UN??

Lury

4 hours ago, Lury said:

Ive been thinking of this idea since I created my nation, Why not a weekly meeting with all FA from AA's. This meeting will talk about issues around Orbis. You can choose to participate in the meeting or not. Its basically the UN of Orbis, The main idea behind this would try to aim to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.  With G14 almost over, this would prevent something like that to ever break out again.

someone prob already created something like this but its worth a shot.

@Lury You have noble aims but it ain't right for the game. It would be wise to acknowledge that Politics and War has politics that is completely different to real life. In real life, the goals of the UN are:
image.png.b9476d1c73a68a76f8e6e2bb28d119c6.png
In this game, we are not pursuing such aims. War and rivalry are essential to keeping this game going. Having eternal peace and harmony(which is the main aim of a UN) would simply lead to boredom and a lack of action. Of course, toxic relationships are not healthy, however people can still be friendly whilst having a nice war with each-other. And let's be honest, NPO, BK and GOONS are gone. Toxicity levels have declined. I personally see that a UN would be unnecessary.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though.

Edited by Kosta
Removed picture.
  • Upvote 2

I wouldn't be against this if its only to identify "war crimes" and prevent those. i dont know what could even constitute as war crimes in a game though. Maybe preventing the losing side from surrendering but that's only one thing.  

Preventing war or nuclear war even is against the nature of the game and the wishes of most of the community.  

But I'd rather be permarolled into dust than never fight a war again, why else play the game if not to eventually do some pvp? 

Edited by Canada2
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone been keeping count of how many UN alliances/blocs have been made? It’s gotta be in the double digits by now.

Edited by Samuel Bates
Forgot word I am big stupid

Secure. Contain. Protect.

5E64D7A3-C94A-437C-B065-38CB4D07C484.jpeg

Peace is boring. All a UN would serve is another forum for various leaders to politically posture. They can already do that on here.

This was tried already with OWLs, and the only good part of that was watching world leaders slap each other in real time rather than with screened carefully worded walls of text on the forums.

On that note we clearly need someone to make a discord thunder dome where in times of conflict PR/FA people can challenge each other to a war of words while the rest of us watch on in amusement.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

XLL3z4T.gif

Aren't the forums the de facto UN? We all gather here, disagree about everything, then return to our respective discords to illegally distribute scanlations to power our forceful subjugation of the rest of the game to our will plot.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:51 PM, souparmon said:

you obviously don't me or my history. 

I wanted to wait till today to reply. 

You are right, I don't know your history. But isn't it a little weird? Your alliance goes to war with a higher tier alliance. Yet you, the highest nation in the alliance, have not declared any offensive wars. 

Those actions do not resemble those of a pixel hugger at all, no sir! 

Hey mate, will save the mean comments. This has been tried before, and has failed everytime. I'll join, not as FA but to see how well you do it. And watch the fireworks if it and when it fails. 

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg