Change City Score and Increase Military Rebuy Time to 1/3 Daily

Alex

Updating Nation Score Formula and Increasing Military Rebuy Speed  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Should city score be increased from 50 per city (after city 1) to 100 per city, along with a 1/3 rebuy per day for conventional military units?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Don't these two changes basically cancel each other out?  So by increasing the city score its harder to down declare, but by making it so we can rebuy 1/3rd everyday, you have now made it much easier to down declare.

Well, the score change limits who you can down-declare on to people closer to the number of cities you have. Which is a good idea because it's not really fair for someone with 10 cities to fight someone with 18 cities.

The change to military recruitment makes down-declaring more effective I suppose, in that there's less of a disadvantage to doing so. But it does more than that - it makes it easier for anyone to fight back in any war, and it removes some of the "first strike" advantage that really penalizes people if they're inactive and get attacked, or if 3 people all attack them at once.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Seems pretty fine to me, I think you could safely go above 100 score per city even, depends how locked down you want the tiers to be. Total lockdown would probably be 250-300, where it's tier vs tier (upper vs upper, whale vs whale, mid vs mid, low vs low), it'd probably actually lock them down so hard it'd be more like high mid vs high mid, but you get the point.

I think some more fancy numbers for how big of downdecs can be gotten with this at 100 wouldn't be a bad idea. Too low a number with 2/3 rebuy double buys means a single c36 can stalemate/hold/occupy like 5 or more nation's half its own size with a suicide drop.

dont change both at once. change the city score and see how that changes wars. also i think someone way pointing out that if you can rebuy 1/3rd of your troops a high city count nation could drop 1/3rd of there troops then declare and buy them all back up. making cities worth 150 or even more would mitigate that some.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Proximity said:

Same, I think that cities should be weighed even more on nation score, but recruitment rates should stay the same

Then beige needs to be entirely reworked, which I'd be fine with, but I understand why Alex prefers this solution. It's alot easier to implement, and while it changes war strategy it doesn't require him to basically rebuild the war system. ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, This Fckn Guy said:

Maybe raise recruitment rate to 1/4, instead of such a drastic change. That'd be enough to change the dynamic while still making a double buy worth only half your total, instead of 2/3

Yeah, I agree.

Defo agree with score increase, maybe even by 150,

but for balancing combat i dont think increasing rebuys is the way to go, would recommend nerfing planes slightly instead.

the suggested idea here just makes buying planes an even more viable strat than it already is, and its already considered optimal

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, This Fckn Guy said:

Fark's boot on your neck got you salty eh? 

2 minutes ago, Pascal said:

How’s it related to the current war ?

Please keep in-game politics out of the suggestions forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Veins disagreeing says all you need to know about what this change would do. Him and the rest of mythic are known for having a massive city count and very low infra. It makes them very effective at raiding smaller nations. By doubling the rebuy, you'd only make it even easier for them to do so as it would completely mitigate the need for a standing army, which is about the only thing giving the dramatically smaller nations they target a fighting chance. 

And the warning? Worth it. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I'm not sure if there's going to be a huge change in downdeclaring if aircraft can be maxed at 3 days,
Example : A nation with 35 cities can have 3,150 planes max.
If it only took 3 days to max, it means a double buy would be around 2100 planes therefore still a huge amount of planes, I agree the comebacks in war would be happening more often but as said above this only profits the high tiers, low infra pirates. 

9bc5bf541aa4871f3f94e79ccc779491.png
From the looks of it, there are already alot of people who are keen on this, this will not only make the game more fast paced, interesting and strategical, but wars will last shorters meaning we wont have an dial up 2.0. 100% should go forward with this.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SixSadistic66 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if there's going to be a huge change in downdeclaring if aircraft can be maxed at 3 days,
Example : A nation with 35 cities can have 3,150 planes max.
If it only took 3 days to max, it means a double buy would be around 2100 planes therefore still a huge amount of planes, I agree the comebacks in war would be happening more often but as said above this only profits the high tiers, low infra pirates. 

No because increasing city score will prevent us from downdeclaring as easily as before on nation with less cities.

• Upvote 2