The Future

Kastor

45 minutes ago, Kastor said:

-Shorter, more frequent wars. Limit to 1-2 rounds, there is no need to pound alliances.

I will concede NPO had a point to arguing against this one. This favors larger nations, a revamp of mechanics is needed if we ever want this to be possible and allow for a reasonably fair fight.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

A lot also just boils to "Dont take it all too seriously and dont go overboard being a douchenozzle'.

Also if you decide to be a douchenozzle, at least be a funny one.

Are you claiming to be funny?

• Haha 3

Look up to the sky above~

Nice post and it highlights a lot of important things.

I'd like to add a few points to this though

-Old players should join newer alliances to help them grow. This not only eases growth of these new micros but also gives them large amounts of exposure to what larger alliances would normally do.

-Do not look down on micros. And do not try to kill them. Respect people who are trying to build up on their own small communities.

-Respect everyone. Teach everyone. Learn from everyone. Dont use the "Join my alliance to know more". Teach them, impress them so that they willingly join your alliance.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Tymeier said:

You mean Belka did nothing wrong ; )

I do believe you mean Clarke did nothing wrong. Otherwise great post, though I disagree with a handful of points it does speak volumes.

Edited by Daveth

1766851229_Signature(3).png.67758028f91a00025c4519db1afddca6.png

16 minutes ago, AntMan said:

-Old players should join newer alliances to help them grow. This not only eases growth of these new micros but also gives them large amounts of exposure to what larger alliances would normally do.

-Do not look down on micros. And do not try to kill them. Respect people who are trying to build up on their own small communities.

-Respect everyone. Teach everyone. Learn from everyone. Dont use the "Join my alliance to know more". Teach them, impress them so that they willingly join your alliance.

This, you can compete without destroying your competition. 

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Well written and worded and I agree. Hope this opportunity doesn’t get squandered into a chance to set up two new mega spheres again. Maybe just maybe we will get a few smaller spheres out of this. Probably not, but we can hope.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Secure. Contain. Protect.

5E64D7A3-C94A-437C-B065-38CB4D07C484.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Kastor said:

This, you can compete without destroying your competition. 

The point is

You cant compete without competition.

The more competition, the more fun the competition is

Just now, Keegoz said:

I feel like you telling others that they shouldn't tell you how to play the game, you're telling us how to play the game.

Stop telling me how to tell others to play the game!

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

Players have a choice in regards to an alliances tax structure.  Some follow the 100/100, some dont’t.

That should have nothing to do with the future of the game.

Personally, it’s one of the better tax structures in this game because the leaders can reallocate resources in a timely manner where they’re needed most.  But not everybody follows that, which is ok.

Its all about trusting your leaders though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, AntMan said:

Players shouldn't feel obligated to help a mirco get exposure. When you create a mirco you should be self aware. It's up to you to choose a nurturing protector and understand your limitations. We cannot create a culture for you nor should anyone hold your hand. Just don't be another Sean Anthony and learn from your mistakes.

• Upvote 2

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

UnevenFloweryBonobo-size_restricted.gif

>NPO ruined everything

Remember how Shifty in classic BK warned about this?

Once again, Shifty is right.

Don't tax your members 100/100, their job as members of your alliance is to play the game and create a community within it, it isn't to give all their power and resources to you for you to play the game against 15 other people.  True, but some members are never going to be more than tax farms.

-Feel free to explore new alliances, but only do it if you feel like you can strengthen your community. Yeah, but alot of people are tied due to OoC friendships or simply other alliances aren't on par to actually be ally worthy.

-Shorter, more frequent wars. Limit to 1-2 rounds, there is no need to pound alliances. How many times do we need to teach you this lesson old man?

-Let grudges die after 1-2 wars, don't have huge lasting rivalries against a portion of the game. Grudges/rematches are actually fun.

-Reshuffle allies every 6-12 months, don't go into the year with the same people you ended the previous with. Again, not every alliance is worthy.

-Be open to working with people you normally wouldn't. Not everyone gets along, oh well.

-Bring back Paperless Yes

-Top tier alliances should refrain from allying each other and never impeding their growth. Of course, they should be rivals. Allying is just weakness, hoping you can wait til the other alliance slowly dies before you.

-Never serve your alliance as leader for more than 12-24 months. If you've been the leader for years, you're doing it wrong. I've been saying this for years. It's always the same people creating the same plots and wars. Why I started SNN, to sabotage that.

-Stop signing massive amounts of treaties as deterrents. Those used to be a good meme and looked down upon. Agreed.

-Stop hitting Protectorates when you fight their protector. Nah, that's some delicious salt and drama.