Regarding the message captcha

Exar Kun -George

So @Alex while i want to move away from player owned bots, i dont think disabling them without a built in system is a good idea, not to mention the other messaging systems people use

Id suggest immediately adding a exemption for all nations over a year until you can build in a recruiting system 

Edited by George
  • Upvote 2

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

• Administrators

In CN recruitment officials set up recruitment lists and got their members to participate in sending out manual messages. I think that's a better system, it gets more players in alliances involved in alliance affairs, and is more personal than a bot anyway. I don't see a reason to remove the captcha just so you can run a mass-messaging bot.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

In CN recruitment officials set up recruitment lists and got their members to participate in sending out manual messages. I think that's a better system, it gets more players in alliances involved in alliance affairs, and is more personal than a bot anyway. I don't see a reason to remove the captcha just so you can run a mass-messaging bot.

Recruitment bots help new player retention. New players that do not find a proper alliance quickly are likely to quit altogether. The community aspect plays a large part in the retention of your players and new players need ease of access to the good alliances with well established communities. I've made the suggestion on another thread to disable the ability to add and embed images into messages for non VIP players, I think this suggestion will quickly shut down the people attempting to spread disgusting imagery in messages, but will still be accessible to alliances, because purchasing a credit for VIP is a low cost for even micro tier alliances.

Edited by Aether
  • Upvote 2

Look up to the sky above~

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I see no reason to try and convince my members to spend hours a day clicking through captchas to send manual messages and then asking how they should respond to questions all while they likely spam somebody with 5-6 of them. 

I can't make sheets, the person I have who can is sick. This before we even get to the fact that the system you've described makes it easier for larger alliances to recruit. It's already easier for them to do that even with bots, because they're big.

So... Thanks for screwing all smaller and newer alliances I guess? Cause nobody checks the in-game alliance recruitment page (nor should they, it frequently presents trashlord alliances with 5 inactives as it's only members) and most new players don't really look at the forums.

The best solution to this a built in, game side recruitment bot. Better for everyone that way.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

The best solution to this a built in, game side recruitment bot. Better for everyone that way.

I agree, and that is the long-term solution I'd like to see implemented as well.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I agree, and that is the long-term solution I'd like to see implemented as well.

Basically only large alliances have the people with time to send recruitment messages, this is NOT a solution. It just furthers the divide of the top 5 and everyone else

• Upvote 1

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

1 hour ago, Epi said:

It's beyond haphazard to hurt recruitment with this type of change, right after a legion of players have left and the avenues to join PnW were limited.

Maybe of the guy bloody advertised his product new player influx wouldn't be an issue ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Maybe of the guy bloody advertised his product new player influx wouldn't be an issue ?

Who says P&W isn't being advertised?

50-100 new people do sign up for P&W every day.

Forums Rules | Game Link

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Who says P&W isn't being advertised?

50-100 new people do sign up for P&W every day.

Last I heard you didn't actually advertise it and just relied on word of mouth/random Google searches.

My point is that that's really stupid. This is a political simulator in a politically charged IRL social climate. The world's your damn oyster and you're not doing anything with it. I know you used to advertise on Facebook and i remember the players themselves actually noticing how many new people there were. 

Start that again. Oh and Twitter too! Lots of Twitter people spend to much time flaming each other when they could be building political empires here. ?

• Like 2