Biggest complaints regarding gameplay.

Prefontaine

Planes overpowered: Obviously we should reduce rebuys to 3 days

Too many captchas: Let's add them to new messages as well, instead of just preventing new accounts from sending images.

Politics and snore too long: Let's set it to the player's local time, so they can cheat and have multiple day changes a day. 

Need more attack types: Splash attack!

Need more projects: We have moon landing, what about sun landing?

Edit: Serious response. api v2 would be cool

Edited by Borg
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Maia said:

To be able to set your own update time. Double buy is pretty useful strategy during war but I am not that passionate as I used to be to stay up to 1am/2am.

That is actually something that should be out reasonably soon. 

EDIT: ...I hope >.>

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Thanks 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Some Suggestions I Have In Mind:-

1. Start making the Moon and Space more important in the game (keep doing moon/space related things).

2. New military technology. It would be nice to add new units, and possibly make it possible to have military research allowing for better and more improved weapons.

3. New events. I would like to see some competitions or sports that could make the game more entertaining. (How about an Olympics?)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

I'm building a list of projects (not the in game ones) to be worked on the following months in game. I'd like to hear what the community views as the largest issues in game. Things that I'm looking for are for example:

• Planes overpowered.
  • Too many captchas.
  • Politics and snore too long.
  • Need more attack types.
  • Need more projects.
  • etc...

This list is not to include anything about moderation, rule enforcement or things of that nature. Please air your biggest gripes with the gameplay and I will do what I can to move design aspects that address those problems higher up on the "to-do" queue. 

I feel attacked.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

1 - Cost of units do not reflect the damage they do
2 - End game content is not upgraded
3 - There should be a project you can get at 10 cities that enables you to buy a new city/project every five days enabling a catch up mode, that ends at 20 cities
4 - There is very little to no reward for growing your nation, during war time you get a small edge that is wiped out by the avg of numbers (BK/NPO avg 19 cities holding down whales with over 30 cities to prove the point)
5 - Nation score ranges are silly, should base it on something that is not easy effected such as city counts, stopping 38 cities hitting a 9 city (sphinx did this last war)
6 - Land should have a greater value and should also be used for improvements, as such someone with 2k infra will have 40 improvement slots and can have this on 250 land, forgive me but when could you stack air fields on top of schools and under farms?
7 - No counter to planes, right now there is zero counter to planes but planes, if it be a project, improvement of units, but once you lose planes you are dead as you wont be able to stop the other persons plane attacks
8 - Colour trading, I should be able to set prices of RRS depending on what colour someone is on therefore making it more important, and for me to trade RRS to someone on another colour than my own should come with a shipping cost attached to it.
9 - Econ is very unbalanced, The more infra you have the more improvements, the more land better farms, but when has anyone been limited on how many schools and such they can have, you need to base improvement slots not just on infra and on land and enable people to build 20 schools if they wish just as you can have countless power plants
10 - Alex needs help, so many ideas and such but its very slow as it seems Alex and SS are the only ones able to do anything and do not see much of SS but i understand he works hard on the game, but when a nation goes three days of sending images before anything is done, or when reports sometimes go days without being sorted it is clear Alex needs someone to handle reports and smaller issues so he can get on with the more important things such as making the game better and safer. (just a note this is about Alex having more time to spend on improving the game instead of dealing with mod issues)

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

3 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

10 - Alex needs help, so many ideas and such but its very slow as it seems Alex and SS are the only ones able to do anything and do not see much of SS but i understand he works hard on the game, but when a nation goes three days of sending images before anything is done, or when reports sometimes go days without being sorted it is clear Alex needs someone to handle reports and smaller issues so he can get on with the more important things such as making the game better and safer. (just a note this is about Alex having more time to spend on improving the game instead of dealing with mod issues)

A lot of things were put on hold for a long time due to not wanting to make changes during a major war, that's been one reason for the delay in things. The mod issues are not for this thread. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

A lot of things were put on hold for a long time due to not wanting to make changes during a major war, that's been one reason for the delay in things. The mod issues are not for this thread. 

pretty sure i pointed out that the mod issues take away time needed for the game, not a complaint about mod issues just a simple fact.

10 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

pretty sure i pointed out that the mod issues take away time needed for the game, not a complaint about mod issues just a simple fact.

Pretty sure I said this list is not to include anything about moderation, rule enforcement and such. Further comments regarding moderation will be directed to moderators. Thank you for the rest of your list. 

scSqPGJ.gif

10 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

5 - Nation score ranges are silly, should base it on something that is not easy effected such as city counts, stopping 38 cities hitting a 9 city (sphinx did this last war)

You would probably need a city count limit and a nation score limit otherwise you would have fully built nations hitting beat down nations with impunity.

Also, do something about the spy situation. Being able to lose 40+ spies per day but only being able to buy 1 or 2 is just ridicules. 

Edited by Who Me
  • Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, Who Me said:

You would probably need a city count limit and a nation score limit otherwise you would have fully built nations hitting beat down nations with impunity.

Also, do something about the spy situation. Being able to lose 40+ spies per day but only being able to buy 1 or 2 is just ridicules. 

I did put forth sometime ago that people should only be able to hit 10 cities above and 5 cities below.

With spies its even worst when you take in to account it takes you 14 days to get 42 spies 

14 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

A new GUI. @Mad Max had a sweet mock up done for April Fools Day last year.

Edit: An app that is mobile friendly that could help expand the player base.

True. Although, might just be easier to build a game from scratch than to go through and change the entirety of PW. Just my thoughts. I’d prefer to see QoL changes and mechanic updates vs aesthetics. Which is what I was working on with Alex prior to the holidays. I think we both got a little busy - but essentially, designing layouts for pages like the updated war page and making items more mobile friendly. 

I don’t necessarily think an app would be worth it especially considering Alex didn’t design the current app. I think it would be wildly easier to have the game responsive to mobile devices and maybe offer ability to throw PWA on for desktops and mobile. 

9 hours ago, Who Me said:

Already have something on the list to help address some of that. 

scSqPGJ.gif

One of the biggest thing I've wanted for years is an expansion of the old Lunar Wars unit upgrade system.

In Lunar Wars, upon hitting certain thresholds of *AI* (I believe, its been a long fricking time), new upgrades for your units were unlocked. For example, you could buy AIM-99 missiles for your Orbital fighters, which was a significant boost to damage done. However, the issue is that the admin sandrob lost interest and never added much more, so that over time the upgrades just became standard. There was also no choice to be had, just a simple upgrade. 

What I'd like to see is a set of 3? upgrade for every unit type to buff defensive power, offensive power, or cost/effectiveness. 

For example - tanks could do 10% more offensive damage, OR be equipped with some sort of AA gun (this would have to be tuned very, very carefully), OR cost .5 less per tank. 

Planes you could do the same thing - 10% offense, OR defense, OR cost 2.5 alum vs the present 5. 

This would require choices to be made by individual players and provide a bit more strategery - I'm attacking Prefontaine - hmm, he has the defensive boost. I should bring along 2 other guys that have the offensive boost to counter that. Oh, now Prefontaine's alliance has attacked us with 3 guys with the offensive boost, and killed our planes, while Prefontaine was able to hold on. ect ect. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Who Me said:

Another neft for us raiders... Us with higher cities is already limited in raid options as it is. There is reason why most of Arrgh high cities is on soldiers only.
Plus if you restrict it with cites, it would be harder for beat down nation to actually help with the war effort.
Like this war, one of things that keeped ketog/chaos fighting for as long as they did was that people dragged should still do damage to less citied nation with double buys and tanks flashes. So one should still fight without planes. 
Planes will just become more OP as a result. 

@Prefontaine
I would rather prefer if we should get a buff thrown our way, instead of usual nerfing that happens to us raiders, when the war system get an update.
Make fortify restore resistance again.
Make ships worth a darm, so they can shoot down planes, atleast when they get attacked. Increase the time inactive nations stay in the game,
And make it so that a inactive nation require less stuff to keep their improvment going. 
I can also see a new type of infratry attack, were they steal a higher procenties, but do less damamge. So it an option when the enemy no longer have ground. 

Edited by Zim
  • Like 1

tenor (1).gif

13 minutes ago, Zim said:

Make ships worth a darm, so they can shoot down planes, atleast when they get attacked. Increase the time inactive nations stay in the game,

Ways for other units to damage planes is currently in the works. 

12 minutes ago, Princess Adrienne said:

I have to update it again but....

It's on my list.

• Like 1

scSqPGJ.gif

23 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

That is actually something that should be out reasonably soon. 

EDIT: ...I hope >.>

22 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

Ways for other units to damage planes is currently in the works. 

Where can we see the "in the works" items. Does this exist? Can it?