Bank Hiding/Changing name of Alliance

Wendell

Add this to top 10 dumbest reports of the year.

Edited by Denison
Warned for defending myself by calling it a dumb report, feels communism man.
  • Like 1

Janny Larpers

14 hours ago, CandyShi said:

This is clearly a weak attempt to use moderation to get bank loot, as anyone with a pair of eyes can see that a new alliance was created.

I'm sure you already knew that  Alex did discuss alliance bank hiding using a variety of methods and his ways of stopping it. Also I'm not sure where you get "using moderation to get bank loot" from. He's avoiding his bank being looted by creating and leaving alliances everytime he feels he'll lose a war. I feel your evidence suggests that he is doing this.

11 hours ago, Thalmor said:

What is being reported is not against the rules and so this report should be dismissed.

I feel like the above is against the rules so by game policy I have reported it.

2 hours ago, Deulos said:

I'm sure you already knew that  Alex did discuss alliance bank hiding using a variety of methods and his ways of stopping it. Also I'm not sure where you get "using moderation to get bank loot" from. He's avoiding his bank being looted by creating and leaving alliances everytime he feels he'll lose a war. I feel your evidence suggests that he is doing this.

I feel like the above is against the rules so by game policy I have reported it.

It does not matter how you feel. What matters is what the rules state. There is no rule against 'bouncing' banks between alliances to avoid losing loot. This has been a common practice across dozens of alliances for years. Not once as Alex ever said it was against the rules nor taken action against it.

new_forum_sig_2.png

13 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

It does not matter how you feel. What matters is what the rules state. There is no rule against 'bouncing' banks between alliances to avoid losing loot. This has been a common practice across dozens of alliances for years. Not once as Alex ever said it was against the rules nor taken action against it.

The rules state if you feel like a game rule or suspicious actions are occurring it is our duty to report it.

Just because everyone does it, doesn't make it ethical. I'll let Alex decide which action to take though.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Doing an actual alliance name change (which you pay for with Credits) won't prevent bank looting.

Deleting your alliance and creating a new one is not against the rules. Transfer of money / resources this way can also be prevented with a blockade.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Doing an actual alliance name change (which you pay for with Credits) won't prevent bank looting.

Deleting your alliance and creating a new one is not against the rules. Transfer of money / resources this way can also be prevented with a blockade.

Well I posted this in tech support and someone told me that I didn't get the alliance bank loot because that alliance no longer existed. I looked and Denison deleted the alliance and created a new one right before he was beiged. So it's either a bug or some sort of exploit Denison used to cause his alliance bank not be looted.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Deulos said:

Well I posted this in tech support and someone told me that I didn't get the alliance bank loot because that alliance no longer existed. I looked and Denison deleted the alliance and created a new one right before he was beiged. So it's either a bug or some sort of exploit Denison used to cause his alliance bank not be looted.

You didn't get alliance loot because the alliance you were trying to loot (the one the nation was in at the start of the war) no longer existed, therefore there was nothing to loot.

Deleting an alliance and creating a new one isn't against the rules. You might question the ethics of the tactic, but it is a common one. But, it can be prevented with blockades.

• Haha 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

You didn't get alliance loot because the alliance you were trying to loot (the one the nation was in at the start of the war) no longer existed, therefore there was nothing to loot.

Deleting an alliance and creating a new one isn't against the rules. You might question the ethics of the tactic, but it is a common one. But, it can be prevented with blockades.

Wow, interesting...

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
3 hours ago, Alex said:

Sorry for posting here and i am sure i will get a warning in time however Bank to bank is not blocked by a bloackade, most would have someone else setup the offshore send the stuff bank to bank and then join the new alliance

I personally think its about time a nation thats blockaded can not send rrs or cash from the bank