[DoW] And they want Corona

Henrik

As world is in panic of the Coronavirus. Our members in quarantine who don't want any conflict while we dealing with some bigger than a Micro Alliance. Knights Templar searching for the Coronavirus? You have come to glorious birth country of the virus. We will hug and cough on every KT member trying to interrupt our quarantine time.

Hail Corona!

b90ba118c0d34d169ed49cfbb40b2d31_18.jpg

Edited by Norge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like jokes about Corona Virus to just lower my stress about it and feel good but this seems to be made in bad taste imo. This is only a game and we shouldn't mix serious rl events with the game...

• Upvote 4

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

I don't understand, Norge is in Ming, yet Ming is the one being attacked. Shouldn't the thread title have RoH instead of DoW?

Why is the OP so incoherent? At first I thought this was an unauthorized post from some rando in Ming, but it's actually the leader??

Is Ming actually a Chinese speaking alliance, but they have to post here in their second language to comply with rules???

Anyway, good luck to all parties.

• Upvote 5

Love you

@Malleator Yes and sorta, it was written by an Asian and English isn't his first language.

@Maia Sorry that you feel that way. I believe I can speak for the alliance, but there was no ill intent behind it at all. Should have it been posted better? Yes. Should have it been worded better? Yes. My main objective from all of this is that I hope the alliance takes this opportunity KT has given us and learn from it, whether it be war coordination, war mechanics, or forum posting. If anybody is offended by this post, we apologize.

In the meantime, I am on vacation in Hawaii, DM me if there are any other concerns or if you want a souvenir.

Roman Empire

4 hours ago, Maia said:

I like jokes about Corona Virus to just lower my stress about it and feel good but this seems to be made in bad taste imo. This is only a game and we shouldn't mix serious rl events with the game...

I agree with this; people are genuinely afraid for very good reasons right now and that's exactly the wrong time to make that kind of joke.

14 minutes ago, Trajan said:

@Malleator Yes and sorta, it was written by an Asian and English isn't his first language.

@Maia Sorry that you feel that way. I believe I can speak for the alliance, but there was no ill intent behind it at all. Should have it been posted better? Yes. Should have it been worded better? Yes. My main objective from all of this is that I hope the alliance takes this opportunity KT has given us and learn from it, whether it be war coordination, war mechanics, or forum posting. If anybody is offended by this post, we apologize.

In the meantime, I am on vacation in Hawaii, DM me if there are any other concerns or if you want a souvenir.

Well, I for one hope that your alliance comes out of this stronger as well. The joke is... forgivable and IMO allowed by the rules, if plain unfunny. Good luck with the war~

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I agree with this; people are genuinely afraid for very good reasons right now and that's exactly the wrong time to make that kind of joke.

Well, I for one hope that your alliance comes out of this stronger as well. The joke is... forgivable and IMO allowed by the rules, if plain unfunny. Good luck with the war~

No they aren't. The flu is far more terrifying than this. Infact, unless you're elderly or have other respiratory issues, it's mostly just an inconvenience.

You wanna talk about not mixing IRL with game, let's not spread fearmongering about IRL either, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

No they aren't. The flu is far more terrifying than this. Infact, unless you're elderly or have other respiratory issues, it's mostly just an inconvenience.

You wanna talk about not mixing IRL with game, let's not spread fearmongering about IRL either, thanks.

The flu has an effective vaccine. Yes it is more lethal statistically, but covid-19 does not have an effective vaccine, does not have a reliable test, can and has appeared seemingly entirely at random no matter how little exposure one thinks they have, and in case you hadn't noticed elderly people have loved ones too, ones who are by your own arguments justly scared right now.

I will acknowledge that the recovery rate is high, but there are critical differences between this and the flu that I'd prefer you didn't so callously deny.

• Upvote 5

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
7 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

The flu has an effective vaccine. Yes it is more lethal statistically, but covid-19 does not have an effective vaccine, does not have a reliable test, can and has appeared seemingly entirely at random no matter how little exposure one thinks they have, and in case you hadn't noticed elderly people have loved ones too, ones who are by your own arguments justly scared right now.

I will acknowledge that the recovery rate is high, but there are critical differences between this and the flu that I'd prefer you didn't so callously deny.

the flu Vaccine is only 60% chance of working, not sure i would call that effective.

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

18 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

And yet, despite this vaccine, the flu is more prevalent, and more deadly to more people, not just those whose bodies are literally already failing and continue to be alive only because humans have unlocked what is basically magic to go tell god to shove it for 2 more decades.

Sorry mate, but there is literally no way to cut the cake you want here because that cake does not exist. That it kills seniors more is frankly irrelevant, the flu kills even more of them than it does, and that's despite having a moderately effective vaccine. 

Keep fearmongering though, I'm sure people panicking and shutting down society is totally better for everyone including the patients, and not actually just magnifying the damage being done by overreacting like morons.