2/19/2020 - Timezone Adjustment Settings

Alex

What if we're on a different calendar, daylight savings, or currently working on the International Space Station?

• Haha 1

Cant find anything to see someone's time zone. Could probably guess it from the api by seeing when they rebuy units in the past.

Not sure if it would have been better to allow X% rebuys each turn, and have that accumulate up to a day.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

What if we're on a different calendar, daylight savings, or currently working on the International Space Station?

You'll just have to pick the setting that's the best fit for you :P

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

49 minutes ago, Borg said:

Not sure if it would have been better to allow X% rebuys each turn, and have that accumulate up to a day.

This would be a better solution for us players, but whether it can be easily coded is a completely different story. Being able to set your own update time is a nice change though.

Though personally, I'll probably be setting it for a different timezone to where I live, so that update is in the 8-10pm range for me.

54 minutes ago, Vanek26 said:

Is there any indicator of which cycle someone is on. This is sort of something you need to know about whom you are fighting. 

I'll second this. In wars we don't really have the time to wait 24 hours to find out when they buy military.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Thank you for implementing this!  This has been a much needed change and makes the game both fairer to people in different time zones and with different schedules as well.  It also makes wars more dynamic and unpredictable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

I like this change Alex, but I think it would be better if you put timezone changes on a 5 day timer instead of having it cost a credit. That'd allow for greater strategy and unpredictability in wars without allowing for quadruple updates or breaking the bank.

• Upvote 3

BrOQBND.jpg

2 hours ago, Vanek26 said:

Is there any indicator of which cycle someone is on. This is sort of something you need to know about whom you are fighting. 

I agree.  Though it could be interesting to try to figure out... maybe make it something you can find out with gather intelligence?

1 hour ago, Theobius said:

Now make military units far more durable, otherwise this is just another step towards favoring the aggressor/blitz side of any war. And that's already as OP as it can get.

It makes it easier to blitz but it also makes it easier to counter-blitz.  Right now if someone gets a blitz in on you before update and you aren't on, they effectively get an extra day of buying units before update on you, and then have an advantage buying units the next day.  Your 2nd daily buy of units happens as the same time as their 3rd day of buying units.

With this change, if they blitz you before their day change, and you have a different day change, you'll have an opportunity for a double buy before they do, and get your 2nd days buy before they get their 3rd day's buy.

• Upvote 3
GnWq7CW.png

It may help with people living overseas but I reckon majority of alliances will mandate a specific timezone to ensure easier blitzs.

I also second the necessity to know others update time, maybe when you declare war this information becomes available so you can't necessarily declare on them based on their update time but so the defender and aggressor alike can strategize around each others times. Az may have nailed it down though, might be something that intelligence could uncover.  

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

If this is changed to a cooldown instead of credits then I'm sure a lot of people would be happier with this change...but from what I see most people (particularly alliance leaders and milcom) are pretty upset with this change because it completely screws milcom up. Can we implement a cooldown ? Even if it's 20 days, then if you want to change it within that cooldown make that cost 1 credit.

Everytime a member wants to change an alliance they will have to buy a credit to swap time zones to the alliances standard, and that's a little unrealistic. 

• Upvote 3

Better yet, nerf update as a thing so this discussion isn't one that defines milcom.

You should not have your military be able to be wiped whilst you sleep.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

8 hours ago, Justin076 said:

It may help with people living overseas...........

My friend, I am here, it is you who is overseas!!

Seriously though, this is a good change!  I don't think we should automatically know when our opponent's update is, a bit of unpredictability that isn't RNG is a good thing.  This hopefully will be a useful and challenging dynamic that will make war that much more interesting.

Celer Et Audax

3 hours ago, Etatsorp said:

My friend, I am here, it is you who is overseas!!

Seriously though, this is a good change!  I don't think we should automatically know when our opponent's update is, a bit of unpredictability that isn't RNG is a good thing.  This hopefully will be a useful and challenging dynamic that will make war that much more interesting.

I agree. This is a good opportunity for spies(real people) to getting intel about alliance time zone. Some alliances will be organised some don't which is great imo.

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

You best buy more credits. Somebody's gotta step up now that the main donators to the game (IQ) pissed off to somewhere else. 

18 minutes ago, Fien Zinfi said:

You best buy more credits. Somebody's gotta step up now that the main donators to the game (IQ) pissed off to somewhere else. 

Why do I doubt that the alliances that ran 100/100 contributed the most to the game(in terms of irl $$$)?

Edited by Mr. Goober