Orbis Fustercluck, 2020.

Prefontaine

8 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

Just because a middle exist doesnt mean a good decision was made. More fair would have been: this is as of this moment not okay, stop this. The result of this is that not only gwcp is affected but also allies of NPO, hundreds of players.

@Alex didnt respond to my earlier question but thanks OP for providing it, Coal A member(s) were brought in to decide the fate of their ingame enemies. Thats a bad call right there. Its malice to throw a word at it. 

Coal B has been forced out by admin. The results of coming back on an earlier agreement by Alex or atleast willfully allowing something to excist for months then suddenly stop it.

You're exceedingly ignorant of anything you're not told to repeat. Pre was in "coalition a" (yarr didn't really want anything to do with us so that's dubious) for like 2 rounds before getting peace. If you think he's on our side because he recognized NPO's blatant cheating you're even more delusional than you let on.

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

10 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

Just because a middle exist doesnt mean a good decision was made. More fair would have been: this is as of this moment not okay, stop this. The result of this is that not only gwcp is affected but also allies of NPO, hundreds of players.

@Alex didnt respond to my earlier question but thanks OP for providing it, Coal A member(s) were brought in to decide the fate of their ingame enemies. Thats a bad call right there. Its malice to throw a word at it. 

Coal B has been forced out by admin. The results of coming back on an earlier agreement by Alex or atleast willfully allowing something to excist for months then suddenly stop it.

That might have been the result if NPO was forthright in what they were doing.  But as the evidence lays out, they were not, they attempted to hide the full scope of their conspiracy, almost as if they knew it was wrong.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

5 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

You honestly believe that Alex knew in November (2 months after it started) that NPO was paying players IRL with translated comics to set up a tax farm in the game and was ok with it then?  Really?

Fascinating. 

Any objective person would agree that such a set up violated a rule that was implemented back in November of 2017:

https://politicsandwar.com/rules/

Real-World Transactions for In-Game Materials

Politics & War has a limited donation system to prevent the game from being "pay-to-win." In addition to limits on Credit usage, it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources. Examples of this type of behavior would include: sending someone real-life money for in-game money or in-game resources, purchasing someone a Steam game for in-game money or in-game resources, sending someone a gift-card for in-game money or in-game resources, and any other sort of real-world trade for in-game goods.

The punishment for real-world transactions for in-game materials will be a complete nation reset upon first offense, and a permanent ban from Politics & War upon a second offense.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

That might have been the result if NPO was forthright in what they were doing.  But as the evidence lays out, they were not, they attempted to hide the full scope of their conspiracy, almost as if they knew it was wrong.

Bs. He didnt have to take a drastic measure like this, could have simply stated: stop this. Wouldnt have affected hundred of nations and the game in such a profound way. Also,.he was clearly influenced by coal a members and leaders, which simply makes this political.

1 minute ago, AkAk said:

You honestly believe that Alex knew in November (2 months after it started) that NPO was paying players IRL with translated comics to set up a tax farm in the game and was ok with it then?  Really?

Fascinating. 

Any objective person would agree that such a set up violated a rule that was implemented back in November of 2017:

https://politicsandwar.com/rules/

Real-World Transactions for In-Game Materials

Politics & War has a limited donation system to prevent the game from being "pay-to-win." In addition to limits on Credit usage, it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources. Examples of this type of behavior would include: sending someone real-life money for in-game money or in-game resources, purchasing someone a Steam game for in-game money or in-game resources, sending someone a gift-card for in-game money or in-game resources, and any other sort of real-world trade for in-game goods.

The punishment for real-world transactions for in-game materials will be a complete nation reset upon first offense, and a permanent ban from Politics & War upon a second offense.

Thats for stating this, clearly the rules are about monetary means

Money, Steam games, gift cards, and so forth.

Also, timing is key here.

13 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

Bs. He didnt have to take a drastic measure like this, could have simply stated: stop this. Wouldnt have affected hundred of nations and the game in such a profound way. Also,.he was clearly influenced by coal a members and leaders, which simply makes this political.

"make exchanges of real-life money or goods"  Do you really think a translated comic that people who don't play PnW go to the trouble of creating a PnW account for and then log in every 15 days for, doesn't constitute goods?  Really?  

You must be trolling.

Again, NPO didn't lay out exactly what they were doing back in November when they talked to Alex because they knew it was wrong.   That's also why they covered up all evidence once they knew Alex was investigating this last month.  They knew it was wrong.   

If they wanted to make sure they were obeying this specific rule they would've ran this scheme by Alex in detail when it was dreamed up.   But they didn't because they didn't want to run out of money for this war that should've been over months ago. 

Edited by AkAk

3 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

Key word you're missing in those rules champ, "Or Goods."  The comic clearly was an outside-the-game good used as a carrot to keep people maintaining inactive resource farms.  I can't imagine the mental gymnastics required to ignore this basic and obvious reality.

As for "he didn't have to..."  Again, NPO made that decision for him by failing to be forthright.  If NPO laid out the full scope and scale of their actions, he probably would have told them, at the beginning, no you can't do that, or later, stop.  It is the fact that NPO sought, until the end, and even after the hammer was brought down, to deny the truth of what they were doing.  It is the duplicity that got NPO leadership banned, more than the cheating scheme itself.

And do we really believe we wouldn't be seeing the same outrage from the cheaters if Alex politely told them they had to stop now?  Do we really believe that?

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

There you have it, someone who has been staunchly against us this war was brought in to act as judge, jury and executioner.

I was only against your side briefly when BK and a few others attacked Yarr. I'm not Partisan -- if you're confused on the names. I've stated I believe the war should end, I didn't care if you were the victors. I've stated trying to war people out of the game is bad, which it is. But I've also been trying to sell NPO and your allies resources during the war, just like I've been with the other side. There was actually a decent chance NPO was going to be signing a protectorate with Yarr in the closing times of the war as well.

I was not judge, jury, nor executioner. I was asked my opinion of the evidence and if it made sense and I gave my opinion. I also shared concerns with actions being taken against NPO gov, which Alex was also having concerns with. Our joint concerns were why this announcement was delayed another day while some other routes were explored. If anything I was probably one of the voices promoting moderation, in well, the moderation. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Clearly that shouldn't be allowed if that is indeed what was happening.  As someone that has just found out about all this, I'm having trouble distinguishing what is real and what is propaganda.  I'm sure I'm not alone ...

Really the only questions I really left are

1)Is everybody cheating except me? 

2) Is this the kind of stuff all the "top" alliances are engaging in order to "compete"?

3) Is discipline being handed out evenly and fairly?

4) Am I too old for any of this?

Edited by William of Cobden
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, William of Cobden said:

Clearly that shouldn't be allowed if that is indeed what was happening.  As someone that has just found out about all this, I'm having trouble distinguishing what is real and what is propaganda.  I'm sure I'm not alone ...

Really the only questions I really left are

1)Is everybody cheating except me? 

2) Is this the kind of stuff all the "top" alliances are engaging in order to "compete"?

3) Is discipline being handed out evenly and fairly?

4) Am I too old for any of this?

1) No, not everyone is cheating, NPO's ring was well known and the hammer finally was brought down on it.  There's some arguments around Baseball manipulation elsewhere, but they are nowhere near as clear cut and dry as this incident.

2) Absolutely not.  It was an NPO specialty by the looks of it.

3) Yes, I think it was, given by the fact that I would have liked to see firmer punishment and the other side is saying it was too harsh, odds are it was probably fair.

4) We all are.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

Just now, Duke Arthur said:

Bs. He didnt have to take a drastic measure like this, could have simply stated: stop this.

He couldn't. His rules stated the punishment. We had the precedent of Nova Riata, but that one pales in comparison.

The damage that NPO has caused by doing this is immeasurable. How many people have quit the game because one side had such an immense advantage and a sheer ton of resources to their disposal? No apology will be enough, no measure will heal the damage.

If he would have done it like then with riata, he would have deleted 50bil of worth more resources, all cities that were funded by GPWC money and he would have permabanned a lot of people that are now getting 6 months only. I assume he didn't do that because NPO already established itself with all the resources they got, and removing everything would strip away any chance of moving on. Like this, you still have it. 

Our response now is that we don't push for terms, we don't want to permawar you until you delete. Instead we offer a blanket white peace and a NAP. No kicking while you are down.

We can not look back, but only move forward. So let's do it together

• Upvote 3

mlem.png

32 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

That's like saying that you shouldn't prosecute those who commit crimes, even though they acted in full knowledge of the nature of what they were doing, because it might impact them. No one made NPO do this, much like no one is forcing the rest of you to behave like lemmings. If you aren't prepared to face the consequences, don't violate the game rules and basic human decency.

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

1 minute ago, Asierith said:

That's like saying that you shouldn't prosecute those who commit crimes, even though they acted in full knowledge of the nature of what they were doing, because it might impact them. No one made NPO do this, much like no one is forcing the rest of you to behave like lemmings. If you aren't prepared to face the consequences, don't violate the game rules and basic human decency.

Dont break your legs when coming of your high horse. 

Words like 'crimes' and 'human decency' are not very connectable to this or any other game. 

The rules of the games are dictated by one person, who can choose to do whatever he wants with them. 

1 minute ago, Duke Arthur said:

Dont break your legs when coming of your high horse. 

Words like 'crimes' and 'human decency' are not very connectable to this or any other game. 

The rules of the games are dictated by one person, who can choose to do whatever he wants with them. 

Your statements trying to portray them as being innocent, good people seems to suggest otherwise. Equally, learn what a comparison is.

He enforced the clearly outlined game rules, that your side knowingly violated - else why would they hide their behaviour and actions.

Finally, not being a cheater, I'd rather not sink to your level

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

4 minutes ago, Asierith said:

Your statements trying to portray them as being innocent, good people seems to suggest otherwise. Equally, learn what a comparison is.

He enforced the clearly outlined game rules, that your side knowingly violated - else why would they hide their behaviour and actions.

Finally, not being a cheater, I'd rather not sink to your level

Forcing people to join PnW for a raffle was acceptable back in August. Contradicting Alex's rule.

The GPWC situation was not a moderation issue back in Novemeber. Contradicting Alex's rule.

All of a sudden Alex decides what he has allowed for 7 months is now not okay. 

Alex provides no shred of proof that anything happened. Only circumstantial.

No crimes committed, this simply wouldn't stand up on a court of law. 

The only court this stands up in is that of the whales and those who own Alex.

Take your head out of your ass and see that Alex is simply not impartial. If his whales whine enough you'll be gone too.

Nice of you to finish your paragraph with a personal attack on someone who hasn't cheated, since they'd be banned right now if they had. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Forcing people to join PnW for a raffle was acceptable back in August. Contradicting Alex's rule.

The GPWC situation was not a moderation issue back in Novemeber. Contradicting Alex's rule.

All of a sudden Alex decides what he has allowed for 7 months is now not okay. 

Alex provides no shred of proof that anything happened. Only circumstantial.

No crimes committed, this simply wouldn't stand up on a court of law. 

The only court this stands up in is that of the whales and those who own Alex.

Take your head out of your ass and see that Alex is simply not impartial. If his whales whine enough you'll be gone too.

Nice of you to finish your paragraph with a personal attack on someone who hasn't cheated, since they'd be banned right now if they had. 

This wasn't just bringing them in for a raffle

He didn't know about the details in November since your gov was lying to him, as he has made perfectly clear

See above statement

There's a 30 page long document, that clearly lays out how members were pulled into GPWC for direct access to a scanlation and were told to just sit there and forward money to NPO

I haven't accused you of a crime, I merely compared the circumstances

No one owns Alex, you just cheated and he found out about it

Coming from someone within Coalition B, telling me to take my head out of my ass is bold. As for the whales, they really weren't the ones who did this. It was you, when you cheated.

That was a general statement, in response to a personal attack of his

See, we can do this too

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Asierith said:

This wasn't just bringing them in for a raffle

He didn't know about the details in November since your gov was lying to him, as he has made perfectly clear

See above statement

There's a 30 page long document, that clearly lays out how members were pulled into GPWC for direct access to a scanlation and were told to just sit there and forward money to NPO

I haven't accused you of a crime, I merely compared the circumstances

No one owns Alex, you just cheated and he found out about it

Coming from someone within Coalition B, telling me to take my head out of my ass is bold. As for the whales, they really weren't the ones who did this. It was you, when you cheated.

That was a general statement, in response to a personal attack of his

See, we can do this too

What's the difference between forcing people to join PnW for a raffle or a comic? Let's see how you can spin that, because by Alex's ruling both are against the rules. Yet one was fine to do back in August.

Doesn't matter, he didnt think such an action was a moderation issue back then. 

A 30 page long document that has 0 evidence of scanlations. Also misses out on a lot of other stuff. 

1 hour ago, Duke Arthur said:

Bs. He didnt have to take a drastic measure like this, could have simply stated: stop this. Wouldnt have affected hundred of nations and the game in such a profound way. Als

What about the hundreds of nations affected by months of farmed resources by players who had no incentive to do anything but log in once every couple of weeks? 

Wine for courage, making love to a camp follower. Tomorrow the battalion leaves for Burgundy.
Wine for courage, and two hours of sleep before dawn. Thank you, thank you  recruiters

You've got wine and a camp follower..thank you, thank you, recruiters

5 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

What about the hundreds of nations affected by months of farmed resources by players who had no incentive to do anything but log in once every couple of weeks? 

Ain't no rule against having farmed Nations. Ain't no rule against people who log in once every couple of weeks. Go cry a river.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ain't no rule against having farmed Nations. Ain't no rule against people who log in once every couple of weeks. Go cry a river.

The rule maker would beg to differ.

Please continue crying us your river though.

Wine for courage, making love to a camp follower. Tomorrow the battalion leaves for Burgundy.
Wine for courage, and two hours of sleep before dawn. Thank you, thank you  recruiters

Just now, William of Cobden said:

Can somebody tell me more about this "Raffle" I hear about some other alliance doing?  I hear it being compared to this translated Manga thing a lot ...

Forcing people to play Politics and War to be able to enter a raffle is okay. Forcing people to play Politics and War to be able to read a comic is not. That's Alex's view.

Just now, Tankobite said:

The rule maker would beg to differ.

Please continue crying us your river though.

Go read the rules. Any alliance can have tax farms. Anyone can log in as often as they want.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Forcing people to play Politics and War to be able to enter a raffle is okay. Forcing people to play Politics and War to be able to read a comic is not. That's Alex's view.

No, that's not what he said at all. But keep trying out those crocodile tears and whataboutism.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Go read the rules. Any alliance can have tax farms. Anyone can log in as often as they want.

That's not the issue here and I think you know it. You brought people over, not to play a game, but log in so you could benefit with a out of game quid-pro-quo. You both violated the spirit of the law and the letter of it. And no one besides the people who have directly benefited from your scam are buying it.

1 minute ago, Tankobite said:

No, that's not what he said at all. But keep trying out those crocodile tears and whataboutism.

"Still, I did enquire at the time about where all these players came from, and the answer I
received was that there was a raffle for a waifu body pillow and to enter the raffle one had to
start playing Politics & War. I figured, that’s odd, but happy to see new players joining and
because they did not appear to be bots I figured it was on the up-and-up."

Keep ignoring what's in front of you all you like. 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

There you have it, someone who has been staunchly against us this war was brought in to act as judge, jury and executioner. These same people will use Admin as a weapon to get what they want as they always have. Enjoy being at the whims of whales. The loud minority own Alex. 

Forcing people to sign up to be able to enter a raffle was okay in August, in November it wasnt a moderation issue, and all of a sudden it's now not okay. Either GPWC didnt bring in enough revenue for Alex or Alex has been bribed into action. Nevermind Alex's calculated action to inflict long term damage to NPO to try and get us all to quit by removing 65billion more than was gained from tax farms. Reap what you sow.

Theres are many decent people here and I hope you will rise up against the loud minority. I'll be bowing out of the game shortly after one more buildup. It was nice meeting the vast majority of you. 

Cant beat the whales, join them, that's what you should have done, but instead you cheated.

3 hours ago, Nobody Expects said:

No wrong was done.

You have eyes but you don't see

You have ears but don't hear

You have hands but don't feel

You have feet but you cannot walk.

NPO has replaced your game play experience with their empty desires to dominate others experiences.