters, all who have their 1/3 buy, while the whale already used his buy on dropping down

Hush, this isn’t a place for people to use their brain, this is a place for bad peope to have their way with the game being made easier than what it already is

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 day rebuy is better. Yes whales will have a huge advantage in troops 1 vs 1, however if they get slotted defensively that turns it into a 1 vs 4. Those 4 nation's should easily take on a whale with coordination, which any compitent alliance can deal with. 3 day rebuy also helps with nation's constantly getting rolled over. As wars go on raiders and the drop in score of the losing side take away slots from the attacker. With how beige is structured and with a 1/3 rebuy the losing side can easily come back during round 2. 

Edited by Viselli
Grammar
  • Upvote 5

gg-fu-banner.png

^^. What alot of people are forgetting, is when its 1800 planes vs 2700, the casualty rates really arent that far off. so like, 3 20city vs 1 30 city , the 1/3 gives the 3 20s a huge adv, cause their 1/3 x 3 is greater than the whales 1/3 x 1. Basically, it breeds a war system where coordination is necessary to win. and it makes pinning enemies alot harder, however, uncoordinated efforts to rebuild planes will be a catastrophe. an absolute slaughtering of planes and other assorted units. coordination is king under the 1/3 rebuy

Edited by Di Vali
  • Upvote 4

I personally don't think 1/4 is sufficient. Currently, you're not supposed to give more than 3 days beige (50% plane buy) to your opponents, so 1/4 (50% with double buy) wouldn't provide the comeback opportunity I think this change is seeking to do.

Edited by Aether
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

23 minutes ago, Di Vali said:

^^. What alot of people are forgetting, is when its 1800 planes vs 2700, the casualty rates really arent that far off. so like, 3 20city vs 1 30 city , the 1/3 gives the 3 20s a huge adv, cause their 1/3 x 3 is greater than the whales 1/3 x 1. Basically, it breeds a war system where coordination is necessary to win. and it makes pinning enemies alot harder, however, uncoordinated efforts to rebuild planes will be a catastrophe. an absolute slaughtering of planes and other assorted units. coordination is king under the 1/3 rebuy

What you're also forgetting is that, the 3 nations with 20 cities that will attack the nation with 30 cities(Is that the nation with 30 cities also has friends over there lol)

Just now, SixSadistic66 said:

What you're also forgetting is that, the 3 nations with 20 cities that will attack the nation with 30 cities(Is that the nation with 30 cities also has friends over there lol)

There is an extremely disproportionate number of c30's vs c20's.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Look up to the sky above~