UN??

Lury

Just now, Fiji God said:

Can't see this lasting, since a lot of the game aren't a fan of pixel huggers.

oh thats why i said you can choose to participate

Just now, Akuryo said:

Your idea is moronic. If you had any sense at all you'd have realized 1000 other clueless micro noobs tried the same thing.

Nobody needs nor wants a UN here.

can you read the 2nd last sentence

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lury said:

The main idea behind this would try to aim to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.

image.png.fe1413eb567e9d73d312046944fe9cbb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

unknown_3_1_65.png

The whole idea of unity is good, but only in the sense of promoting non-toxic war as opposed to opposing war entirely. I've been thinking about it and I'll try and draft up a proper proposal for a large scale 'fair wars' initiative, there's a lot of benefits to be had by micros, larger alliances, banks and radio shows alike if there's enough support for it.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Abbas Mehdi said:

Alright guys lets hear him out. Maybe he is onto something here. What if we give every UN member veto powers? 

Imagine top 50 getting veto, all with different viewpoints and opposing sides. I don't see how that could go wrong at all...

• Upvote 1

The most recent war went on for way too long and ended with both sides making more sacrifices than desired, but in general you want war because it boosts activity, brings your alliance/bloc/sphere together, tells you who you can count on, and creates great propaganda. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

Can I be head of the UN?

But in all honesty, I'd support this just because it'd be fun to see the fireworks that'd emerge right before and during the next global.

Edited by Paradise

1 hour ago, Lury said:

Ive been thinking of this idea since I created my nation, Why not a weekly meeting with all FA from AA's. This meeting will talk about issues around Orbis. You can choose to participate in the meeting or not. Its basically the UN of Orbis, The main idea behind this would try to aim to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.  With G14 almost over, this would prevent something like that to ever break out again.

someone prob already created something like this but its worth a shot.

pls downvote

download.png

This woulld end up in simply Large Coalitions that dont agree just saying

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Paradise said:

Can I be head of the UN?

But in all honesty, I'd support this just because it'd be fun to see the fireworks that'd emerge right before and during the next global.

In 2017 I tried to run a UN thing called OWLS (Orbis World Leader Summit). I think I started it because politics were uncertain and muddy after Trail of Tiers and the idea got pitched to me of getting all alliance leaders together and just talking.

Ultimately, nothing came out of it, and all parties agreed to disagree on their grievances. The only thing that did happen was that there were a lot of slap fights and arguing that was fun to watch. UN stuff doesn't work because they don't solve any problems or fulfil any needs. There's nothing an organized UN can do that players can't already do on their own. 

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png