Turning an utter failure into a pyrrhic/moderate

Cypher

What were you doing (or trying to do): launch multiple ground attacks consecutively 

What happened (describe thoroughly please): what I normally do when attempting multiple attacks is refresh the page. It’s quicker than going back to the war page, dropping down to the list of attacks and launching them. Repeating them over and over again can cost valuable seconds that will allow m opponent to rebuild.

However this time I did something different, instead of refreshing, I went back a page to the ground attack page and launched. My first ground attack, an utter failure, second a moderate. I went to check their nation page to see how many ground units they had left and to see if it was worth doing an air strike instead. Come to my surprise that no actual units were damaged and that I still had all my MAPs. Suspicious of this, I launched another ground attack however I went straight to the war screen instead of going back. My Pyrrhic victory ground attack stuck around this time. I’m unsure what actually happened but the game somehow skipped through two GAs. 

While writing this ticket, I’ve realised I have an extra MAP. I was hoarding them all, expecting peace but got nothing. According to the war time line I launched a ground attack and two airstrikes. This should have taken 11 MAPs, instead it took 10 and I have 2 MAPs currently. 

Link to page: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=611748

Any other relevant information: I’m unsure if I’ll be able to recreate this again but I’ve made a thread in case if either bugs happens to anyone else

Screenshot: (if available)

• Administrators

That's very strange. I will investigate, thank you for reporting and if something like this happens again please do let me know.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's very strange. I will investigate, thank you for reporting and if something like this happens again please do let me know.

Bug happened to me recently with a Ground Attack as well. I turned a Moderate Success into an Immense Triumph if I remember correctly. I thought this was simply in relation to you attempting to stop people from duplicating attacks, as is what happened during the war.

Edited by Aether

Look up to the sky above~

Just had this bug happen again. In this war (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=614158) I did a naval, the first time I got a moderate success, but when I checked back on my ship count, I still had the same amount and checked back to the war to see I still had my maps. I did the battle again, got an immense triumph, which I mean, can't complain about, but I think this should get patched.

Edited by Aether
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

• 2 weeks later...

Just had it myself, more noticeable than the normal this time (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=617857) I had 3maps, I did my GA and got a Pyrrhic, after I went to my city pages to spend the money on land, then went back again and had 3 Maps still and was able to launch another GA this time a moderate @Alex

-SAXON-

-Warband Leader of the Nordic Sea Raiders-

Niflheimr%20riki.png

• Administrators

So what's happening is that the initial attack just isn't being recorded. It's only a coincidence that you're getting lucky and doing better the second time you try it.

Why this is happening is still unclear and we haven't been able to fix it yet, but it's not a major issue because essentially nothing happens other than that the would-be results are shown. Still working on resolving it though, it's hard to test because it's hard to duplicate. Please continue to let us know when it's happening so that we know it's still an issue.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link