Reduce credit cost to reset city/project timer

Arawra

Credits increased in value, reset timer should be reduced to 3 credits instead of the current 4. Benefits smaller players (like myself) that want to boost quickly to catch up, also makes it more worth resetting the timer instead of exchanging the credit for 15 mil.

So the current problem with this suggestion appears to be the monthly reset where people are able to use 6 timer resets (3 in the month prior and 3 in the following month, on the same day). To address that, Alex could put a 12 turn cooldown between timer resets to avoid this from ever being possible. Even without the cooldown though, I don't see it as a potential issue considering the rarity in which we see people purchase quadruplet cities.

Also just for perspective, the timer reset used to equal 40-60 mil in value, but after credit value increased, a reset can cost anywhere between 60-80 mil each. The credit timer as it stands, costs roughly as much as my 14th city would have cost without City Planning. Easier put, it's not even worth considering for me, and I imagine it's not worth considering at the higher tiers either because it's a lot harder to afford cities back to back up there.

Edited by Aether

Look up to the sky above~

1 minute ago, George said:

I like the cap as it limits people to 3 cities in one day per month, 4 cities would be a bit past the acceptable point imo. 

Theoretically you can build 14 cities in a single day, but I understand what you mean.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Aether said:

Theoretically you can build 14 cities in a single day, but I understand what you mean.

but thats once, what you are saying is 4 in one day every month this means 6 cities a month 

2 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

but thats once, what you are saying is 4 in one day every month this means 6 cities a month 

Yeah, that was mentioned on Discord. To that I'd say the likelihood of someone being able to afford 6 cities is not high, but if it was concerning, then Alex could put a 24 hour cooldown between city timer resets.

Edited by Aether

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Aether said:

Yeah, that was mentioned on Discord. To that I'd say the likelihood of someone being able to afford 6 cities is not high, but if it was concerning, then Alex could put a 24 hour cooldown between city timer resets.

quite a few people can afford it 

Just now, Bjorn Ironside said:

quite a few people can afford it 

Maybe at the lower tier, but that's the demographic I'm aiming to provide to with this idea.

Just now, Viselli said:

City reset timer used to start after city 2 and now it is after city 10. It is already easy for new, smaller nations to build up to a good size for being a newer nation.

That's fair, but even now city 10 is a negligible milestone in the grand scheme of things. Which, actually, might mean it's better to just increase the cap again altogether.

1 minute ago, Aether said:

That's fair, but even now city 10 is a negligible milestone in the grand scheme of things. Which, actually, might mean it's better to just increase the cap again altogether.

City 10 is a great milestone. There is no need to increase the cap

• Upvote 1

gg-fu-banner.png

4 minutes ago, Viselli said:

City 10 is a great milestone. There is no need to increase the cap

I think a lot of people would argue low-mid tier starts at 14 cities now. Though, I agree increasing the cap is probably not wise, for a variety of other reasons.

Edited by Aether