Two Things About Aircraft

Wendell

Increase the munitions and gasoline cost to operate aircraft. If someone operates 1000 aircraft it should take an enormous amount of resources to operate. Currently a 1000 aircraft only costs a couple hundred munitions and gasoline. In reality aircraft use far more fuel (the literally spew burning fuel to fly) and have far more munitions. More at  2 gasoline and 1 munitions per aircraft. They should also cost more to maintain, more at 1000 dollars per day in peace and 1750 in war. For reference sake an F 16 fighter plane uses about 32 tons of fuel per aircraft, for just 1 hour.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/17286/what-is-an-afterburner-and-how-long-can-a-jet-fly-on-afterburner&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjF0NalwtbnAhWDVN8KHachCkgQFnoECAwQBA&usg=AOvVaw1CwM5t_m-7vsqDzmmUx1ay

And/ Or cap the amount of units aircraft can hit per day. Nobody's military should be wiped out in a matter of seconds by three people hitting with airstrikes. Change the maximum soldiers per day to 25000, max tanks to 1000, max aircraft to 150, and max ships to 25.

The reason for this suggestion is that aircraft are too overpowered. A nation at 5-8 cities shouldn't have 900 aircraft and afford it.

Number two it would create a higher demand for resources.

Edited by Deulos
Number of rss adjust per aircraft

You realize a nation at 5-8 cities is mechanically incapable of having 900 aircraft, yes?

So by changing the kill limits you want to make aircraft useless? I think you're looking at this a little too hard through you arrgh bubble.

25 gas and 10 Muni *per plane*? 

Real talk here did you run these by anyone as like a first draft and who was it. Cause if ya did it was someone who trolls 24/7.

• Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, Deulos said:

Increase the munitions and gasoline cost to operate aircraft. If someone operates 1000 aircraft it should take an enormous amount of resources to operate. Currently a 1000 aircraft only costs a couple hundred munitions and gasoline. In reality aircraft use far more fuel (the literally spew burning fuel to fly) and have far more munitions. More at 25 gasoline and 10 munitions per aircraft. They should also cost more to maintain, more at 1000 dollars per day in peace and 1750 in war. For reference sake an F 16 fighter plane uses about 32 tons of fuel per aircraft, for just 1 hour.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/17286/what-is-an-afterburner-and-how-long-can-a-jet-fly-on-afterburner&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjF0NalwtbnAhWDVN8KHachCkgQFnoECAwQBA&usg=AOvVaw1CwM5t_m-7vsqDzmmUx1ay

And/ Or cap the amount of units aircraft can hit per day. Nobody's military should be wiped out in a matter of seconds by three people hitting with airstrikes. Change the maximum soldiers per day to 25000, max tanks to 1000, max aircraft to 150, and max ships to 25.

The reason for this suggestion is that aircraft are too overpowered. A nation at 5-8 cities shouldn't have 900 aircraft and afford it.

Number two it would create a higher demand for resources.

How about the fact it cost the same if a nation has 1k land or 50k land, lol 

On 2/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, Micchan said:

The only thing I would change is planes can kill other planes only with dogfight, if you want to kill another unit you don't do damage to the enemy air

Uh, your planes don't sortie in defense?

Maybe you could set that up as a standing order... and really, having standing orders like either that or leaving soldiers not using munitions makes a lot of sense.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:42 AM, Deulos said:

I'm pretty sure we're not flying f-16s though. Those things just plain don't dogfight, they either kill or die from literally over the horizon and they are not bombers. Capable of precision strikes against ground targets yes, but that's way different from a carpet bombing run. We're probably using mid cold war era stuff, pictures notwithstanding.

For further reference's sake, dis guy is the most populous whale we've got in the game at almost exactly the population of Australia. 45 cities. IRL, Australia has a fairly decent air force of... 110 combat aircraft. So we're clearly not operating on any realistic scales regardless, nor should we. Balance > gameplay > lots of stuff > realism.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

On 2/16/2020 at 8:42 AM, Deulos said:

More at  2 gasoline and 1 munitions per aircraft.

That would costs 1800 gas and 900 muni for a 10 city nation to perform one air strike, I don't even think a 30 city whale can afford spending 5k+ gas for a single attack

On 2/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, Deulos said:

There is a lot wrong with your reference. In no particular order... 

Aircraft don't routinely fly on full after burner (particularly for an hour at a time)

The max takeoff weight for an F-16C is ~21 US tons

The link you provided gives a much lower fuel consumption than you quoted

5 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Uh, your planes don't sortie in defense?

Maybe you could set that up as a standing order... and really, having standing orders like either that or leaving soldiers not using munitions makes a lot of sense.

I

What Micchan means is that only planes can kill planes while planes can kill everything and this makes them very OP because once your planes are dead you have no defense against air attacks. If sheepy really wants to balance the game a bit, fixing this very glaring fault would be a good start.

I'm sure you already knew that though.

Ships, Tanks and Soldiers should be able to kill planes in defense, plain and simple. Or we could have a new Fort improvement which adds various types of defense for land/air/sea so that when someone with 0 units is attacked but has forts, the enemy still suffers unit loss of some amount.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ForgotPants said:

Ships, Tanks and Soldiers should be able to kill planes in defense, plain and simple. Or we could have a new Fort improvement which adds various types of defense for land/air/sea so that when someone with 0 units is attacked but has forts, the enemy still suffers unit loss of some amount.

Or... maybe that could be the use of Fortify? ?

1 hour ago, Who Me said:

What Micchan means is that only planes can kill planes while planes can kill everything and this makes them very OP because once your planes are dead you have no defense against air attacks. If sheepy really wants to balance the game a bit, fixing this very glaring fault would be a good start.

I'm sure you already knew that though.

Yeah, but you wouldn't always want your other military left 100% vulnerable to airstrikes. While certainly a good option in many conventional warfare cases, you also generally want to keep some ground on you to avoid being looted and some ships on you to maintain blockade if you're winning. That's why I'd support that idea as an option. The whole AAA guns on tanks/ships/soldiers thing would definitely be a good thing as well in any case.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

On 2/16/2020 at 1:59 PM, Akuryo said:

You realize a nation at 5-8 cities is mechanically incapable of having 900 aircraft, yes?

So by changing the kill limits you want to make aircraft useless? I think you're looking at this a little too hard through you arrgh bubble.

25 gas and 10 Muni *per plane*? 

Real talk here did you run these by anyone as like a first draft and who was it. Cause if ya did it was someone who trolls 24/7.

That was more of generalization. But you get the picture take Goons for example, with 10 cities and 900 aircraft. See, not much of a difference.

I since changed that to 2 gas and 1 munitions. Aircraft won't be useless if you can afford to operate them.

20 hours ago, Madokami said:

That would costs 1800 gas and 900 muni for a 10 city nation to perform one air strike, I don't even think a 30 city whale can afford spending 5k+ gas for a single attack

Then you shouldn't have that many aircraft at 10 cities. Exactly my point.

Edited by Deulos