Red Fraggle's Definitive Fried Chicken Rankings

Fraggle

latest?cb=20121231163106

Greetings Friends! Welcome to The Fraggle Zone. This is a new enterprise brought to you by Fraggle Rock Entertainment Group, LLC. All opinions share by individual Fraggles does not represent Fraggle Rock as a nation, just the Fraggle giving them. By reading any further, you agree to pay 2.5 million dollars to be used towards our Space Program, and other ongoing illicit activities. Now, I Red Fraggle, otherwise known as The Fried Chicken Fraggle, will give you my top 9 favorite fried chicken places. Again, reading any more will cost you. So don't free ride this piece. 

Number 9: Lee's Famous Chicken. Yes, the Colonel didn't crack the top 9 (Wouldn't crack the top 15 either) but his nephew made the list. Two piece with two sides and a sweet tea, all for under $8.00? There's something great about cheap chicken here. 

Number 8:  Wendy's. Yes, not a chicken place, but their chicken is quite better than any beef offering they have. Match it with their fries and a frosty? You're onto something here.

Number 7: Chick-Fil-A. Can't get a two piece. Their politics are horrible. The people are overly nice. But Red Fraggle has never seen a dirty bathroom. That's impressive enough to make the list. Also the nuggets are worth the trip if you want to compromise your ethics. No politics with my chicken, please

Number 6: Church's Chicken. Red Fraggle can deal with a dirty bathroom and slightly worse chicken when on her high horse. Bonus points for extra fries that one time. 

Number 5: Cracker Barrel, but only on a Sunday afternoon. Any other time, and you get the less the best chicken cook. Pair it with a nice strawberry sweet tea and you'll leave knowing you made a great decision.

Number 4: Zaxby's: No two piece meal here, but the chicken parm on Texas toast sandwich with extra ranch, free of charge? This cracks the top five.

Number 3: Bojangles. Fried Chicken on a biscuit? Red Fraggle is in.

Number 2:  Any gas station that has an older gentleman who may be between the ages of 35-75, frying up chicken and selling it in a brown paper bag. If you can see through the bag, you know it's a good day.

Number 1: Popeyes. Great chicken. Best sides to go with. Will never break the budget. 

Now that you have all the great Fraggle knowledge concerning fried chicken, you can go seek that greasy pleasure.

Go ahead and submit your payment for reading this directly to Groundhog Day alliance bank, link below.

Groundhog Day Alliance Bank, LLC, Also a 501C 3 Non-Profit For Your Tax Write Off.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here in Japan KFC is the only place I have access, so even if it’s not on your list KFC has a special place in my heart.

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

You must live somewhere on the East Coast Southern side to know what Bojangles is. (Or atleast been there) 

I give this post 10 thumbs up for just the mention of Bojangles ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Banner for PnW.png

Bojangles cracked the Top 5?  Are you kidding me?  It’s ranked 9 on my list.

Churches chicken and Popeyes are definitely Top 3.  Churches because the biscuits are godsend, Popeyes because they know how to properly spice up their goods.

The only good chicken from a gas station are the ones in the South.

In Utah?  It’s friggin’ bland and nasty.

Also Zaxby’s???  No mention of Cane’s???

Edited by Buorhann

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Bojangles cracked the Top 5?  Are you kidding me?  It’s ranked 9 on my list.

Churches chicken and Popeyes are definitely Top 3.  Churches because the biscuits are godsend, Popeyes because they know how to properly spice up their goods.

The only good chicken from a gas station are the ones in the South.

In Utah?  It’s friggin’ bland and nasty.

Also Zaxby’s???  No mention of Cane’s???

Canes? Raising Cane's? That's not even a top 20 chicken place. 

And yes, Bojangles deserves a top give ranking. Those biscuits.

7 minutes ago, Aero said:

You must live somewhere on the East Coast Southern side to know what Bojangles is. (Or atleast been there) 

I give this post 10 thumbs up for just the mention of Bojangles ❤️ 

Fraggle may live in the mid Atlantic, south of the Mason Dixon line.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fulcrum said:

Here in Japan KFC is the only place I have access, so even if it’s not on your list KFC has a special place in my heart.

Fraggle hears KFC Japan gets creative. Maybe some day we will experience it. Until then, it stays out the top 9.

Also, nothing wrong with KFC. It's good. But that's all. Good. Nothing exciting. It's a place to go when there's no other fried chicken place within 15 miles. Good.

2 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Not sure whats worst, Fraggles random posts or BK

BK chicken is decent as well.

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Bojangles is ok, but not great.

You put Zaxby’s up there.  Your discredit of Cane’s is now worthless

how-to-boil-chicken-blog-2-of-6.jpg

Enjoy your chicken in Utah, Hippo

Edited by Fraggle

5 hours ago, Changeup said:

These are good, but they don't include the countless small businesses with infinitely better Fried Chicken than anything on this list.

I'm from a rather small town that doesn't have any fast food so all these restaurants pretty much flew right over my head but I've had 4 of em and none compared to the Chicken Parlor shop back in my town.

At least I can finally use my peace time pfp on discord now happy days are here.

09cc01dedca6b27df3c2f4f200daf8aac9838c75_00.jpg

I heard no mention of Kennedys Fried Chicken. To find it, go search the worst neighborhood you know of. They match that White Castle ambience by serving you your three piece from behind bulletproof glass. Your wallet might not stay with you all the way to the front of the line, somebody stole the napkin dispenser (yes, every time) and there's a 30% chance your car will be missing from the parking lot when you leave. But 60% of the time, it's worth it every time. 

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

Sorry what’s with all the Zaxby’s hate. Zaxby’s is great, def a top 5.

If you like jerky dressed up as a chicken, sure.

I'd say Top 10, but not Top 5.  I'm always annoyed by Zaxby's.  Chicken is mostly too dry, too small, more breading than the actual thing.

Now Cane's?  That's some good tenders there, and that dipping sauce?  Oh man.  The only downside to Cane's is their price.

Chick-Fil-A is awesome. There isn't one locally but anytime I go to a place that has one I always go through the drive through. 

Zaxby's is also good. There is one around here and I get it quite frequently. 

new_forum_sig_2.png

17 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I'd say Top 10, but not Top 5.  I'm always annoyed by Zaxby's.  Chicken is mostly too dry, too small, more breading than the actual thing.

Now Cane's?  That's some good tenders there, and that dipping sauce?  Oh man.  The only downside to Cane's is their price.

I will literally fight you.

We just got a place called Hot Lola's by me. That shit is soooo good and comes with pickles and slaw standard.

30 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

tn1200h_1552411573.jpg

“I went to Raising Canes last night (03/11/2019 at 7:00 pm through the drive thru) ... I started eating the chicken but it tasted weird so I stopped but then about an hour or so later my stomach hurt like it was cramped up and extremely bloated. Then I started vomiting and diahra ... I felt so sore but figured maybe I just dont know how to vomit right or something. Finished up at work and came home. I didnt really feel nauseated anymore still had random poop moments. But my stomach still hurt and now my body was having spasms in my upper and lower back in my legs and arms and my hands and feet. It was unmanageable and one of the worst thing I've ever experienced because I couldn't control it.”

Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User

• Upvote 1