Name Global War 14

Sketchy

Name Global War 14  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What should the name of the war be?

• Clouds Burst War
    • Black Out
    • Endgame
    • Brave and Beautiful BK's Confidence Building Exercise
    • Great Lag War
    • Dial Up War
    • Quality vs Quantity
    • Brave and Beautiful War
    • NPO's Last Time
    • The Laggy War
    • Taking Out the Garbage War
    • Pacific Theatre
    • The Devastation of Orbis

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/20 at 12:00 PM

Since its been so long and the wiki page still has the same name, I've gone ahead and collected the names and put them in a poll. There was quire a few repeats and names that were almost identical so semi-duplicates were added based on most upvotes.

Given how long its been now since the war concluded, I've set the poll to ~ 4 days. 

Options are multiple choice, 5 most popular names will be included in a runoff poll to decide what the name of the war is.

• Upvote 6

XLL3z4T.gif

37 minutes ago, Ragnarok8085 said:

It was called The Dial Up War, literally since the first 2 weeks of the war, what is the point in changing it now?

The point is that was always a placeholder name chosen due to frustration regarding the servers lagging out in the first two weeks of the war. Since that describes only 1/16th of the war's duration, and less than 1/100th of the war's drama, it is therefore an awfully misleading and bad name to give it.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Given the almost double vote count, a runoff poll probably won't be necessary. The wiki will be updated to reflect the most popular vote on this poll.

I dare say that a runoff of the top 3 would be appropriate considering that multiple options were allowed in this one. "NPO's last time" might have been something like everyone's 2nd or 3rd choice, y'know?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I dare say that a runoff of the top 3 would be appropriate considering that multiple options were allowed in this one. "NPO's last time" might have been something like everyone's 2nd or 3rd choice, y'know?

Fair enough, although I doubt the outcome will be different with that much of a lead I will do the runoff poll anyway.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

1 minute ago, Sketchy said:

You should be able to view them?

-snip-

Nope. This is what it looks like for me. I am on mobile though. Maybe on desktop it's fine. I'll check later.

Screenshot_20200311-100704.thumb.png.ed10d68c2bc917f6b8729ded864c650a.png

new_forum_sig_2.png

Just now, Thalmor said:

Nope. This is what it looks like for me. I am on mobile though. Maybe on desktop it's fine. I'll check later.

The poll is closed, perhaps if you didn't vote when it was open it won't let you view the results? Not sure what other reason there would be.

Runoff poll is here: 

XLL3z4T.gif

Guest Zephyr
11 hours ago, Thalmor said:

Screenshot_20200311-100704.thumb.png.ed10d68c2bc917f6b8729ded864c650a.png

On desktop it looks like this (I voted)...smBpEXh.png