Project Idea: High-speed Military Communications

Thalmor

Cost: $7,000,000, 1,000 aluminum, 500 gasoline

Effect: Provides 1 additional MAP each update, excluding the one next in line after declaring war if the war is offensive. Successful enemy attacks do 2 more resistance damage.

Description: Installs a network of high-speed internet and radio cables throughout the nation, making it quicker for the nation's military to organize. Unfortunately, these can be knocked out if attacked, plunging affected areas into chaos. 

Analysis: This is a simple project to increase the number of MAPs one can get. Downsides are that the bonus doesn't apply during blitzes (essentially), and the enemy chips away at more resistance. This is to balance it out; you suffer increased resistance damage in exchange for more MAPs. The project is also on the cheap end of things because I feel like this is a project that isn't 'essential' and one that players may want to switch between having and not having. 

Author's Note: Very little thought went into this, so maybe numbers can be switched around or altered. Honestly, I just wanted to started a discussion about ways to increase MAP generation. 

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Eh, the games war mechanics are already broken by being able to wipe military units pretty quickly. I still very much dislike that you can go to sleep and wake up with most your military wiped and this really just increases the issue.

• Upvote 3

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I'd have to agree with Keegoz here and not just for the added speed towards wiping military: Remember that beige is something that alliances desperately want in alliance warfare, so the 'penalty' is really the greater part of the projects' bonuses.