Moon Mining

Changeup

Rather than the Moon Landing being nothing but a project for bored whales, give it some importance with Moon Mining.

This isn't it's own national project. When you complete the Moon Landing national project, each turn your nation automatically harvests a set amount of Iron and Aluminum (for realism's sake) and sends it back to your nation. My suggestion for the harvested amount is something like 10 of each of those resources each turn. The Moon Landing will slowly pay itself off over the course of many months as your nation makes money off the mined resources. It also could be a valuable asset during war when your nation desperately needs some aluminium to buy  planes. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

17 hours ago, Changeup said:

No? 

20 per turn (10 of each)

240 each day (120 of each)

I was saying to increase the amount... Cause... yeah. Getting 40k worth of resources a day is kind of useless..

Maybe make it so it generates 600k cash per day that can be collected at any time, it can cap at 600k so if left uncollected it will just continue to sit idle. This gives incentives for whales to log in and can also be used by raiders that need money for daily buys and the like.

Edited by Aether
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

4 hours ago, CitrusK said:

I was saying to increase the amount... Cause... yeah. Getting 40k worth of resources a day is kind of useless..

It's essentially free flat money over forever, though it'd pay for itself in... a few hundred IRL years or so. With your plan.

Great investment?

4 hours ago, Aether said:

Maybe make it so it generates 600k cash per day that can be collected at any time, it can cap at 600k so if left uncollected it will just continue to sit idle. This gives incentives for whales to log in and can also be used by raiders that need money for daily buys and the like.

That's actually a solid idea for its own project, maybe something that accumulates a portion of your income, capped by your income, in refined and cash and can be recovered even when blockaded? Strategic Reserve or something. It's definitely been suggested before and I think now there's plenty of time and reason to implement it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Moon Project should actually reduce project costs.

Making a moon landing requires immense scientific prowess. Such a nation should be able to build most projects more easily and more cost efficiently, realistically speaking.

A 10% reduction in cost of all projects should be introduced.

Does this pay for the Moon Project? Maybe. I havent calculated. And I'm too lazy to do so. But this suggestion is definitely better than the Hundred Year Payback method or any continuous bonus feature.

If you already have all projects made, bad luck.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 6:00 AM, Aether said:

Probably highly unlikely raiders will ever get it even with the buff. since you know you literally need 2 national projects as a prerequisite and moon landing itself making an additional 60 score to the raiders. 

Perhaps the 600k could be increased to 1 mil daily instead or left at that if a new project was introduced.

On 2/24/2020 at 5:12 AM, AntMan said:

Does this pay for the Moon Project? Maybe. I havent calculated. And I'm too lazy to do so. But this suggestion is definitely better than the Hundred Year Payback method or any continuous bonus feature.

Maybe through refunds of national projects? i know that this is highly unlikely myself

Sipno.png.35c591b2a53e2a9c9274df445242ed2c.png

8 hours ago, Thinkpitz said:

Probably highly unlikely raiders will ever get it even with the buff. since you know you literally need 2 national projects as a prerequisite and moon landing itself making an additional 60 score to the raiders. 

Perhaps the 600k could be increased to 1 mil daily instead or left at that if a new project was introduced.

Raiders tend to get Missile Launch Pad as is, helps force beige, or beige high-mil targets.

Look up to the sky above~

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, AntMan said:

Moon Project should actually reduce project costs.

Making a moon landing requires immense scientific prowess. Such a nation should be able to build most projects more easily and more cost efficiently, realistically speaking.

A 10% reduction in cost of all projects should be introduced.

This seems like a good idea to make it useful