Nuclear Research Facility Vs. Space Program

Rowbot

After the addition of the Space program national improvement I have been debating whether or not it is still worth it to build the nuclear research facility, for a few reasons:

1 Subsequent Programs unlocked
The Spy satellite requires this, and as it stands, it seems to be one of the more valuable projects for Established and developed nations to me, In addition, the moon landing, while not very practical on a Statistics side does let other players know you are dedicated to the game and not to be taken lightly in wars,  that you feel you are strong enough to sacrifice a project spot for fame.

2 Raiders and damages
Quite simply put, using nuclear weapons on raiders is a waste, the costs of making a nuke and the time it takes to gather enough military points make it such an inefficient weapon against 1000-1300 infra raiders, the resources you could have been spending on planes or ships are instead wasted in a one off that is ultimately not a problem for experienced raiders with the bank of their AA behind them, sure you might make the war non profitable, but it's often better to blockade them and starve them out. (IMO)

3 Developed nations
Nukes have similar problems when used in conventional non raiding warfare, the Enemies you will be facing will have significant economy in all of their cities, again likely with their AA's bank behind them, you would have to navaly blockade them before even thinking about a nuclear strike, and maintaining a blockade long enough to launch a nuke would be almost impossible against anybody with half a brain, meaning by the time you launch that nuke, your war score would likely be nearing the red, and as well, they are expensive and require valuable aluminium that would be better used in planes.

4 Missiles are cool
'nuff said

If I'm wrong, or you disagree on any of these points, please enlighten me.

1 hour ago, Rowbot said:

snipped

I'd say Space Program is probably more valuable. Missiles have more utility and versatility than nukes and Spy satellite is a good project to acquire. Personally, I think Moon Landing is a waste of money, resources, and a project slot but it's ultimately your prerogative whether or not to invest.

• Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~