Ban Appeal For The Nation Of Fereldan

Gaius Julius Caesar

Banned Nation: Fereldan

Banned Leader's Name: Tarroc

Banned Nation Addresshttps://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=120834

Date Of Ban: 2/6/2020

Reason For Ban Provided: (Three Different Reasons Provided. Reasons Changed Over Time.)

• Reason One: Initial Ban Reason was as follows: "This nation was banned on 2020-02-06 19:11:26 for: Unfounded accusations of homophobia and Nazism in Google Play Store Review. The ban is permanent. Visit your nation, or go to the search page."
  • Reason Two: Second Ban Reason was as follows: "This IP address has been banned (the ban has expired) from Politics & War for: Breaking the game rules Ban ID: You should have read up on the Game Rules."
  • Reason Three: "This nation was banned on 2020-02-06 19:11:26 for: Extreme Toxicity and Defamation of Staff / Game. The ban is permanent. Visit your nation, or go to the search page."

Appeal Of Ban:

• The initial ban was due to a Google Play Store Review, as was listed above. The review was deleted, and as such I do not have the exact wording on hand, there was no accusation of Homophobia or Nazism. There were mentions of Homophobic groups in the game, which is fact as I have experienced them first-hand, and there are Nazi groups and alliances in the game, some of which I have had the unfortunate luck of coming across. A report was not filed for the homophobic insults I have experienced first-hand, due to the fact that they have taken place on Discord, in group chats, in alliance channels, and in personal messages, and content that takes place on Discord is not subject to judgement passed by Alex, or so I have been told by other users, due to the fact that Discord is its own app and Alex does not have jurisdiction over what is said there and what takes place there. I fully understand this, and accept this, but the location of the insults and slurs does not alter the fact that the users and groups are also on Politics And War, and as such I do not believe it is unreasonable to state that these groups are in politics and war. As for the claims of Nazism, the group I know best that was a Nazi, or a Nazi-Themed, group, at least from what I saw and experienced was an alliance named Reichspakt, which is still in existence albeit in the form of one member in vacation mode. The leader of the alliance had a profile picture of someone dressed in Nazi-Regalia, and the logo of the alliance was the Iron Cross. Although I do know the Iron Cross existed before the Nazi Party, it is well known as a Nazi-German award, and when combined with the profile picture of the leader leads one to draw the connection between it and the Nazi-Theme of the alliance. There was, if I recall correctly, also mention of money involved. I realize, looking at this with a clear and level head, that this statement could be misconstrued as an accusation towards Alex, and I wish to rectify that right away. The money I made claim was being accepted was in the form of credits being purchased via the donations to Politics And War. I did not mean in any way, shape, or form that Alex was personally being paid by groups he knew were Homophobic or Nazis, and I wish to humbly and sincerely apologize to Alex for any confusion or hurt that my poorly thought out comment may have caused,

• The second reason was due to a rule violation, although I can not provide an argument against it, as the rule I broke is not provided, so I am uncertain as to which rule I broke. If this information is provided, I will review it, and provide an appeal.

• The third and final ban reason was for Extreme Toxicity and Defamation of Staff. I will admit to being quite angry, and lashing out on the forums, which I believe is part of the reasoning for this, along with the initial reason of an accusation of Homophobia and Nazism. I apologize for the things I said on the forum, as they were made in a state or poor judgement. I was in a sleep deprived state due to a combination of sickness, and the need to study for college exams, which shortened my already short fuse. I will be the first to admit, I am a profane and short tempered individual, although I try very hard to avoid using any form of inappropriate language on the forums, or where young individuals could hear me. A look at my forum reputation, and lack of any other warnings of serious note can attest to that. I personally have friends in New Pacific Order who were banned, and that news, when combined with the news that what happened to New Pacific Order would result in The Black Knights, the alliance I myself have called home for roughly one year at that point, disbanding, and many of its members who I am close friends with in the game would be deleting their accounts and leaving the game led to my temper boiling over, and I apologize. I uttered a rather vulgar phrase towards Alex for, one I would like to apologize for, and although I will not repeat it, is was a mention of the situation surrounding the instance roughly a month ago where myself and many other members of The Black Knights were removed from the alliance when someone besides Leo The Great accessed his account and removed us, before attempting to steal the bank. Seeing the quick and, from my opinion although it is merely my personal opinion on the matter, heavy handed response from Alex frustrated me, as we received no such aid when our alliance went through someone trying to destroy it via methods disallowed by the spirit of the game. Finally, the anger from those other matters combined with the anger over the knowledge that these events meant that the roughly eight months spent either fighting in, or preparing for Global War 14, known as Dial Up War by some members of the community, were wasted. This is not to excuse my actions, and I am entirely understanding of the fact that some form of punishment is absolutely called for, as I was impolite and insulting, but I would like to appeal a permanent ban, as I do not believe my unfortunate lack of self control yesterday is who I am in actuality, is rather too heavy. A temporary ban would entirely be understood and accepted, and would receive no protest nor any appeals, as it is warranted for my actions.

Aside

• On an aside, if it turns out that the ban on my account is permanent and will not be lifted or made temporary, I would like to question whether or not I am allowed to create a second account, due to the fact that, as I said above, the second reason for the ban states that my ban on my IP address has expired. Does this allow me to create another nation, as it was my NATION that was permanently banned, as things stand, as opposed to my IP address?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Alex locked this topic