Unraidable Money and Resources Limits

Alex

I think something like $100k per city would be good. Or a set amount of like $2.5m for everyone.

For resources its not really needed as they cant be looted by ground battles, but I wouldn't mind something like 1k per resource either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

2 hours ago, Pascal said:

1 million is too much, 500k$ sounds better imo.

Aye, 500k per city would be 12.5m for me. Pretty good for unit buys, but I couldn't double buy everything with it. 

Somewhere around $100k per city would probably be ideal imo (so $500k for a 5 city, $1m for a 10 city, $2m for 20 city etc. etc.)

Res is irrelevant tbh because its beige loot + only a % that gets looted - the vast majority of your res will be intact regardless.

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Yes, indeedy, please please. 500k cash/city, 1k each resource per city, this has been suggested before and those were good numbers then too.

woah there buddy. 1k per resource for each city is a lot, may as well get rid of looting altogether.

Edited by Dryad

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

1 minute ago, Dryad said:

woah there buddy. 1k per resource for each city is a lot, may as well get rid of looting altogether.

You know what, you're right. 500 per city is more reasonable, especially if we set it up so that resource looting loots right down to that threshold instead of taking a proportion of the 'available'.

More importantly, we might also implement an economic or military penalty for losing that isn't directly tied to loot. It's been suggested elsewhere, but someone that wins a war and beiges someone else takes 10% of their production off the top. Lose 8 wars back to back and you're looking at 20% of your income going to you and your alliance taxes, with the other 80% going to the winning side?

That way there's a genuine incentive to beige alongside the improvements to the security of the underdog nations who could otherwise be budget locked ad nauseam. Better?

500 per city would be enough to keep an entire warchest safe. Imo that is way too much, but I can see upsides to it too. For raws i think it isn't needed at all to have them protected from looting.

As for looting down to that threshold, I'm not a fan of it for mainly 2 reasons:

1. It's a bit punishing for someone that happens to have billions on them, and I'm not generally against punishing such behavior but again maybe a bit too much, losing 10% of a billion is already fairly bad.

2. If multiple raiders (lets say 3) are on a target the first one to beige would get everything while the other 2 would leave empty handed and I don't like that idea.

About the economic penalty I think that it's an interesting concept, but you'd find people making their econ build as bad as possible instead of gifting 80% of income, so it would cause some weird behaviour. At the same time it may not impact the losing nation too much as their unraidable warchest is now really high and they aren't very reliant on income to fight. There is probably a lot of other things that could be said about it.

Edited by Dryad

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

2 hours ago, Dryad said:

500 per city would be enough to keep an entire warchest safe. Imo that is way too much, but I can see upsides to it too. For raws i think it isn't needed at all to have them protected from looting.

As for looting down to that threshold, I'm not a fan of it for mainly 2 reasons:

1. It's a bit punishing for someone that happens to have billions on them, and I'm not generally against punishing such behavior but again maybe a bit too much, losing 10% of a billion is already fairly bad.

2. If multiple raiders (lets say 3) are on a target the first one to beige would get everything while the other 2 would leave empty handed and I don't like that idea.

About the economic penalty I think that it's an interesting concept, but you'd find people making their econ build as bad as possible instead of gifting 80% of income, so it would cause some weird behaviour. At the same time it may not impact the losing nation too much as their unraidable warchest is now really high and they aren't very reliant on income to fight. There is probably a lot of other things that could be said about it.

Uh, your warchest maybe. 12.5k of every resource would be like 20% of my warchest requirements in any decent Alliance. 20%, *at best*. 12.5k of unlootable at c25 will NOT last long at all.

Your warchest is 62.5k of each resource? Wow I'll remember that one for future targetting. 8.75k of each refined is a pretty decent loot.

Edited by Dryad
  • Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

28 minutes ago, Dryad said:

Your warchest is 62.5k of each resource? Wow I'll remember that one for future targetting. 8.75k of each refined is a pretty decent loot.

Uh, it is for most alliances? You realize most major AAs require 3000+ of each per city right? Or are you like the utterly clueless arrghies who've never stepped foot outside their bubble?

I'm not surprised no, I have gotten some good loot thanks to it. Doesn't make it good that it's standard though, it's very lolzie. 62.5k alu was enough to buy 20k planes when the cost was 3 alu per plane, i'm very curious on the logic behind that being needed but its certainly not a problem for me that people do it. Its especially funny with people trying to get beiged though like it's always a good thing. You could like practice frequent withdrawing instead or something.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

Just now, Dryad said:

I'm not surprised no, I have gotten some good loot thanks to it. Doesn't make it good that it's standard though, it's very lolzie. 62.5k alu was enough to buy 20k planes when the cost was 3 alu per plane, i'm very curious on the logic behind that being needed but its certainly not a problem for me that people do it. Its especially funny with people trying to get beiged though like it's always a good thing. You could like practice frequent withdrawing instead or something.

It's a good standard, what isn't is people keeping it all on them. I typically do during peace time if I have it, but the second the DEFCON raises most of it goes to the bank. In the past I've stuck that what they had me do in TEst and always kept half in the bank.

Lots of people keep it on them though, and even in war I'd still need more than 12.5k to function for a round more than likely.

When I said warchest I was referring to what people keep on their nation. Obviously you will want a lot more than 12.5k for each nation in your alliance bank.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png